Submit

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:01 pm
I'm sorry that I didn't post it last week. I was just so caught up with kids' camp! cat_sweatdrop
And then there's the downtime and then the new mini-house plans and then the... aw, fluff buckets. I'd better get this out of the way. cat_xp

Anyway, this week's topic is... BANANAS! cat_biggrin

*crickets chirping*

... That was bad. I'm so sorry, Mr. Iwata!!! cat_gonk
I've failed you... cat_crying

{Made belatedly in memory of Satoru Iwata}

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:00 pm
User Image

User Image

User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:50 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:42 am
I prefer mine a bit under-ripe, so they aren't too sweet. They taste better under-ripe.

Anyway, it's hard to think of "banana" without thinking of those Minions they have plastered everywhere these days. Walmart employees have the patience of saints. For reals... I like em, but product placement gets old quick. I'm sick of em being everywhere. Not even Swiffer Sweepers are safe from their faces... Those walking, talking Twinkies in overalls and goggles... sweatdrop  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:12 pm
I LOVE bananas. My favorite fruit, and that's saying something because I really love fruit.

The best banana (to me) is when it's vibrantly yellow without any trace of green, just before it starts going brown. It's at its flavorful peak then. emotion_drool

Saikii

Anyway, it's hard to think of "banana" without thinking of those Minions they have plastered everywhere these days. Walmart employees have the patience of saints. For reals... I like em, but product placement gets old quick. I'm sick of em being everywhere. Not even Swiffer Sweepers are safe from their faces... Those walking, talking Twinkies in overalls and goggles... sweatdrop

I don't work in Walmart, but our store has Minions everywhere, too. Even on the bananas. Chiquita has been putting Minion stickers on its bananas for months now, and it's always kinda cute when I'm stocking them and a little kid happens to see the stickers and gets all excited about it. There was this one little Japanese boy shopping with his family who looked to be about 3-4 years old, speaking fluently enough in Japanese that I was absolutely lost in what any of them were saying until I heard the awed utterance of "Ooh! Mih-nee-ohn!" come from him. I'm not normally a fan of kids, but that was darling. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:30 pm
Saikii
I prefer mine a bit under-ripe, so they aren't too sweet. They taste better under-ripe.

The Minion overload is probably going to last for a few months more since their movie just came out a few weeks ago.

Probably the next "product placement" feature to capture companies interest will either be the Peanuts movie or the new Star Wars movie. They'll be able to appeal to a wide range of generations with those two. The other big hits are mostly focused on just one particular audience and don't have as big of a fan base.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers