Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{ CYOA: HUMAN STUDIES: SUPERSTITIONS } Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:05 am
Visit a HOME

Trisha grinned at the knocking. oh was there interesting to the humans? she joined in the knocking. Oh they were interested.

One of the older ones turned to stare at the wall as if listening.

Trisha felt the tastes of fear raise into the air. Just a little. She grinned at Kane looking very excited.

They make more fear on this day." she observed. "I'm sure we will one day." humans were such fickle creatures after all. FEAR generators.

"I decorated my room and stuff of course. I was thinking of going trick or treating around town. You can come with me if you want. I'll protect you." she winked, thinking his hermitness was shy induced. not just a lack of wanting to go out.

_ p a o cx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:09 am
Visit a HOME

Kane made a face as another human joined in the knocking before turning again at the sudden rise of fear in one of the humans that was with the scarelings. He reached out to stay her hand, make sure she didn't knock just to see what their reaction might be if she kept right on going, and when they finally looked away he sighed.

"I'm sure, but that day isn't today," he said before pulling his hand back and returning it to his pocket.

"Ah, I'd really rather not," he answered her then. "I'm more of..." and he struggled to find a word that would adequately describe his preference for the indoors and solitude. "My father calls me a hermit, so one of those?"

Quote:
7: The human is talking about knocking on a wall - but hey, why not, right? So you knock three times. Three is a nice number. Except now the human is talking about 'knocks of death' …oops?

phantompanther13

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:37 am
Look the humans were doing it more. Trisha reached up to do the knock of death once more. But Kane stopped her. Oh. Was that too much? But she was enjoying spooking the scarelings.

"Oh a hermit type. Does that mean you are a thinker? Hermits tend to be deep thinkers in my herd. They are very wise, even if they aren't always as strong." she nodded. "those sometimes they are just weird. like crazy uncle coots. He likes to drink out of a sock. and the stuff he drinks... isn't suitable for scarelings I think." she shrugged.

"just don't turn into uncle coots. I think were are good here. Let's go homewards." she pointed dramatically to the door.

_ p a o cx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:01 pm
[CYOA Start]

Aedan made his way into Professor Winter's office, as mentioned on the notice boards, more intrigued than he had been in...quite some time, actually, if he was honest. Apparently they were going to be allowed out to visit the human world...on Halloween. Nodding obediently as Professor Winter laid out clearly the rules, he merely blinked when he realized he was not to touch, or otherwise actually interact with any of the humans. Interesting, but he had no issue with staying within them; he was more curious than anything else. Speedily skimming over the documents placed before him, he signed them with more haste than he might have usually done.

So, he was going to observe superstitions, hmm? When explained, they sounded downright...odd. Collecting his passport and whatever glamour the professor placed on him, Aedan stepped out into...what appeared to be a very, very rustic town. Looking from side to side, he wasn't even sure he'd want to label this a town...it was that small. Was this the pinnacle of human life, or was he actually in a small town by their standards, as well? Stepping out of what he guessed to be the main road through the town, Aedan moved somewhat gingerly, trying to take it all in. Disappointed to not see more than a few people, speaking softly to one another on the streets, he decided to try to find a human dwelling, to see what they really lived like.

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:08 pm
[Inside a Home]

At the end of a street, just off the main drag, Aedan noticed what appeared to be a small cottage - it looked positively cheerful, like something out of a nightmarish painting, as far as he was concerned. Just as he was about to make his way inside, he noticed a small bat, flapping wildly as it nudged up against the door, almost as if it wanted inside. Surely the humans would welcome such a precocious bat into their home? Opening the door wide, he stepped through the portal, trailing silently after the bat.

Making his way to a corner, Aedan's eyes widened in surprise as he heard a...well, it could easily be likened to a banshee's wail, if he were to be honest. Wincing slightly, he craned his neck to see what on earth had prompted the sound...Oooooh. Apparently, humans were not as inclined to see bats as being a potential pet...that or this woman was not fond of animals, as a rule...

Aedan found himself listing clumsily to the side to avoid being trampled as the woman in question set about chasing the bat back out the front door with a broom, yelling something to the effect of 'good riddance, you disease-ridden vermin!'

He'd been in the home less than 5 minutes, and already couldn't help but think that humans most bizarre.

Vashtya rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:38 pm
[Inside a Home 2/4]

Once his heart rate had lowered to a more normal level, Aedan wandered farther into the house, curious as to what the human(s) were up to. Stepping into a darkened living room area, he saw a group of humans seated around a small...board, with numbers and letters printed on it.

Tiptoeing closer, he cocked his head to the side, seeing how they all had their fingertips pressed lightly onto a plastic plug in the middle of the board.

Smiling, a glint of mischief in his eyes, Aedan placed one finger in the middle of the plug, shifting it from letter to letter, spelling out a series of words: G-E-T O-U-T N-O-W. As the plug moved to the W, he was barely able to restrain the snort of laughter that fought to escape when the group of teens bolted for the door he'd so recently entered the abode through, shoving each other in their haste. Such an interesting game!

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:49 pm
[Inside a Home 3/4]

Still twitching with mirth, Aedan froze when a plaintive meow emerged from a nearby window sill, at the same moment that the elder woman, who had chased the bat through the front room moments before, wandered back in, seemingly puzzled by the absence of the group of boys who had so recently been crowded around the now-abandoned ouija board.

When the black cat leaped down off the window sill, padding toward Aedan, he wondered if his cover was thoroughly blown. Fortunately for him, it would appear that black cats were a part of one of these odd "superstitions" as well, for the woman backed away quickly, muttering something about 'bad luck' and 'Don't cross my path!!" directed in the cat's general vicinity.

Vashtya rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:52 pm
[Inside a Home 4/4]

Hearing a back door slam, Aedan made his way quickly to the window, curious as to what had caused it. What...on earth? There was a man walking around a neighboring home, walking swiftly around the dwelling. in and of itself, that wouldn't have seemed strange at all, except he was moving backwards, in a counterclockwise direction. Furthermore, he was muttering under his breath, a worried expression on his face. Aedan pressed his face against the glass, watching raptly as the man did it thrice, before proceeding to knock on a nearby chunk of wood...and then he seemed to shrug, a relieved expression on his face, before going back into the home.

What sort of weird beliefs did humans subscribe to??? He'd been here less than an hour, and he had so many questions - here was to hoping a follow up class would end up being offered, if only to explain the whys of some of these oddities he'd seen! Looking down at his watch, Aedan was more than a little bit disappointed to realize that it was time for him to head back to the portal he'd come out through. With a small, beleaguered sigh, he made his way back out the front door, down the steps, and back down the road.

Once back in Halloween, he debated turning in the requested report about his 'findings', but instead opted to make his way thoughtfully out of Professor Winter's office, and down the corridor, heading for his dorm room. [EXIT]

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:15 pm
Visit a HOME

As she rambled on about what "hermits" were as she understood and then mentioned some crazy uncle or something, Kane's eyes had wandered over to another human who was walking around the house in a similar pattern as the other one had been earlier. He made a face; so strange, these humans! When he was paying attention to Trisha again she was already pointing toward the door.

"Gladly!" he said, making a beeline for it. "Also, did you just compare me to a crazy uncle of yours? I do not drink out of a sock, let me just make that clear right now."

Just the thought of it made him shudder.

Quote:
10: You watch a human walk around their dwelling three times, backwards and counterclockwise. Then they knock on a nearby piece of wood.

phantompanther13

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces