Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
The High Priestess

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:28 am
Sharing an article from a Norwegian newspaper. Just to let you see what is moving in my country. This article is taken from one of the largest Christian newspapers in Norway.

The High Priestess
Lilli Bendriss has a twice as large congregation on Sunday than all Norwegian churches combined.

"I give something, you give something, then it becomes balanced," explains Lilli Bendriss. She will not attract the "suckers", people who want something for free.

FACT: Lilli Bendriss
69 years. Single, three children, five grandchildren.
In her 11th season with the TV program The power of the spirits.

REPORTAGE
Halloen! You are visiting a house in chaos! The maid could not come this week. How do I turn off this podcast, anyway? I was born in the wrong century!

Lilli Bendriss from the TV series Åndenes Makt (The power of the spirits) opens the door wide open to the entrance hall of the apartment in Holmenkollen. She is sounding as clear as it is possible to be when you are drowned out by Kristopher Schaus new program and have just managed to scratch cancel the two other appointments.

But the scented candles, she has managed to ignite. On the shelf in the hallway eight of them are burning, in the living room are at least as many, between sculptures of African women and Oriental deities.

And this lady has handled a hectic situation before. In a few seconds she's ready for both photography and video. When she - totally on the fly - must tell before the camera what is the meaning of life, comes phrases without thinking time.

- I connect. And then I get help to say the words I should, she explains afterwards, pointing to the sofa in the window, next to a Buddha figure with mounted bulb and screen his head.

- I think it's okay that we're sitting there in the corner. Then we can look at each other, and it is a bit more intimate.

In love with Jesus
Then comes the story of 16 year old Lilli Bendriss were saved in what she remembers as a "Pentecostal church or some other sect":

- I was the happy in life, and concerned with fashion and clothing. Religion did not interest me at all. A relative nagged me into attending a meeting. I sat there and wondered how I was going to get out. Then something happens.

Bendriss is a skilled communicator. She switches to the present tense when the story is dramatic.

There and then she feels suddenly an immense grief, she says. It is as if the whole world sorrows are laid upon her.

- I sobbed and crying, have zero control. The speaker then laid his hand on my shoulder. The atmosphere changes, I notice the energy, the people around know that something is about to happen. A firebeam travel from his hand, straight into my heart. And in a fraction of a second turn grief into ecstatic joy. I start laughing.

Behind her own laughter Lilli Bendriss hear the speaker say, "Thank you Jesus that you opened her heart."

She calls it an "inexplicable experience" and said she "there and then falls in love with Jesus."

When she comes home, her parents are naturally concerned. They are solid state church people who have built up their own small clothing factory. But they are also characterized by growing up at the chapel. Especially grandfather had been strict. We're talking about a man who said no to most, like embroidery on Sundays, makeup and cropped hairstyles lady. Lillis parents would not want her to become hooked on extreme Christianity.

- I was so disappointed that they could not share this joy with me. People talked about Cuba Crisis and judgement day. And I thought: So what? If I die, I'll only meet Jesus.

Closed door

After a few months came Lilli to himself again. She noticed that the new friends did not like that she used makeup.

- And I used as much as i do now, she laughs.

Moreover, she was an amateur actress. The newspaper wrote about Lilli that she "was beautiful as an angel and played absolutely fantastic." Congregational leaders hinted at her being Jezebel and a temptresses.

- One Sunday I'd babysit during a meeting. I went on the mountain instead and was told that I "was not doing God's work." I exploded in a rage. I said this is manipulation, it has nothing to do with love! That day I closed the door. I closed the door also to Jesus.

25 years passed quickly. Lilli met love of her life in Kader, Algeria. They had three children and started a restaurant together. Apart from being considerate of her mother in laws Muslim faith, Lilli Bendriss had no religious thought in her head.

She says that she "more and more felt a kind of emptiness."

- Life was pointless and I was depressed. And on top of everything I had been told that I had cellular changes - just as my father had been a few years before. He died of cancer.

The balloon burst

Bendriss started going to an acupuncturist, mostly because she was so tired. He stuck needles "here and there for several months," but nothing happened.

- I remember leaving the treatment room. I tell him it is cost too expensive. I've been here for the last time. He answers: "Got it."

The acupuncturist then walks into the room next door. He is walking a bit back and forth, and returns with something that looks like a gold pin. He blows on it. Turns it against all four directions.

- I was horrified, until then he had seemed to be clinically professional, a kind of professor type. Now he wants to put this needle in me. And he will not even say why.

The needle is placed below the navel. Bendriss feel nothing. She says goodnight, and sits in the car.

- It's like a balloon burst. Tears and streams. I run home and cry all afternoon. I'll call acupuncturist and tells it, he says simply: "Great, Lilli."

The next day she is still crying. When she finds a brochure on "meditation for people with cancer." She calls and make an appointment, it is a course on the same day. And there, on the course, she meets Jesus for the second time. That is to say: She visualizes him under supervision. This time he has light brown hair and bright blue eyes. He extends his hands towards her.

When the course ends, a week later, she meets Jesus once again. But this time she sees him as an Indian, a shaman, it's just the eyes that are similar. When their hands meet, she experiences an electric force.

- A lightning strike is the best word I can find. It goes through the body, down the legs, upwards again, and stays in the hands. When I come to my senses my hands feel like they are on fire. It is as if I understand everything. I understand why I came to this planet. I am going to use this power.

Until now, Bendriss had no experience with healing. Now she turns towards a participant who has a brain tumor, put her hands on her, and feel that power is transferred. Later she uses it on her husbands knee.

- It seemed as if, she says. She is made aware that she is "a shaman who travel to other realities and retrieves information for the benefit of their own tribe." She is a "doctor and teacher." But she must say yes. She has to agree to it.

- That is when it started. This was the final awakening.

- How did it go with the lady who had a tumor?

- She lived when I lost contact with her three years later. The tumor was benign anyway.

The dead

Now Lilli Bendriss is a healer and medium fulltime. In practice it means to be an advisor with "deeper insight". If someone asks, she can contact the spirit world. Or she can talk with the deceased, she explains.

She does the latter in the power of the spirits on TVNorge. Last Saturday she told the New York Times about the program. According to the article Bendriss and other medium in the program has twice the following of all churches in Norway combined.

- You are not afraid of being used by commercial forces?

- Of course I am, but it's part of the job. My piece is to disseminate information. Through the screen I can provide a spiritual understanding - that's my thing. The drama around it can live its own life.

Bendriss says that spirits of the dead gives her directions as she moves around the house.

- What do they sound like? A human voice?

- No, like thoughts. Not sounds.

Bendriss call it "spirit manifestations." Sometimes soul consciousness, other times she meets only "imprint" or "echo" of souls. Her job is to help the soul "over to the other side."

- What's on the other side?

- In my father's house are many mansions, and one is ready for you. Souls come to their place. I think they are greeted by an enormous love.

Bendriss do not believe in hell. She calls the thought that God sends some to eternal torment "so absurd that she can not comprehend that someone believes in it." Nevertheless, she believes that the souls will have to face the consequences of their actions in life.

- You are not just told what you have done, you must go into the body of the one you've done it to and relive it. That is how you can move on.

- A kind of purgatory?

- It may be. If you have killed someone, you need to experience what it is to be killed.

- Adolf Hitler ... it still remains much for him to experience?

- I would think he will never finish, but there is nobody on the other side who judges him or us. We judge ourselves by reliving it we cause.

- Christians believe that Christ bears our guilt. The cleansing is to put everything on him.

- I do not agree. It's like in the Catholic Church, where everything was fine if you paid with silver coins. I think we have gotten as humanity to a point where that we must take responsibility for our actions. You can apologize, but the consequences are not taken away from you.

- Is not it a bit merciless?

- It's about growing up. It is too easy to blame someone else and say that 'it and it happened to me, poor me. "

Priestly Support

Death and ghosts are strong theme. Lilli Bendriss get it to sound like everyday events. She remembers vividly an ordinary grandmother from Sunnmøre*. During initial phone conversation with Our Land there was friendly laughter in the background. Grandchildren often visit.

* Garland; I live here.

- Do you ever send a little concentrated energy into them from time to time?

- No, it would be manipulative. But when my grandchildren have a cold, I can use my skills.

She only wants to use his powers to something positive. Her mission is to help people.

- Some will think that you represent the dark side?

- I would reply that light and darkness are two sides of the same coin. I believe the church had to make a clear distinction between the right and the wrong side because so much pain and negative happened. In 2015 this model does not make sense. I can call upon God and Jesus, and have been helped by priests in my work.

- Priests in the Norwegian Church?

She laughs heartily.

- No, deceased priests. It has also happened during the recording of a program in the Spirits power.

- Have you seen the dark forces themselves?

- I've known them.

- Is there media that use them?

- Yes, there is something called voodoo.

- Could you use those powers if you had wanted?

- Yes. Therefore I have a tremendous responsibility.

- Are you always confident that you have control?

- So far it seems that I have. I know that there may be attacks, then I just have to concentrate 100 percent on the light and the divine power of love. Besides, I have physical helpers, for example I still go to a acupuncturist. He puts needles and helps me to be in balance.

Economic balance

We talked for two hours. Bendris is getting tired. But one question must be asked. In the entrance hall is namely a card reader being charged.

- Is there money in it?

- Ha ha ha!

- Is the question provocative?

- No, not at all. Something you should live by. I ran a big company, but quit it in order to do this. I did not do it because of money, but I had to earn a living. It is an old Norwegian opinion that you should not be rich. But if you do not charge you draw to you "suckers*" - people want things for free.

*People who drain you

She calls the exchange of energy: "I give something, you give something, then it becomes balance."

- I know that Snåsa husband disagrees. He may have a karma which he has taken money from people in a past life and balance it out now by helping. It is right for him, but he does not have the right to say that it is right for everyone. Anyway, I respect him enormously.

- But there are tricksters out there?

- Yes, there are many that are not what they claim to be.

Source

Comment:
This is a different gospel than the one you have been saved by. It is one where Jesus is not central. Where he is almost not present. It is the message people will come away with when they turn on her show, and I believe it is just what the spirits she is communicates with intend for.

I don't believe she ever had a genuine salvation moment. Salvation is not transferred by touch but; faith comes from hearing the message*, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. (Romans 10:17)

* Gospel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:54 am
I agree, she doesn't know and has never known the real Jesus—the biblical one. Otherwise, she wouldn't feel comfortable pursuing other spirits for guidance. It's adulterous / idolatrous behavior. Not to mention, the practices of those idols are useless, if not detrimental. If she continues on this path, then she's on the broad road that leads to destruction instead of being exclusive to the Living God on the narrow path that leads to life. This is the natural consequence of desiring to have contact with any spirit who will give her a thrilling experience and a spiritual revelation. Definitely the path I was on before I came to discover (and love) the truth: the Word of God, from Genesis to Revelation.

In case it is not too late for her, and she hasn't been handed over to a reprobate mind, I pray that our Heavenly Father lead her to the truth. May she come to know the Jesus who commands that we repent of sin, turn from our wicked ways, from all our idolatries, and accept his teachings, including what he taught about Hades and Gehenna. He's our Lord and Savior, the way, the truth and the life, not a liar. May her faith in Jesus be firmly built upon the true foundation that yields the fruit of repentance. May she find the path that offers true rest for her soul, and may the stubbornness and hostility in her flesh towards God's Word be done away with.

Getting punctured by needles is not what will lead to her peace and well-being, but a clean conscience and a clean walk, avoiding unclean spirits, will guard that peace and well-being. May she receive the Holy Spirit and be freed of both the unclean spirits and unsound teachings in her life. Amen.

• Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

• Jeremiah 6:16 (NIV)

16 This is what the Lord says:

“Stand at the crossroads and look;
        ask for the ancient paths,
        ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
        and you will find rest for your souls.
        But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’

• 1 John 5:3 (NIV)

3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

• Exodus 20:3 (NIV)

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

Footnotes:

a. Exodus 20:3 Or besides

• Psalm 119:165 (NIV)

165 Great peace have those who love your law,
        and nothing can make them stumble.

• Leviticus 19:31 (NIV)

31 “‘Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God.

• Leviticus 20:6 (NIV)

6 “‘I will set my face against anyone who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute themselves by following them, and I will cut them off from their people.

• Hosea 5:4 (NIV)

4 “Their deeds do not permit them
        to return to their God.
        A spirit of prostitution is in their heart;
        they do not acknowledge the Lord.

• Romans 8:7-9 (NIV)

7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

• Romans 8:13 (NIV)

13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

• Acts 2:38 (NIV)

38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

• Luke 11:13 (NIV)

13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

• Ezekiel 36:25-27 (NIV)

25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

She won't be able to do this without the Holy Spirit's help, but she must turn away from her sins—her transgressions of God's Law (including her infidelity / fooling around with other spirits) in order to receive him in the first place :l

P.S.

Those people calling her a Jezebel are accurate in their assessment. She is spiritually whoring around just like the actual Queen Jezebel, leading people to their spiritual death, and not submitting to God's commands in her arrogance.

• 2 Kings 9:22 (NIV)

22 When Joram saw Jehu he asked, “Have you come in peace, Jehu?”

“How can there be peace,” Jehu replied, “as long as all the idolatry and witchcraft of your mother Jezebel abound?”

• Revelation 2:20-22 (NIV)

20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22 So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways.

• Nehemiah 9:29 (NIV)

29 “You warned them in order to turn them back to your law, but they became arrogant and disobeyed your commands. They sinned against your ordinances, of which you said, ‘The person who obeys them will live by them.’ Stubbornly they turned their backs on you, became stiff-necked and refused to listen.

cristobela
Vice Captain

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces