Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OPEN CLASS] Your Very Own Halloween Costume! (Neri/Hera/?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Name of Class: Your Very Own Halloween Costume!
Professor name: Professor Selene Apophis

General Information: This class is open to Amityville students as well as Horsemen!

Professor Selene has collected far too much memorabilia from her trips to the human world, especially during Halloween. She wants to put some of her collection to good use, by helping out anyone who wants to make an appropriate costume for the all too important Trick or Treating that occurs every Halloween in the human world! You get to keep what you put together here - you may even get to use her costume in her Halloween Helpers Field Trip or Professor Winter's Horseman mission, should you want to!

Mechanics:

Part One
: Picking outfit pieces

There's boxes lined up all in a row, all of which are filled with colorful pieces of costumes from days gone by. You're allowed to pick out four pieces to make a costume, so make it count!

Roll 4d12. If you don't like the pieces you rolled in this option, you are allowed to try again one time! Matching pieces will give you more points!

1. A Witch/Wizard Hat
2. A Witch/Wizard Robe
3. A Broom
4. A Pirate's Hat
5. A Pirate's Tunic
6. A Sword
7. A Skull Mask
8. A Skeleton Bodysuit
9. A Pumpkin Stump Hat
10. A Giant Pumpkin Bodysuit
11. A Blue Fairy Dress
12. Blue Wings

As you can see, 1/2/3 is a match, 4/5/6 is a match, as is 7/8, 9/10, and 11/12. If you manage to match two pieces of an outfit, you get +2 to your final total. If you manage 3 pieces, you get +4 to your final total! If NONE of your pieces match, you get +1 added to your total for originality. Remember you are allowed to roll again if you don't like your first find, but you must roleplay both posts out (minimum 100 words each), and you can choose whichever of the two you like best!

Part Two:

Putting together your costume:

It's time to show Selene what you've chosen! Put the costume on and try to explain to her what you are, even if your pieces mismatch. Are you a pirate fairy? A Skeletal Pumpkin? That's horrifying! You must tell her a story (minimum 200 words) about the character you've created. You can even give it a name, a backstory, and a goal in life! Make it interesting, Selene loves to be enchanted with a good story!

Roll 1d6 with your explanation post. Add the total of this dice, to the points you made in part one. Match your total to the fields below!

Totals:
1-2: Selene is so disappointed in your lack of attention to detail. She doesn't even know if she should let you keep the costume you made.. you clearly don't care about it! (Fail)
3-4: Is.. is your professor about to cry? She looks like she's about to cry.. maybe you should have taken your work more seriously.. (Fail)
5-6: Selene says nothing, but puts a green star sticker on your forehead. For Effort! (Pass)
7-8: Well done! Selene is so enchanted by your story, that she's lost track of what she was doing. Oh, that's right! Giving you an A! (Pass)
9-10: Is.. is your professor about to cry? She looks like she's about to cry.. did you do something wrong? Was your costume not good enough? No, she's just.. so.. proud.. *SNIFF* (Pass)

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN…

You complete the class, whether you pass or fail. You get +1 rp point for completing, and another +1 point if you managed to go over 600 words.

Should you pass, you will get a bonus to Professor Winter's Horseman Trick or Treating EM, or Selene's Halloween Helpers Mission! You also get this neat-o special ability:

Super cool IC ability that you get for passing: You can now magically transform into your halloween costume instantly!

RAFFLE TICKET! You get +1 Halloween Raffle Ticket! Go HERE to claim!

Elyessi rolled 4 12-sided dice: 4, 4, 5, 7 Total: 20 (4-48)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:16 am
4, 4, 5, 7

Nerisei wasn't sure how she arrived in the little room, but she did recall getting tugged in by some strange force. Now, she was sitting at a table with a pile of things in front of her, some looking spooky, some looking sparkly, and all looking tacky. She kept her features calm as she looked over the pile, her eyes dragging across the colors before moving to rest of the teacher before them. The professor seemed excited, at least with her little trove of treasures.

Leaning back, Nerisei ignored most others as she kept from touching the fabric before her. Instead, she watched for a few moments as the class was unleashed on the pile of 'goodies', before finally sorting through her own stack of stuff.

"What is this..." She murmured with some confusion, pulling out a leather hat with a skull over it. It was ragged, and almost looked like it was going to fall apart. Dropping it, she grabbed another that was a bit more in working order, and set it atop her head with a small grimace. Well, it actually fit pretty well, and the leather didn't seem too terrible or mess up her hair at all.

With that thought in mind, she dug through and pulled out a similar leather outfit, and then a skull mask. The leather seemed to fit, but she did favor a bit of variance with her look. The mask was just monsterous enough to make sense, and she was quite content with her find.

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
Ephebe rolled 12 4-sided dice: 3, 1, 4, 4, 2, 3, 2, 1, 1, 3, 2, 3 Total: 29 (12-48)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:49 am
((... wow I really messed up that roll. Ignore this post ahaha))  
Ephebe rolled 4 12-sided dice: 12, 5, 8, 4 Total: 29 (4-48)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:50 am
Quote:
12. Blue Wings, 5. A Pirate's Tunic, 4. A Pirate's Hat, 8. A Skeleton Bodysuit
+2 points to score

Hera had gravitated towards one of the older ghouls in the class, quite on accident - the ghoul was standing slightly apart from the mania that was their classmates, and the druidess deemed this a better spot to be in than in the midst of the fervor.

"Greetings," she said with a graceful nod to her table-mate, before digging into her pile. There were the oddest things in here - obviously meant to emulate the creatures of Halloween and yet falling just shy of the mark.

And to be quite frank, she was content with her appearance the way it was - it had been said by some that she was not the most frightening of creeple but then, a monstruous appearance was generally not where a Reaper's strength lay. Although she supposed she did not quite fit that category either, with her features just monstruous enough to not be entirely human-like.

Either way, she was loath to forego her usual outfit for these clothes.

"Ugh," she made a disgusted noise at the garment she was currently holding - some sort of robe that would entirely cover her up. No thanks; with a roll of her eyes and a curled lip, she threw it back in the pile.

It took a little while before she finally found something decent; for a given value of 'decent', of course - truthfully it was more like 'not entirely awful'. Blue wings, quite nicely done with a little bit of a sparkle to them. Yes, that would do - just insect-like enough to please her.

Once she'd gotten the ball rolling, finding more stuff was easier - a skeleton bodysuit, a pirate's tunic and a pirate hat was quickly added to her costume.

Elyessi

Ephebe

Elyessi rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:59 am
Nerisei stiffened as another sat near her, and she was at a loss at what she was looking at. The ghoul appeared quite human-like, but the color of her hair and the outfit she wore was so deliciously plant like. It was clear that her clothing was just that - it wasn't a second skin or an enhancement fit for a beast. Yet, Nerisei could almost tell that this Reaper was one with the earth, a supporter of plants and just worth associating with. As if clicking, Nerisei found herself looking past the race of the girl and just accepting her companionship...for now.

"Hello..." Her voice came out like a slow drift, showing her disinterest in the chaos and almost appearing as if she would rather be asleep.

However, her eyes stuck to Hera long enough to notice the outfit, before she slowly looked back to her own.

The teacher chose that moment to speak up, demanding all students dress in their costumes and put on a show. Pursing her lips, she refused to show any more of her distaste for the act as she put on the hat once more, as well as the tunic and the mask. It looked strange, but it would need to do.

Others moved to the front to explain their costumes. Some were just as lazy as she, while others had really gotten into the spirit of things. When it was finally her turn, she moved to the front and adjusted the mask.

"I'm an undead pirate." Nerisei murmured. She made move to go back and sit, but was prompted yet again to continue and expand.

"Right...well. Pirates are fierce humans, ones that live among the sea and don't damage the world and plants. They are respected for their bravery, and feared for their dreaded stench and blood soaked past." Snickers came up at that, but Nerisei ignored them and continued on in her low, slow drawl.

"There was a certain pirate that many spoke fear of, the pirate who could never die. He was known for his wit, for his bravery, and for his lack of sense of self. He would do anything and fight anyone without worry of death. To him, death was another game and another war to fight for."

She watched as the teacher prodded her a bit more, "...so when he died, he became undead. He turned into a pirate that lived an endless life on the sea, striking fear in others through his look and lack of fear of death."

Her entire tone appeared bored as she stood there, and she didn't both any sort of actions. Once she was done, she moved back to her seat, where Selene simply walked up and put a green sticker on her forehead.

Well, it was a pass.

Nerisei turned to watch Hera and her turn.

Ephebe

Ephebe rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:38 pm
There was something elegant about the other ghoul, Hera decided. And of course she was quite plant-like in appearance, which did not hurt at all in the druidess' opinion. One could never be too plant-like - nor, for that matter, too insect-like.

She watched as the other students took their turn, getting more and more irritated as they went. Why wasn't she at the front of this queue? Honestly.

Last before her turn was the older ghoul who she'd greeted - the story was good, she thought, if a bit laconically delivered.

And then it was her turn and she moved to the front of the classroom, before clearing her throat as daintily as she could.

"I," she began dramatically, sweeping gestures accompanying her words, "am Latarinea, the undead Fae; once hailed as the most beautiful ghoul in my town, I spent most days cooped up in my family's estate, reading books of history long gone by. Shy and retiring, I never went far beyond the estate's borders, instead preferring to spend my life in-doors."

Surveying the listeners', she decided that enough were listening for her to continue. She was perhaps not the best story-teller, but if nothing else she was certainly enthusiastic about it.

"Then one day I did venture outside and became the victim of a horrible cart accident; I died. But never fear, I was reborn as one of the undead! Although shocked, my family was accommodating and tried to re-integrate me into my old life; knowing nothing of who I was before though, the lifestyle soon began to chafe and it was not long before I ran away to become an adventuress. Of which I am very successful, of course."

And then, because the teacher was still looking at her like she expected more, she said; "The End."

Of course now would come her Pass-sticker, only, the teacher didn't seem to be moving from her spot at all. Rather she looked on the verge of tears and for a few moments Hera felt like a very accomplished story-teller indeed; moving someone to tears on her first try! She was a true talent at this.

And then the teacher sighed and shook her head in disappointment and it dawned on her that perhaps she wasn't going to pass this class after all.

With a 'hmph!' at the teacher, she moved back to her previous spot, leaving the spotlight to someone else. If there was anyone else to go - really, she was far too miffed at the moment to keep track of everyone else.

Elyessi

Ephebe

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces