Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Pakistani Christian Boy Set on Fire Dies From Burns Over 55%

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:41 am
Pakistani Christian Boy Set on Fire Dies From Burns Over 55% of His Body; Forgives His Muslim Attackers  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:49 pm
Those are some powerful words.

Not even sure if I can say the same for the drunk driver that could have killed my partner and I. In fact, my partner said that the guy's first words when he got out of his car were about how "screwed" and how much trouble he was in. He didn't even ask any of us, or the other lady that was hit, if we were all right. Nothing.

It's easy to say that you could do it if put in that situation... The test is when that situation actually happens.

I don't understand the evils in the world.  

olisea

Muse

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:16 pm
Arachnoia
Those are some powerful words.

Not even sure if I can say the same for the drunk driver that could have killed my partner and I. In fact, my partner said that the guy's first words when he got out of his car were about how "screwed" and how much trouble he was in. He didn't even ask any of us, or the other lady that was hit, if we were all right. Nothing.

It's easy to say that you could do it if put in that situation... The test is when that situation actually happens.

I don't understand the evils in the world.

Words to live by, and strive towards. ^_^
It is hard to forgive at times. We as humans make our forgiveness conditional.

"I can't forgive you because (insert reason)." It truly was The Holy Spirit at work in this boy, making him forgive. Forgiveness is often despite a person, despite that you know they will probably need to also be forgiven by you in the future.

Often God has to work with us to make us able to forgive.

Luke 17::3-5
“If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. 4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

5 The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”

I can't say myself I am always as forgiving as I should be, but I can see that I need to increase in faith to be able to.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games