Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Low self-confidence and many fears

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:51 pm
I have a lot of fears. I think my fears are related to low self-confidence.

I fear to lose my job.
I fear to be all alone.

When I was unemployed, I realized how important it is to have to capacity to find a job quickly, how few friends I have so I'm freaking bored alone, how I feel down so quickly and for a long period just because of a bad event (unemployment, left alone).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:18 pm
Maybe you've heard this too much, but those fears are very normal. I'm sorry you've got those feelings, but try to keep the positive things in mind! /hughug If you have reason to believe that you could lose your job, then try to ensure you don't. If you are concerned that you might be alone again, maybe there's things you can do about that as well, meet others and so on.

In any case, I hope I'm not sounding preachy or something, but I was there too so it's sort of a topic that's close to me. To explain that, I was unemployed for roughly one year, had lost my car because it was too expensive to repair (and there's no real public transportation around my house and I had no extra money for that anyway), was in debt up to my eyeballs and most of my friends (all apart from one, really) have moved away...I understand exactly where you are coming from, in the feeling of being lonely or abandoned, and having lost my job.
Unemployment doesn't exactly pay handsomely, and I was relying on one person to on occasion show up and hang out. That, and spent more time with my family.
But I managed to handle it and got through that crap. Things happen that we can't control. Speaking personally, I found that the best way to climb out of any puddle of depression over my situation was escapism in the form of writing, anime, games, art, and so on.

Do you have any hobbies that can distract your thoughts from the bad stuff?  

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:31 pm
Sakaiden
Maybe you've heard this too much, but those fears are very normal. I'm sorry you've got those feelings, but try to keep the positive things in mind! /hughug If you have reason to believe that you could lose your job, then try to ensure you don't. If you are concerned that you might be alone again, maybe there's things you can do about that as well, meet others and so on.

In any case, I hope I'm not sounding preachy or something, but I was there too so it's sort of a topic that's close to me. To explain that, I was unemployed for roughly one year, had lost my car because it was too expensive to repair (and there's no real public transportation around my house and I had no extra money for that anyway), was in debt up to my eyeballs and most of my friends (all apart from one, really) have moved away...I understand exactly where you are coming from, in the feeling of being lonely or abandoned, and having lost my job.
Unemployment doesn't exactly pay handsomely, and I was relying on one person to on occasion show up and hang out. That, and spent more time with my family.
But I managed to handle it and got through that crap. Things happen that we can't control. Speaking personally, I found that the best way to climb out of any puddle of depression over my situation was escapism in the form of writing, anime, games, art, and so on.

Do you have any hobbies that can distract your thoughts from the bad stuff?
I read, watch tv shows... When I do enough of that, I would exercise ... They are all activites done alone so... XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:51 pm
XxAriaxX
I read, watch tv shows... When I do enough of that, I would exercise ... They are all activites done alone so... XD

I wish I knew what more to say. D: Aside from maybe try some new things you're comfortable with, see if you can meet others with similar interests and experiences that way. Do you go to a gym or go out running or something?  

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:39 pm
Sakaiden
XxAriaxX

I wish I knew what more to say. D: Aside from maybe try some new things you're comfortable with, see if you can meet others with similar interests and experiences that way. Do you go to a gym or go out running or something?
It's okay smile , don't force yourself to find a solution XD...

I don't go to the gym because I have to pay. So, I exercise at home. I don't like to run in public places.

I just need sometimes to rant a bit and see if there's other ways, learning from others... I like to talk to people and learn.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:04 pm
XxAriaxX
Sakaiden
XxAriaxX

It's okay smile , don't force yourself to find a solution XD...

I don't go to the gym because I have to pay. So, I exercise at home. I don't like to run in public places.

I just need sometimes to rant a bit and see if there's other ways, learning from others... I like to talk to people and learn.

Heh, I understand that. I live on a circle, its private so I can just walk around it if I want, which is nice. And I agree with you, I need to learn from others too. I often feel like I'm doing everything wrong, that there's something more I can do in my current situation but I'm coming up woefully short on alternatives. It isn't easy for me to go anywhere really because I take care of my grandmother. Since she needs to be taken care of 24/7, I can't exactly go out and meet others. I barely get to take a 15 minute walk!

Lately the only way I get out of the house is when we meet up with family for dinner once a week and when I go grocery shopping, and my grandmother is developing dementia. And horrible as it probably sounds, believe me, she isn't the kind of company I want to have because she gets emotionally abusive towards me, though she doesn't realize she's acting that way.
Part of why I got back onto Gaia here is because I'm just trying to meet other people in hopes it can help me take my mind off the negative stuff, whenever I'm not watching something or writing or drawing or gaming, yknow?  

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

Star-geeker

Runway Icon

18,250 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:30 am
Find the job that you could do with in your life.
Like garden centre or fidge seals.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff