Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:01 am
http://tektek.org/

When you go to the site,all you will now find are the take down notices.
Notice that until now Gaia has been cool with TekTek,even telling us users to go ahead and use it to help our dream avi creations?

Not sure I like where this is going....:/  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:07 am
Yeah, I saw that, too. emotion_donotwant

I hope Gaia releases something similar to what TekTek offered, but I wonder if we'll have to pay for the privilege?  

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:39 am
Actually, with the advent of wardrobe search however many moons ago, we've had an equivalent to tektek on site for a while.
It's not quite so user friendly as tektek, but it WAS the only way to create dream paw avis.
Just click the little bubble to search all of Gaia and enter your search term, you'll be allowed to save outfits with items you don't own (though if you try to wear them, it'll only display items in your inventory).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:42 pm
This just in, from the top rung on the staff ladder himself!
(If you receive staff update notices, you'll likely have seen this already.)
The issue isn't the dream avatar creator or item database portion of tektek.
It's apparently a rather larger issue that, surprisingly, none of us know about.
Tektek has purportedly launched a site similar to Gaia and has been utilizing Gaia imagery to their own gain (I'm no longer quite certain if it's that they used Gaia art in ads or if they took advantage of views from Gaians by advertising their site in the database and creator).
Which, as we should all know from plagiary speeches we've received at one point or several in our school careers, is a big no-no in the world of copyright legalities.
Hopefully the dispute can be resolved to benefit for all parties, Gaia, Tektek, and users!

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:50 pm
Queen Spazzy
It's apparently a rather larger issue that, surprisingly, none of us know about.
Tektek has purportedly launched a site similar to Gaia and put ads in circulation around the web that utilize Gaia imagery.
Which, as we should all know from plagiary speeches we've received at one point or several in our school careers, is a big no-no in the world of copyright legalities.
Hopefully the dispute can be resolved to benefit for all parties, Gaia, Tektek, and users!

Hi hun!

I just read that annoucement, too! That's really bad of TekTek if they've done such a thing! emotion_0A0

Thanks for the update, though! It's nice to see a guild where a crew member will post updates so to dismiss any confusion! <3

Take care! ^u^b  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:36 pm
Queen Spazzy
Tektek has purportedly launched a site similar to Gaia and put ads in circulation around the web that utilize Gaia imagery.

o.o; Not many look like the items on here,on Recolor me..~still poking through to see what things are about on there~

Unless you mean some kinda other image. confused  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:02 pm
Yuki_Windira
o.o; Not many look like the items on here,on Recolor me..~still poking through to see what things are about on there~

Unless you mean some kinda other image. confused

Mm, it's worded strangely.
I can take it to mean two different things now that I've read it again.
Either their ads use Gaia imagery, or they're taking advantage of the views they get from Gaians using the dream avatar creator to draw users to their site.
(i.e. they advertise their own site on pages with Gaia's property and are essentially making money with Gaia's art.)
Either way, tektek is still in the wrong as far as copyright goes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:06 pm
TH3_G1ITCH_
Hi hun!

I just read that annoucement, too! That's really bad of TekTek if they've done such a thing! emotion_0A0

Thanks for the update, though! It's nice to see a guild where a crew member will post updates so to dismiss any confusion! <3

Take care! ^u^b

Definitely! I'm surprised to find out about this.
And no problem~ I try to stay on top of things and live up to my position, haha~
Props to Yuki for pointing this out, I'd have never known about it otherwise!

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:25 pm
Queen Spazzy
TH3_G1ITCH_
Hi hun!

Take care! ^u^b

Definitely! I'm surprised to find out about this.
And no problem~ I try to stay on top of things and live up to my position, haha~
Props to Yuki for pointing this out, I'd have never known about it otherwise!

I didn't know this was going on till I went to the SF forum earlier before conking out again.So,your welcome? xD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:54 pm
I really hope that Gaia will allow Tektek to stay up. Maybe if they get different ads or something.

A lot of Gaians are gonna be upset about Tektek leaving if it does.

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Well shoot, I guess I won't get to be displaying any more dream avis used for RP characters in RPs since the site will be no more. Even with my inventory, remaking them from scratch would be near impossible, not to mention I'll probably be stuck asking for avi art of each one and then displaying only those specific pictures for each RP character profile. This just stinks.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:53 am
Is it really so hard to work something out between Gaia and tektek?

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:20 pm
I guess so.owo;  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:05 pm
oooo do i have a lot to say about this hehehehe

First of all it is true like the letter said that quite a few people really did have no idea what gaia was but knew what tektek was and assumed tektek to be the origin of all the content on tektek... i have noticed this myself...

It was a great service, and for sure the most expansive and user friendly dream avi site

as for gaia getting all pissy about tektek being involved with a similar site to gaia and feeling they have been ripped off.... Iit's silly .. considering the games and comunites the majority of the gaia founders played/hung out in? have they forgotten that the majority of "gaia's intellectual property" is ripped off from the games they played and the anime they watched?, the manga they read? and always has been .-.  

Gear Bush

Eternal Lunatic

Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces