Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Turkey's Top Religious Body Warn of 'Star Wars'-Based Faith

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:47 am
Jedi Religion: Turkey's Top Religious Body Warns 'Star Wars'-Based Faith Is Spreading in Christian Societies

It is not really compatible with a Christian faith either. He said it is growing in Christian societies I would call it post-Christian societies.

Side note: God is very personal, and not an impersonal energy to be tapped into and utilized by Moses. If anything God used Moses for His purpose. smile

Exodus 14:30-31
Thus the LORD saved Israel that day from the hand of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians dead on the seashore. When Israel saw the great power which the LORD had used against the Egyptians, the people feared the LORD, and they believed in the LORD and in His servant Moses.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:46 pm
You got that right Garland. I appreciate Star Wars as a fictional story be it done as a movie, comic or cartoon the way it should be, but not if it becomes an actual religion of Jedi. That's basically taking it way too far. It's ridiculous how people can do this kind of junk in the first place. I just hope these people are able to turn away from this false stuff and seek the Lord. They'd be better off with God than something completely false like this.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:25 am
Princess Zelda21
You got that right Garland. I appreciate Star Wars as a fictional story be it done as a movie, comic or cartoon the way it should be, but not if it becomes an actual religion of Jedi. That's basically taking it way too far. It's ridiculous how people can do this kind of junk in the first place. I just hope these people are able to turn away from this false stuff and seek the Lord. They'd be better off with God than something completely false like this.

If you don't know what is true, then you don't know what it false. You can't really recognize it for what it is. We are all susceptible to deception and to deceiving ourselves if we do not know God and realize He is the standard of truth. It is sad, but it seems like if you don't know God then you will put anything there in His place to believe in, because you have a built in need to believe something to give life meaning. I completely agree that they are better off with God than any other alternative, be it a trust in their own ability, in humanity or something constructed out of popular entertainment.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games