Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Open Class] Arting and Crafting (Sucre + Leo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:39 pm
NAME OF CLASS: Arts and Crafts 101
PROFESSOR NAME: Professor Zixil Braxton

General information:
The Arts and Crafts room is tucked away in the corner - one way in and out, which is just how the teacher likes it. The classroom looks normal enough from the outside, with its standard door and numberplate (with an added addendum by the teacher, his name and the class title added on a piece of Muck Tape). The inside, however, looks like someone found all of the weird, eclectic stuff within a five mile radius, ate it, and then vomited it all up. The teacher has either completely lost his mind, or is trying way, way too hard. The cabinets that line the walls are partially filled with beginner art supplies: slime-based paints, earwax crayons, and...glitter, a thing so evil that it can be known by no other name.

Mechanics:
Your Most Excellent Professor isn't going to fill your head with crazy ideas. That's all up to you!

Upon entering the class, roll 1d100 to determine your Muse Level (ML).

Muse Level 1-20

Woah, you can't make art with a Muse Level this low! Go stare longingly at your first crush, or listen to emotional music, or cry it out! We can't have you making anything that's worth less than 20 silver seeds beneath your actual capabilities.

Muse Level 21-50

Did you dip yourself in paint and roll your face over the canvas? That's not going to be acceptable. Nobody will want to buy this. Or look at it. Not even kind of.

Muse Level 51-80

Looks like you might have the right idea. Go ahead and give it a shot. I guess the worst thing that could happen is you ruin everything, but that's okay.

Muse Level 81-100

Got a real overachiever here! Creativity is oozing from your pores (seriously clean that stuff up please)!

If you roll 1-50, you will need to make another attempt. A roll of 51-100 allows you to proceed. The above information correlating to your ML gives you a good idea of how your student will be approaching this assignment.

If you succeeded in developing a passable Muse Level, you will then need to roll a 1d10 to determine to overall success of your drawing/painting/sculpture etc. Feel free to pick whatever medium you'd like!

1-3 You really poured yourself into this one, but the Professor isn't quite feeling it. Take it home and pin it on your wall, because that's all you're getting. (Fail. You'll have to make another attempt!)
4-9 You paid careful attention to details, color schemes, and - most importantly - marketability. Professor Braxton smashes a sickly note to your body with a sloppy "A" written on it, because ruining the art would be a travesty. As far as you can tell, you've done a good thing. (Pass!)
10 You are a prodigy! This thing belongs in a museum! Or the home of the highest bidder! Your artwork will be displayed in front of the entire class. Hope you're not shy. (SUPER-PASS!)

You must RP your student creating their...well, whatever they make.

Bonus Mechanics:
•If you include a DRAWN representation of the piece of art that your student creates, you can automatically add 2 to your success roll, ultimately bringing up their final score. These drawings do not have to be anything fantastic, and can be as detailed or non-detailed as you want.

•Any student who is able to use magic to create illusions can roll 1d4 to determine how amazing their artwork appears. Which is what matters. If you roll even, you can add 1 point. If you roll odd, no points can be added. This can not be combined with the 2 points you can add when including an image.

•Any student who lacks dexterity (lookin' at you, claw-handed monsters) can roll 1d4 to determine their ability to talk Professor Braxton into believing that the piece of art's concept is going over his head and is, in fact, a true masterpiece. If you roll even, you can add 1 point. If you roll odd, no points can be added. This can not be combined with the 2 points you can add when including an image.

Each visit to the classroom has the potential to span multiple posts due to the amount of dice rolls. You can interact with other students, try to steal their concepts - whatever you'd like to play out!

YOU COMPLETE THE CLASS WHEN

You pass the class!

Madness_insanity rolled 1 100-sided dice: 40 Total: 40 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:50 pm
Ephebe

To: Leo

Message: Hey Leo, my scarents are bothering me to send something home, I thought arts and crafts would be fun, want to come take the class with me?

Sucre was beyond excited to dig into the massive amount of supplies but the classroom was all but empty and she didn't want to work alone. She sent Leo several other messages ranging from she was bored. to she was excited, to what supplies looked good, instead of starting her work.

Ephebe

To: Leo

Message: Hey bring some spookies yeah? We might need a snack!

Satisfied, the goo girl finally explored the shelves because now texting on her Eyephone was getting old. This was more fun than shopping. She grabbed anything and everything, including the glitter. It would be horrifying!

Her heart just wasn't in it though. Mostly she was impatient for Leo to come and overwhelmed with the supplies that she ended up with a messy canvas. It was bored strokes of gooey paint, and probably a bit of her own mixed in, glitter, beads, string and some unidentifiable objects mixed in the layers of goo paint. It looked like Sucre herself had exploded on canvas mixed with some extra color and sparkly bits. The professor glared at her. Sucre looked away and pushed the canvas disaster over to the other vacant desk. She'd just leave that there then.....  

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ephebe rolled 1 100-sided dice: 52 Total: 52 (1-100)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:40 am
Madness_insanity

To: Sucre

Yeah sure, that sounds fun! brt

She'd set off for the Arts and Crafts classroom immediately, checking her phone as the messages from Sucre rolled in. Some got a reply, some she had no idea what to do with but grin at the phone.

Then came the pivotal text about spookies, and quickly Leo typed in her reply;
Madness_insanity

To: Sucre

Good idea!!!

and then turned on her heel, ran back to her dorm and went to her supply of sweets and spookies, stuffing what she could into a bag. By the end of her raid, it looked more like she was prepping for an outing with five people rather than two.

Then, loot secured, she set off again, gait as fast as it could get.

"I'm here!" Slamming the door open perhaps hadn't been the best idea, but this sounded fun and she was excited, OK. The glare the teacher threw her made her shrink a bit though, softly closing the door behind her and slinking over to her friend. "I'm here," she whispered, taking a seat and discreetly sliding the bag of goodies inbetween them.  
Madness_insanity rolled 1 100-sided dice: 97 Total: 97 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:44 am
Sucre had finished removing her failed idea when the door almost burst from the hinges. Turning around at the sound of the door she was greeted by a loud hello and Leo. Sucre jumped up in reply and waved a little too vigorously flinging goo about the room. There was a drawn out sigh, dripping with irritation behind her. She quickly sat back down, also causing some goo to slosh about.

"That was an entrance!" she said as her friend slid into the desk next to hers. Sucre pale goo eyes and grin grew wide at the contraband her friend had supplied.

Sucre lifted her eyes, checking that the professor's attention had turned away from the two and dug into the bag. The assortment of sweets were great and she was impressed her friend had so many. After stuffing a few into her stomach and letting them dissolve in the goo she actually tried to plan out a project.

"Oh!" she started, "don't look over there." She pointed a slimey finger toward the failed canvas, defeating the point of telling her friend not to look. "I think I have an idea this time! And I already grabbed some stuff but you can get some more if you want. I'm so glad you came!"

Ephebe

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ephebe rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:34 pm
"Don't remind me," Leo muttered, with a smile to take the edge off of her words. She reached for a sweet and stuffed it in her mouth, sighing blissfully at the taste. "You have great ideas, Sucre."

She wasn't going to look if her friend didn't want her to but, well, a pointed finger was practically a written invitation. The artwork was... tilting her head, she squinted - was that an octopus? No, it might be a house. Probably best not to think too much about what it actually was, from the looks of it.

"What do you have in mind?" Drawing her eyes away from the glittery trainwreck that was Sucre's first attempt, the Mare considered the supplies in front of her. "Nah, this'll do fine! And me too, this is already loads more fun than an afternoon nap." Making up her mind on what to do, she grabbed the supplies she'd need and neatly lined them up, "I'm going to draw a sand whale. But not," she looked up at her friend, "a small sand whale. A big sand whale, attacking a sand harbour as the helpless locals scream for mercy." Satisfied at her artistic vision, she nodded.

She wasn't the most practiced artist, but starting off with a sketch was probably the best way to go about this. Grabbing a pencil, she started drawing the general shape of what she wanted.
Madness_insanity

Madness_insanity rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:50 pm
"Always." she muttered, eyeing her supplies carefully. Perhaps this time she needed to think less flat and more all dimensions. She grabbed some wire and set to work twisting and wrapping it around itself, a small armature in the works.

"I'm not sure yet, or I am sure but I'm not sure if I'll like it." Her attention flitted to her friend's work. "MAYBE YOU SHOULD USE SOME SAND!" she exclaimed, having seen some on the shelf earlier. "It should have some really sharp teeth if it is going to eat some locals...." she added, "it sounds perfect!"

Sucre came back with a couple jars of colored sand and put them down on Leo's workspace. She sat back in her seat and stared at the mangled wire creation. She wasn't sure where she had been going with it. Sucre fiddled with the wire some more until it turned into a huge jumbled mess "Ahh professor...." she started, but the disappointing look she got told her to shut up and try again. She just stuck that in the paint goo on the canvas, it was growing!

Ephebe

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:21 am
"Hmm," she hummed, nodding to Sucre's explanation. And then her friend mentioned sand, making the Mare instantly perk up, "they've got that too? I didn't even think to check." And sharp teeth, definitely a must! She set about sharpening the teeth on her drawing, beaming at her friend as she came back with some sand. "Thanks Sucre!"

She looked at the jars of coloured sand, considering them. "Pink should be sufficiently creepy, don't you think?"

Then wincing in sympathy as the professor rejected the other ghoul's work, Leo patted her on the back. "Maybe next time will be better," she added optimistically.
Madness_insanity

Madness_insanity rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:39 pm
Sucre tapped the pink jar of sand "defiantly! That is going to look soooooo good!" She watched Leo for a bit longer before attempting something of her own again.

Sucre messed around a bit more with supplies, grabbing something and studying it or rearranging her desk. Finally after opening and sniffing at the pot of glue she had an idea. Sucre was particularly fond of fashion and so that is what she would focus on.

She started with a scribble, applied some grey paint to a basic long-limbed body, sharp claws included. Inspired by Leo's sharp-toothed flesh eating shark Sucre ended up painting and layering onto the figure a sort of meat dress lined in jagged teeth. It was ferocious. Sucre was never subtle and she glued bits of netting to the drawing. "You could so wear this." she said, showing it off to Leo.

Sucre cautiously moved just her eyes toward the professor, who was now nodding approvingly toward the girls. Quickly, afraid he'd change his mind, she was back to looking at Leo and her piece.

User Image

Ephebe

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ephebe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:45 pm
Her drawing was coming along nicely and soon the Mare was putting on the finishing touches, using the coloured sand to give it some texture.

So caught up in finishing her own drawing, she hadn't even snuck any peeks at Sucre's new piece and so it was a newly amazed Leo that took in the masterpiece when it was shown off to her. "Wow, that's so good!" The style, the shape - the outfit as a whole was both fashionable and fun. "You've got a real flair for fashion!"

She laughed a bit awkwardly at the suggestion that she could wear something like this, though; "Me? I'm not sure... isn't it too fancy? I don't know if I'm made for anything that elaborate." And she was a bit scared of dresses, truth be told. "Still, it looks really great," and then, in a near whisper, "I kind of want to try it, now."

Madness_insanity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:37 pm
"Thanks!" her gooey grin widened at her friends compliments. Sucre was pretty confident in her designs, even if she shouldn't be. This one really wasn't bad though.

"Made to wear it!? I made it for you! You were my inspiration....well YOUR flesh-eating whale was......so that means you are!" Sucre leaned in closer as Leo's voice dropped down to just a whisper. She sat upright, a twinkle in glossy gooed eyes. "YOU WILL! I AM GOING TO SO MAKE THIS NOW. LIKE RIGHT NOW!"

A sushing came from the professor, who had leaned in a bit closer. Sucre wasn't sure if it was to listen to them, which she doubted, or to get a better look at their work.

She took her volume down to a normal level. or at least a normal level for Sucre. "Do we even have a sewing room? Doesn't matter, I'll hand sew it if I have too!" She said, mostly to herself as she hurriedly gathered her things and bounced around the room returning supplies to the incorrect places.

"I'll need to get some big teeth somewhere too?" Still talking to herself. Finally she snapped up her painting, "I'm going to so get started on this now." And excitedly Sucre turned on her heel and headed for the door. Just before she stepped out she turned back around.

Sucre grabbed a hand full of sweets, of which were still hidden under the desks by Leo, "I'll call you for a fitting" She grinned, one-hundred percent serious. Sucre was rarely so serious. "Oh and thanks for hanging, it was fun! Call me later!" And she was gone and down the hall, a sprinkling of goo in a trail behind her.

Ephebe
OMG year 3 Leo in this outfit is so going to happen!

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:08 am
"Really?" Leo didn't manage to get a whole lot of words in as Sucre talked, then started putting supplies back in their spots. She was a bit baffled, a lot flattered and somewhat caught in excited anticipation; "that sounds awesomely cool, but you don't have to--"

"Okay, and thank you too-!" She managed to get a hand up for a wave and then her friend was gone, down the hall. The teacher sent an exasperated glare at the Mare, probably rightly deducing that whatever had made Sucre cause such a stir had originated from her friend. Well, sort of. To placate the teacher, she held up her finished drawing, neatly textured with sand and coloured in. The glare softened into an approving nod and Leo grinned, glad that it seemed to pass muster.

Then she too was off, with another wave, this time to the professor. This had definitely beat an afternoon nap.

Madness_insanity
omg haha, whirlwind Sucre!!

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces