Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[Halloween Daily RP] Pumpkin Decorating (Saoirse and Fia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:07 pm
Prompt: It's a long standing tradition to decorate or carve pumpkins as a way to celebrate the holiday season! Some base it off of their friends, some try to make it as spooky or adorable as possible, but most just simply have fun with it. Play your character, either alone or with friends, decorating a pumpkin for this holiday season!

It was a crisp autumn day, perfect for being outside. The only thing that could make it better was to add some beauty to her surroundings, and that was something that Saoirse did naturally wherever she went. A bit of glamour here, a bit of glamour there, and whatever she was around looked as it should (in her eyes).

But sometimes it was nice to leave a more lasting impression, and for that reason she had a few pumpkins around her, eyeing which one could best use her personal touch to carve and decorated. She'd finally selected the perfect pumpkin to work her magic on when she caught sight of someone she hadn't seen for some time.

"Fia!" She called out in greeting, voice ringing clear in the fresh air.

Ath e a r t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:04 am
Fia took a deep breath, breathing in the cool autumn air. She definitely enjoyed warmth more than the cold, but the best part of the cooler seasons what what she could enjoy. Before she had left her abode, Fia enjoyed a nice hot cup of tea. When she left, she covered her shoulders with a light cloak; the slight chill felt good against her cheeks, but her body stayed nice and warm.

It was Fia's first time being in the area for the Halloween season, and it seemed like everyone was enjoying it. She... Didn't really know what to do, so was really excited when Saoirse invited her out for making decorations. Fia was ready, with a few autumn-y gold decorations, including some leaves in different sizes. They were tucked securely in between her clothes.

When she saw and heard Saoirse, Fia quickened her pace and waved. "Saoirse! It's nice to see you again!" Fia noticed that Saoirse had some... Pumpkins around her. Were they really going to decorate those? The horsewoman had seen them, but it seemed a lot dirtier than say... a basket?

"Are we decorating those...?"

ramenli

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:14 pm
The horsewoman was eyeing the pumpkins and Saoirse may have nudged one or two of them a bit closer to her. "Yes, this type of pumpkin is perfect for decorating."

The Aos Sí picked up a knife and worked around the stem of the pumpkin, opening it up. She didn't prefer to get messy, but she would when it called for it. At least if she did this she'd have a bunch of gooey pumpkin guts, perfect for some sort of prank. "I've decided to carve this one," she added conversationally, "but there are some other things if you just want to decorate the outside."

She smiled at Fia before she reached in to start emptying out the pumpkin. "I'm not really sure how I'm going to carve it yet."

Ath e a r t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:40 pm
Fia nodded at the confirmation of the pumpkins. She looked at the one Saoirse picked and looked at the other ones that were around them, looking for one that seemed to be similar. The Horsewoman had no luck, but instead chose one that had a symmetrical shape but a bit smaller. "It should be easier to decorate if smaller, yes?"

She watched as Saoirse took off the top of the pumpkin. The insides, she guess pumpkin guts and seeds, came out a bit with the cut top. For her first time, Fia had to get the full experience right? "I've... Never done this before, so I shall follow suit!"

Taking her place next to Saoirse, Fia cut a circle on top of the pumpkin and pulled out the top. Just like the other, this pumpkin was spilling its guts as well. "Ugh... This looks nasty..."

Fia took the top and tried to clean up parts of the top with her hands. It was pretty darn squishy. "Do you do this every year? Its so cold... and squishy... and cold..." She managed to clean off the top rather well, but she looked inside the pumpkin. There was still a lot more in there.

ramenli

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:19 pm
"Most years, yes," Saoirse confirmed. "Though at home sometimes other people would clean them out for me, so they were ready to carve whenever I pleased."

That was what she would go back to in a few years when she graduated, and honestly, some of the parts of being a princess were nice. As she spoke she kept cleaning out the inside until she deemed it good enough. "Once you get it clean you have to decide what you want to cut out. Sometimes it's easier to draw it on, that way you make sure everything is connected, but some people just freehand it. You can cut all the way through or take of layers for more intricate design."

She started working on her design, and to absolutely no one's surprise it was a butterfly motif, the wings making a sort of skull pattern in them. "You need a decent sized pumpkin to carve, but the smaller ones are good to paint on.

Ath e a r t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:46 pm
Fia rolled up her sleeves and put her hand inside the pumpkin and felt the gushing against her skin. "Ugh... Someone else cleaning this out sounds a lot more pleasant." She moved her hands around and tried to pull out as much as she could. It was really cold inside as she felt around the guts and seeds.

She would watch Saoirse from the corner of her eyes and do as she did until she stuck her hand in the pumpkin and it was smooth inside. No more guts Success! "Well, that took long enough. Maybe next time I can talk someone into cleaning it out for me... I'd gladly carve their pumpkin if they'd 'gut' mine." Fia let out a soft laugh.

The design that Saoirse started on was quite lovely and very fitting for her. Fia stared at her pumpkin and wondered what she should make. Eventually, she made a slight outline on the pumpkin and made some cuts. Some were deep and the other shallow. Eventually she pulled out two of the hidden gold pieces in her clothing and poked them firmly in.

Fia had tried her best to carve a 'tattoo' design of the body and tail of a phoenix and attached the gold pieces to be wings. It kind of looked deranged, but her hands were skilled with metal working so the details were not that difficult for her. "How does this look? Too fancy for a pumpkin?"

ramenli

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:10 pm
It was pleasant working alongside Fia, quiet for the most part but comfortably so. She was still working on the finishing touches for her own pumpkin when Fia spoke up, asking her opinion, and she paused to take a long look at the pumpkin.

"It's gorgeous," she said simply. There really isn't such a thing as too fancy or too beautiful." And there wasn't, not in her opinion.

"Now all we have to do is put a candle in them," she informed Fia cheerfully as she dug around in the remaining supplies and brought out two candles and a box of matches. "Your phoenix will look gorgeous with the flames." There was a hint of envy in her voice, the longing for beauty evident, but she was content to simply be surrounded by it.

She handed over one of the candles and then placed her own in her pumpkin, reaching in and lighting the candle before replacing the lid. It was harder to see in the daylight but it wasn't too bright, and it was easy enough to see the design.

Ath e a r t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:21 pm
She watched as Saoirse put in her candle first and Fia did the same to her own. Carefully, she lit the candle and put the top back onto her pumpkin. All that work just to put the pumpkin mostly together again. At least this was something that only really happened once a year.

"I adore yours too," Fia said as she peeked over at it. "The flicker of the candle might give it the illusion of fluttering at night."

Fia gave her friend a quick hug. "Thank you, Saoirse. I really enjoyed this time with you." She then picked up her pumpkin and put it on a ledge for all to see. "I very much appreciate you teaching this to me!"

ramenli

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas