Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Pass It Here (Ruth and Erebus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:58 am
Recent events have led the blonde reaper to conclude that the Library was an ideal location to get away from the rest of the student body. In between minion-ing for a certain flame demon and impromptu creeple-watching, there were times where Ruth preferred not to be noticed or seen because she wasn't there at all.

The best place for that seemed to be the Library. On top of it being a good source of lore and information, now and again it also served as an avenue for reinforcing herself over the persona she put forward.

Unfortunately, neither persona nor her real self was particularly tall and the stepladder for the bookshelves had just been used by a slime student with excessive slime production. Jack damn it, the books she was after just had to be on the top shelf, hadn't it? Grimacing, Ruth pushed the sleeves of her gray sweater up to her elbows, and proceeded to jump.

Melodine Cantus
If you need me to change anything, just lemme know biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:54 am
The library was Erebus' favourite haunt on campus, other than his own dorm room, of course. He didn't think of it as a place to get away from anyone; he just was fascinated with learning and soaking up all that he could read like an excited puppy.

In contrast to Ruth, the demon boil was taller, standing at 5'8'' and still growing. Not that he would ever outgrow his older brother, of course. "Uh." He said quietly, after observing the ghoul attempt to hop up to reach a book she had her eye on. "Do you need any help?"

Huni Pi

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:14 am
Ruth froze at the sound of the boil's voice, one arm still outstretched upwards, knees bent in preparation to make another leap. Slowly, Ruth turned her head towards the other student while the rest of her body remained in the pose. As if realization that someone was witness to her less-than-graceful actions hit, the blonde ghoul's face turned beet red as she immediately straightened up.

She coughed, or rather, she made the motion of coughing though no sound actually emerged from her mouth. Still blushing in embarrassment, Ruth nodded before she pointed at the slime-covered stepladder.

Melodine Cantus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:28 am
If he were to be in her shoes right now (though Erebus usually didn't have problems reaching things), he would have the exact same reaction as she did. Instead, the Cerberus boil merely grinned at her, eyes flickering to the stepladder she had indicated.

Ah yes. Slime. His last encounter with slime wasn't a particularly... great one. In fact, it had left him red with embarrassment. Quite similar to the predicament she was in right now, really.

"So, uh. Which book are you looking for?"

Huni Pi

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:47 am
Ruth pointed to the very top shelf then made a sweeping gesture before proceeding to enact the title. Or at least attempt to enact the title. Luckily, it was a series of books on Dream magic, which made pantomiming it easier than it would had it been called something like "Advanced Application of Rune Thermodynamic."

The blonde reaper did make it a point to hold up three fingers at the end. Sure, she had the slip of paper where she'd written the title and shelf numbers down, but where was the fun in that?

Melodine Cantus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:40 am
Unfortunately for Ruth, Erebus wasn't what one would call a charade master. He did however, manage to understand that it was on the very top and it was.... the third book?

"Uh... is it the third from the left? Or the right?" Or did the number three have something to do with the title of the book? The boil squinted up at the shelf, attempting to guess what she was referring to.

Huni Pi

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:14 am
Unfortunately for Erebus, Ruth enjoyed making things difficult for other creeple, even if it meant making things difficult for her in the end. The resulting reaction often times outweighed her own inconvenience, which was why Ruth's "helpful" response was to nod.

As in yes. To all his questions. Alright she threw him a figurative bone and pointed once more to the book in question before opening her mouth in a stage-yawn.

Melodine Cantus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:00 pm
Unfortunately for himself, Erebus wasn't someone overly impatient or demanding, and merely wondered exactly which question she was nodding her head to.

...Well, there wasn't any harm in guessing, right? He gave her a wry smile and reached up, grabbing hold of the third book from the left. "Is this it?"

Huni Pi

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
Huni Pi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:47 pm
The reaper approached the older boil, leaning to inspect the book without taking it in case it wasn't the one she wanted. The title printed on the cover read: Dreamscapes III: Of Dreams and Nightmares.

To her amazement it was! Inwardly she was disappointed she couldn't prolong the little game of charades and pantomime. But the persona stepped forward to accept the volume with both hands, shyly smiling up at the older boil in thanks.

((odd yes, even no))

Melodine Cantus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:52 pm
Erebus beamed, relieved that he had gotten it right. Handing it out to her, he noted the title of the book she had been searching for. "Dreamscapes huh?"

The first thing that came to mind was Xiu, who he hadn't paid a visit to in quite a while. "I have a friend that might like that. Actually, she might already have read that." He paused. Perhaps it was akin to how he and his brothers grew up with the tale of the Cerberus. Dreams were a huge part of a baku's life, so it didn't hurt to guess that she would know eons more about the subject than he ever did. "...She probably has."

Huni Pi

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:50 am
When he began to mention having a friend who might like the book, Ruth instinctively clutched the tome to her chest while her mouth curled into a protesting pout as if to say but I just got it! She seemed to relax a little when the older boil added that his friend might have already read it.

Alright, that was acceptable to both the Violet and to Ruth herself. Still, someone who also shared an interest in dreams? That could prove useful in her research to locate ALICE.

She pointed to Erebus, then to the book, then drew a question mark in the air.

Melodine Cantus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:58 pm
Hmm? He assumed she was asking him if he had read the book. "Oh, me? I haven't read that yet. I'll borrow it after you're done, maybe. Or... I should probably get started on Dreamscapes I & II first, I guess." It certainly would be an interesting read. And if there was anything he was ever unsure about, he could always pop by Xiu's cafe and ask her about it.

"My friend's a baku, so maybe I'll ask her opinion about it."

Huni Pi

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:50 am
The ghoul seemed to brighten, clutching the book to her chest, she pointed to the two volumes that had been beside the tome the older boil had gotten for her. Then she paused, tilting her head quizzically before drawing another question mark in the air.

The reaper had never heard of what a baku was. Probably something she should look into as well. But so far, the only lead she has is with this boil. Whose name she didn't know...

Her face turned red in embarrassment before she suddenly pressed a hand to her chest then pointed to her hair.

Melodine Cantus
I am so sorry with how confusing this girl is and I must admit I'm having a little bit too much fun with her nonsense.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:51 pm
This was further proof that Erebus was really quite terrible at charades. Trivia? Alright. He was even decent at Pictionary, but he just could not fathom what she meant through her gestures.

"Your... hair?" Eh? "Is there... something in it?"

Clueless. He was totally clueless.

Huni Pi
:'D IT'S OK erebus being all ??? is hilarious

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:39 am
If there was one thing Ruth would ever openly pride herself in, it was her patience. All this could have been easily avoided if she just "conveniently remembered" she had a scrap of paper and a penstrictor somewhere on her person. But that wouldn't be as memorable or as much fun for the reaper.

She made a silent giggle, and this time raised two fingers as indication. She lowered one finger before she once again pressed a hand to herself. She raised the second finger then cupped her hand at her ear before vigorously shaking her head.

Melodine Cantus
If you ever want me to "fast-forward" to an actual convo between these two just lemme know @ 3@

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games