Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] A Tea house for Two [Bryn + Hera]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:09 pm
It was slow going for the demoness, who made her way through the streets of Town Heights with her usual dreamy expression. She was nothing but passive elegance. Even the thick crowd of people, mostly uncommon for the quite, refined Tea House, didn't shake her from her sluggish determination.

Madame Bitethorn was the reason for the mass of creeple about and her lectures on Terrible Tea Etiquette were notoriously hard to find and difficult to get seats for. Bryn's Father had of course bought her a seat as soon as he had heard, from a contact of his, that the Madame was appearing at the Wilted Garden Tea Room.

Learning from the great lady would be of immense benefit to Bryn, hosting teas and knowing the proper brewing and serving methods could only improve her character. She kept her pace, steadily making her way into the tea room and checking herself in.

It was equally crowded inside, the small tea house ill equipped for such a large number of creeple. Bryn found her table. At the very least it was a table just for two, so she would only be forced to have one other person in her space than the larger tables. Small jars of, what she assumed, were garnishes and ingredients for the tea as well of small tins of the tea leaves themselves and other supplies where set up smartly around the small table.

Bryn had been here too many times to count and found her eyes heavy, unable to find much of interest to keep her up and entertained. Ignoring the chatter around her till it dimmed into distant background noise. A nap would not be so bad, at least until the lecture started.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:15 pm
Newly arrived to Halloween Town, it had been the members of the Mantodae cluster's idea to give her a welcome-to-the-city present. One of them, a middle-aged Druid called Rose, had once delivered herbs to several prominent members of Town Heights before Miasma Village became enclosed by fog; former connections which she now called upon to get Hera a seat for Madame Bitethorn's lectures on Terrible Tea Etiquette - something which, the cluster had agreed as one, suited a future Queen to know.

She was quite alright with that, really; the etiquette might turn out to be tedious, but if her luck held out there might yet be some tea to be had. And Hera quite loved tea.

The table she'd been assigned to was small, thankfully, so at least she wouldn't be cramped in with a ton of other creeple. Only one, by the look of it; a ghoul who looked to be slightly older than herself, elegantly clad and, if she was not entirely mistaken, also a Demon.

She might also be asleep, from the looks of it. No matter, the Druid thought with a sigh before sliding in next to the other ghoul.

And then, because her Mama had raised her right, she daintily cleared her throat to give the older ghoul some warning before greeting her; "good afternoon."

Madness_insanity

Ephebe

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:23 pm
A rather unsurprised "oh" came from the demonesss as she blinked her eyes open, gathering herself and stiffening her back into a respectable posture. "Afternoon," she said and titled her head in greeting.

"I do apologize." she said, stifling a yawn, and glancing toward her new table companion. She was a small thing, younger than her clearly but she did have an air of entitlement about her and her dress was pleasing. "I hadn't the pleasure of any conversation yet so I thought to reserve my energy, it seems you and I will be table companions."

Bryn set her hands in lap. "I'm pleased to meet you. My name is Bryn." She offered, eyes still half-closed.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:15 am
What polite manners! Instantly, Hera brightened, a happy smile growing on her face. "No apologies needed," she waved a hand dismissively, "it was a good thought! This room is rather crowded, though we seem to have been lucky enough to have been assigned a small table. The noise in here is quite something all the same, even though the crowd seems relatively well-behaved." Well-behaved by Miasma Village standards at least, but she didn't say that out loud, only neatly crossed her ankles and folded her hands.

"And the pleasure is all mine, miss Bryn! My name is Hera, newly accepted student at Amityville Academy." The school was quite famous, so it would be a good thing to mention it, yes? She thought so at least. Turning her eyes to the goods on the table, she considered how to continue the conversation without seeming over-eager. "I take it you are a fellow tea adorer, then?"

Madness_insanity

Ephebe

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:45 am
Having blinked the drowsiness away Bryn was now mostly awake and at attention. She returned her companions smile and attempted to mirror her enthusiasm, as much as Bryn was capable of doing.

"It really is the only respectable establishment to enjoy tea." she replied. "Forgive me for unawareness, but I've heard talk of this Miasma village, but I'm finding that I lack much information on it. What is it like, your Village?" She was very interested and cocked her to the side.

"How lucky!" she started, "I too have just recently started my attendance there. It will be beneficial to the both of us to have connections upon starting classes. I would be very pleased to know someone as well mannered and agreeable as you seem to present yourself!" This was a very nice turn of events, and it had the demoness in a rather unusual giddy mood. "Truth be told, I was afraid of the caliber of creeple to be found at the Academy. Of course it is of a high reputation but let us not pretend that it also does not accepts a wide variety of students, of which aren't perhaps ideal acquaintances. My worries have been set to rest upon meeting you. I think it will take just a little work to find more acceptable associations, but I do dislike drawn out work." she sighed.

A ghost ghoul, sporting a lovely laced frock placed several teapots of steaming water upon the two ghoul's table. "If you please misses, the lecture will start in just a few more minutes!"

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:58 am
Ah well, good, at least she wasn't completely in the wrong place here. "Ah, er..." Hera cleared her throat, playing for time and trying to think of how to describe her home most flatteringly, "it's quite rural - we were held off from outside contact for some time, but have recently regained it. It's quite charming, rustic even." Nodding to back up her words, she thought of what else to tell the other ghoul that wouldn't make her think she was from the sticks. She came up short. "It's quite nice - a pleasant place to grow up, even if I am glad to be expanding my horizons now." That was a bald-faced lie; she'd kicked and screamed at being sent off to a boarding school, even if the other young ones in the village were going.

But the other ghoul's words made a proud smile grow on her face, pleased that she seemed to think well of her. "I as well!" Nodding along gracefully, she folded and re-folded her hands in her lap. "Some work would be well worth it here, though - good connections in school will be a help to you throughout your entire life." That was what one of her cluster had told her, anyway.

Nodding once again, this time to the ghost ghoul, Hera leaned backwards and tried to get comfortable for the lecture while still looking elegant.
Madness_insanity

Ephebe

Madness_insanity

Fashionable Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:57 pm
Birgit wasn't all that impressed, nor was she accustomed to, or interested in, really, anything "rustic" or "rural". "It sounds charming. Perhaps a visit one day would be pleasant." She replied politely, but her lack of interest was plainly obvious. It was hard to say that Birgit held much interest in anything though.

"My Father would agree. He always seems to have a connection to draw on anytime he needs a favor. I should perhaps be expanding my network." She was quiet for a moment, seeming to think upon what she had just said. Birgit was ask if Hera had any experience herself with tea houses, if her village even had one, but a clinking of metal upon class cut through the chatter.

The Madame, draped in vines with sharp red thorns, approached her own large table and began her lecture. She mentioned that this would be an interactive lesson, which explained the assortment of tea goods presented on all the tables. After a specific section of the etiquette was reviewed she'd pause for either an exercise or to allow a small break for chatter.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:35 am
The Madame was truly elegant in both attire and demeanour, and Hera listened with rapt attention as she spoke. This had been a far greater gift than she'd realised; really, her cluster knew her well. And they'd managed to pull some serious strings to get her in here, she was beginning to realise. Perhaps a gracious call home wasn't entirely out of the way.

The first break was for an exercise to set the table in the proper manner. Turning to her table-mate with an excited smile, the young Druid was almost bouncing in her seat. Almost, but not quite. She was trying to restrain herself, but this sounded fun! "Are you ready to start?"

Madness_insanity

Ephebe

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces