Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ MANGA
Need mangas w/ these genres...recommend any?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vaziane Wisp

Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:07 pm
Hello manga-reading folk!
There's nothing more I love than a good read and there's nothing more I hate than when it ends.
So I am looking for horror, psychological, mystery, and supernatural based mangas to replace the once I've finished! whee
I like thrillers, ones that leave you at the edge of you seat. So if you know any please recommend!
If you also have the same interests as me then feel free to ask me for recommendations.
My all-time favorite manga authors is Yamaguchi Mikoto and Sanbe Kei!

*WORKS BY YAMAGUCHI MIKOTO*
Dead Tube
Saiteihen no Otoko
Mayonaka no X Giten (Not as crazy as the first two and much more mysterious than it is scary)

These are all horror and some mystery added in. I recommend that you be 18+ and there is nudity so be prepared if you plan to read it! (Not as much nudity of Mayonaka no X Giten though).

So please recommend some! And if you are a horror manga fan please PM me and lets talk!

Btw please don't recommend Ibitsu. Its not bad or anything. Its just that I've read it already and I feel like its a well-known horror manga lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:56 pm
Vaziane Wisp
There's nothing more I love than a good read and there's nothing more I hate than when it ends.
So I am looking for horror, psychological, mystery, and supernatural based mangas to replace the once I've finished! whee
I like thrillers, ones that leave you at the edge of you seat. So if you know any please recommend!
If you also have the same interests as me then feel free to ask me for recommendations.

Dead Tube
Saiteihen no Otoko
Mayonaka no X Giten (Not as crazy as the first two and much more mysterious than it is scary)

These are all horror and some mystery added in. I recommend that you be 18+ and there is nudity so be prepared if you plan to read it! (Not as much nudity of Mayonaka no X Giten though).

So please recommend some! And if you are a horror manga fan please PM me and lets talk!

Btw please don't recommend Ibitsu. Its not bad or anything. Its just that I've read it already and I feel like its a well-known horror manga lol

sorry i dont read a lot of horror / psychological

all of the following are both manga and anime

Detective Conan
if you have not started this it will take you a while there are over 900 + chapters of murder mystery+ Ongoing

MAGIC Kaito Magic , thief mystery and ongoing

Nats'ume Book of friends - Supernaatural, Yokai

Nura rise of the yokai clan - supernatural , yokai

Witch Hunter robin- Mystery supernatural -

Get backers - mystery , action , supernatural -  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Vaziane Wisp

Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:03 pm
nena_sakura
Vaziane Wisp

Dead Tube
Saiteihen no Otoko

sorry i dont read a lot of horror / psychological

all of the following are both manga and anime

Detective Conan
if you have not started this it will take you a while there are over 900 + chapters of murder mystery+ Ongoing

MAGIC Kaito Magic , thief mystery and ongoing

Nats'ume Book of friends - Supernaatural, Yokai

Nura rise of the yokai clan - supernatural , yokai

Witch Hunter robin- Mystery supernatural -

Get backers - mystery , action , supernatural -

Lol I know Detective Conan. I use to read it.
I'll check out the rest!^v^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:24 pm
Ah, this is an older thread, but I recommend Ana Satsujin.
But the thing is, I recommend it to people who are 18+ for the ocassional nudity, but it is very gruesome
I honestly don't know how to to explain the plot without spoiling the story, but it isn't really what you'd expect.
I've been keeping up with it though, and it's really good. Once you pick it up, it's hard to put it down.  

Onikuun

Mage

Vaziane Wisp

Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:25 pm
Kuroitani
Ah, this is an older thread, but I recommend Ana Satsujin.
But the thing is, I recommend it to people who are 18+ for the ocassional nudity, but it is very gruesome
I honestly don't know how to to explain the plot without spoiling the story, but it isn't really what you'd expect.
I've been keeping up with it though, and it's really good. Once you pick it up, it's hard to put it down.

Actually I'm reading that too. And I love it! I'm also keeping up with the chapters and it just updated but I haven't read the latest chapter yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:07 pm
I would suggest reading Tokyo Ghoul  

Dona Amora de Crema

Shy Gawker

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100

Vaziane Wisp

Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:30 pm
Dona Amora de Crema

I have read the whole thing lol and it is good and so weird. Loved it. I'm actually reading Tokyo Re: but its just so... calm. I just want him to go nuts already lol
But I haven't been reading it lately so I'm in the dark about what's happening now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:22 am
Vaziane Wisp
Dona Amora de Crema

I have read the whole thing lol and it is good and so weird. Loved it. I'm actually reading Tokyo Re: but its just so... calm. I just want him to go nuts already lol
But I haven't been reading it lately so I'm in the dark about what's happening now.

I hear ya' I've been cut off from the internet for a while so I don't know what's going on in Re: either. Hopefully "Kaneki" comes back.  

Dona Amora de Crema

Shy Gawker

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100

Koduni

Sagely Dreamer

11,600 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:04 am
I'd recommend reading Ajin, Apocalypse no Toride and Mahou Shoujo of the end.

They're all a little bit gory, and would definitely limit them to an 18+ audience but they are worth the read.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:59 am
so, horror, psychological,mystery, and supernatural...
Well, some dont cover all of those genre but well, you can try these:
1. Igai - The Play Dead/Alive
2. Dorei Yuugi ( warning mature)
3. Killing Morph
4. Mashira
5. Kasouba no Nai Machi ni Kane ga Naru Toki
6. Kichikujima
7. Hideout
8. Higanjima (warning mature)
9. (All of Manga by Itou Junji)
10. Kurozakuro  

Izatora