Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[ORP] A Day In the Life Of: (Bastion)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:47 pm
Bastion had a lot of trouble waking up that morning. It was warmer under the blankets, and he'd found great difficulty getting to sleep the night before, so it felt extra plus good to stay in bed a little later. When he did wake up, it was with a groggy, unhappy face. He crawled out of bed, slid across the room, and flash cooked a can of beans on a tiny fire stove that he and his roommate shared. Once the glop of a breakfast was eaten, he combed his hair and changed into his normal dress clothes, before heading out to the shrub.

Bastion no longer lived in a shrub, but he still worked there whenever the mood struck him. It was small and cramped, but it had everything he needed, and he was used to it by now. So he left the safety of the tower, and trekked the far, far trip all the way into the woods in order to get into the shrubbery he used to call home, and begin the long, but fruitful, process of creating jewelry.

He looked at the waning sun, and decided he'd probably sleep here, tonight. He might as well.

Quote:
Bastion is a horseman of the death clan, he's strangely friendly to students, and he is inside of a shrub in the forest. This shrub. He works there, he's hollowed it out and put up a small house inside that you have to crouch to be in, and he makes jewelry there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:42 pm
Evening Forest

There was something about that shrub. It felt unnatural. Since she began exploring the forest near her school, she couldn't help but grow used to the surroundings, and notice when something felt off.

And that shrub felt off.

She returned to the area again, drawn to it on her wandering in the evenings. As she approached, she slowed, as if sensing someone had been there. Was someone there? Was it even alive?

Nerisei had to know. It was her duty as a Hamadryad to understand and protect the plants around her.

She moved close and began to touch The Shrub.

Quote:
Nerisei's Journal - A nonchalant Dryad first-year who is still adapting to the setting...but she wont let you know that.

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:25 pm
Evening Forest

Where there was a shrub moving, Lan had come to learn, there was either minipets, or Bastion. Today, it was THAT shrub, meaning it was THAT horseman.

"BASTION."

She would just yell for him because she was above crouching down to get on his level. Plus she hoped to maybe scare the student.
"BASTION I HAVE A REQUEST FOR YOU~" She tried to not sound demanding but- It was Lan. She was nearly always demanding.

Elyessi
Nio Love

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:14 pm
Looming presence outside the shrub at evening

He hadn't been home. He hadn't been at the forge, nor the market place, nor anywhere else in the tower that Nergui searched. It could have meant many things. Innocent things. Not so innocent things. Worrisome things.

What it meant to her was that he had retreated to the hovel of shrub he called his work station. Why he continued to go back, the mare didn't know. She'd offered to have a new work bench crafted for him, with everything that he needed for his craft. An oven, a forge of his own, anything and everything he could have wanted. She would provide him.

Instead, he choose to work here, and apparently sleep here on occasion.

She was standing over him, dark lips set in an odd little frown, hands on her hips. "Bastion."

nio love

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:31 am
Sometime in the early early morning

Was there a way to knock on a shrub? He wasn't entirely sure, but he did at least know that this particular shrub belonged to someone he very much wanted to chat with. The older Famine Horseman circled the interesting looking shrub a time or two, before he stopped at a place he imagined the entrance to be.

"Pardon my intrusion - I'm looking for the Death Horseman Bastion."

Quote:

Salbei is a Famine Horseman. 6'5", wearing an awful lot of colourful fabrics in too many layers.

nio love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:36 am
Evening Forest 5pm

Perhaps it was the smell. Perhaps it was the warmth that seemed to emanate from a shrub that should not be giving off heat. Whatever the case was, Nerisei was right to sense something odd about the giant shrub in the middle of the forest. When she touched the shrub, her fingers would pass through the initial curtain of leaves soon enough, and touch hard, solid wood.

Elyessi

----

Evening Forest 7pm

The sound of a head thunking hard against a low ceiling echoed, followed by a muffled curse and a low whine. A few seconds later his head popped out from under the leaves, with his hand resting on it. He caught a glimpse of Lan, and lowered his head (and hand) respectfully.

"How may I help you this evening, my lady Lan?"

iStoleYurVamps

----

Evening Forest 9pm

It was a busy day indeed.

Bastion looked up from his work, and gave his cousin the saddest, guiltiest smile. "What a lovely surprise," He whispered out in embarrassment. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your company, cousin?"

He knew exactly to what. He knew exactly.

Beejoux

----

Early Morning Forest

It had been an exhausting night, and Bastion would have slept in if not for the sound of a voice outside of the shrub. It took him a few minutes to actually respond, but the rustling sound of someone moving within was indication enough that he was getting to it.

Weary, ragged, half dressed and sporting amazing bed-hair, Bastion peeked his head out and winced at the morning sun.

"You have found him - as has the rest of the world, apparently." This would be the last day he would come to his shrub 'to get away', it seemed.

Enoh Love

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:29 am
the shrub at night

"Are you sure? You do not sound terribly pleased to see me, dear cousin." Her posture was all stern disapproval, but her voice was soft, and there was a very faint smile on her lips. Exasperation and endearment. "You don't like the work bench I had made for you?"

Shaking her head, the priestess sank down to kneel beside him. "What are you working on?"

nio love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:37 pm
Early Morning Forest

"My apologies for interrupting." The older pony hummed, looking the ragged man over from head to toe. "I promise I will be swift. I am looking for three of these - " A hand appeared from his robes, holding out a detailed reference sheet for a bright orange gem, complete with several study-like drawings of it. "- I was told you might have a few of these in your possession."

"I would, of course, be willing to barter."

nio love

Enoh Love
Crew

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:41 pm
the shrub at night

With an even more guilty duck of his head, he shifted to kneel in front of her, and put both of his hands on either side of her head. Holding her there, he gave her an honest smile.

"I love the bench you made for me. Never think, even for a moment, that I am anything but pleased to be with you. It just isn't about that." He let go, and sank back down to rest on his haunches. "This place just hums with an energy that soothes me. I need the solitude, I need to feel surrounded and enclosed as though entombed, but in living entities." He reached out and pressed his hands against one of the leaves that stuck out from the ceiling. "It protected me when I was alone for so long. There is life, here. I cannot ignore it." His hand dropped to rest on her shoulder. "Even if it means less time with my beloved cousin." And her less beloved mate, he failed to say. After all, what heartsore man would willingly surround himself in the sight of other people's love?

beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:00 pm
Early Morning Forest

He'd never had a customer come to his shrub. It was kind of nice. His eyes fell to the paper in Salbei's hands.

"Clinohumite, a rare gem indeed." He murmured, intensely obsessing over every detail. "Your mysterious source was right to think I own a batch of Clinohumite, but how important is the clarity and color match to you? What will they be used for, if I may be so bold as to ask? It will help me determine exactly what you need."

Enoh Love

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:01 pm
The shrub at night

The elder sighed softly, acceptance or defeat, as mismatched eyes lifted to the hand that had reached out to touch the leaves that surrounded them. She didn't not have to like his logic to see that it was important to him. That this place was important to him. She understood connection, and life, better than most, she would say. "I just want to see you happy." It was the goal she had aimed for since they were small children, and she would continue to support him in that desire until the world had turned to dust.

Leaning closer, she reached up to cub the strong lines of his face, drawing him down to her so she could lay a kiss on his brow. "If this makes you happy, then so be it." A soft pinch to one dark cheek as she smiled up at him, then she'd let him go.

nio love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:32 pm
The shrub at night

Happy.

He closed his eyes when she kissed his forehead, but quickly turned to look away. This was not the question he wished to answer.

"This makes me productive and at peace." He hedged, offering what answer he could. "There are many in this life who cannot say they are blessed with either of these things. I count myself lucky."

beejoux

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:51 am
Shrub, sunset

She noticed that the shrub had been occupied with a certain...something. The small horsewoman tottered up to it, observing it carefully, sniffing and squinting.

Gzifa then took a step back and spread out her wings, flapping them to send a gust of wind through the bush.

"Oi! Are you dead?" she called out.

Nio Love

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:09 am
Shrub, sunset

Several muffled, quiet curses came out of the shrub, before eventually Bastion did as well. His hair was a mess from the wind, with leaves and sticks stuck to his hair. He looked wild and ruffled, and stared with a mixture of awe and annoyance.

"Madam, there are better ways to get my attention than by blowing my workplace down. Perhaps you could have just called for me, or knocked? Or anything less intrusive than this?" It was difficult to get Bastion in a tizzy, but she had just blown his tiny forge out.

So yes. He was pissed.

Zyphiris

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:24 am
Shrub, sunset

She stopped as soon as she heard the muffled noises, cocking her head to the side expectantly as she anticipated what might emerge from the bush.

Oh, it was just one of the death clansmen. The realization left her feeling a little underwhelmed.

Only when did Bastion start to speak did she feel a little sorry for what she did.

But just a little.

"Why a bush? Trees are much better," she commented unabashedly, circling the shrub trying to locate its entrance.

"Oh, no wings," she said as an afterthought, sounding almost a little sorry for the horseman.

"....So watcha doing in there?"

Nio Love

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces