Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
1,500-Year-Old Burned Parchment Deciphered as Book of Leviti

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:22 am
1,500-Year-Old Burned Parchment Deciphered as Book of Leviticus, Contains God's Instructions to Moses  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:16 pm
Garland-Green

how interesting!
would a new bible need releasing if new information was discovered, perhaps? is that possible?  

Pheroic

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:10 pm
Pheroic
Garland-Green

how interesting!
would a new bible need releasing if new information was discovered, perhaps? is that possible?

It is highly unlikely because of the way the Torah was copied by the scribes that it is going to cause the need for a new Bible.

As a side note;
In the Old Testament the best-known scribe is Ezra; because he was both a scribe and a priest, he was a very powerful religious leader (Ez. 7:6).

Some the following is just samples of the regulations the scribes followed when translating the Scripture:

* There was a specific way to prepare and dedicate the manuscript material so that it would be pure to receive God’s Word.

* There was special and dedicated black ink for copying Scripture.

* Each word was read alone and aloud from an authentic copy before it was written.

* When the word GOD was encountered, the scribe’s pen had to be wiped clean. When YHWY was encountered, the scribe had to wash his body before he could write it.

* Each letter and word had a certain distance from each other and could not touch.

* Each letter and word was counted.

* Each column of text could only permit 48-60 lines.

* Each page could only permit a certain number of letters and words.

* Each page was rigorously checked (in addition to counting, finding the beginning, mid-point, and ending letter, etc.)

* Any mistake on a page, the page was condemned.

* 3 mistakes on one page condemned the whole manuscript.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:12 pm
Garland-Green

wow! they were quite dedicated then. i'm glad that God's word stays true to us today. what would we do without it?  

Pheroic

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:21 pm
Pheroic
Garland-Green

wow! they were quite dedicated then. i'm glad that God's word stays true to us today. what would we do without it?

They were and they had a very important job which they recognized as important, but by the time Jesus started preaching they were some of the people besides the pharisees that he had the most conflict with much because they went beyond the Law as it was written and added human tradition as more authoritative. We would be pretty lost without it...

Seven Woes to the Scribes and Pharisees  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:29 pm
Garland-Green

thank you for that quote. it was enlightening and i really needed that today. amen.  

Pheroic

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:33 pm
Pheroic
Garland-Green

thank you for that quote. it was enlightening and i really needed that today. amen.

Not a problem brother! That is what we are here for - to build each other up, all to the glory of God.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:10 pm
Garland-Green

if i may, i would ask you to pray for me. my doctors cannot find out what is wrong with me and every day i just give it all to God. i trust in Him completely so i just wait for the day i will walk with Him. i know i am saved through Jesus so i wait for the day i am healed in His holy name.

thank you for being there for me!  

Pheroic

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:18 pm
Pheroic
Garland-Green

if i may, i would ask you to pray for me. my doctors cannot find out what is wrong with me and every day i just give it all to God. i trust in Him completely so i just wait for the day i will walk with Him. i know i am saved through Jesus so i wait for the day i am healed in His holy name.

thank you for being there for me!

It is hard being sick and not knowing what it is. I will pray for you. I am glad that you ask, because it is a honor to get to pray for people and I encourage others reading this also to pray for you.

Present Weakness and Resurrection Life  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:22 pm
Garland-Green

i can never thank you enough. praise the Lord!  

Pheroic

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:29 pm
Pheroic
Garland-Green

i can never thank you enough. praise the Lord!

All glory and honor to God!

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games