Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Open Class] Spice up your life (Sorrel)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miidnight Melody

Feisty Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW: 10/22/15

NAME OF CLASS: SPICE UP YOUR LIFE
PROFESSOR ToT-er NAME: Static

General Information: Static can't get enough of this season. Never enough. Everything is pumpkin spice flavoured or scented, and it's the absolute best thing to ever exist, ever. Lattes, candles, booze, just…everything! So she wants to know: what else can be pumpkin spice'd up?

The Course: Create something that manages to passably use one staple ingredient: Pumpkin Spice*.
* - please note, no respawn or offspring pumpkins will be used or harmed in the making of deliciously spiced foods

Mechanics - Solo:
PART ONE: The base
Now, everything starts with a base. This does as well! When you choose this class, it's assumed that Static hands you something from one of the categories below. The categories themselves are incredibly vague, so you have to decide what it is exactly that she handed you to pumpkin spice up!
  • Roll a 1d20:
    • 1: A drink. (Off-limits: Lattes, Alcohol)
    • 2: A liquid of some sort (Off limits: anything that is already listed as off-limits)
    • 3: A vegetable.
    • 4: A fruit.
    • 5: A raw meat.
    • 6: A cooked meat.
    • 7: Something that was probably once food, at one point, maybe.
    • 8: An inanimate object. (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 9: A hair product. (Off-limits: Shampoo/Conditioner)
    • 10: A mouth product.
    • 11: A skin product. (Off-limits: Soaps, Perfumes)
    • 12: Make-up.
    • 13: Nail product. (Finger, toe, or spike-growth kind of nail)
    • 14: Clothing of some sort.
    • 15: A toy.
    • 16: Something you could find in a crafter's desk (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 17: Home decor. (Off-limits: Candles)
    • 18: Office Stationery
    • 19: Dessert (Off-limits: Pie, Cheesecake)
    • 20: A book.
  • Once you have your vague category, choose something more specific that fits in it, that it not already off limits! (Example: I roll a 14. My category is clothing. I think about it for a while, and decide that my character was handed a left sock. My character now has to try and pumpkin spice a left sock. I RP out my character being confused as to why they have to pumpkin spice a sock.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part two!

PART TWO: The Spice-ening
Alright, well. You have your base, for better or for worse. You then get handed a rather monstrous container of this fabled pumpkin spice. Time to add it in! …Somehow…
  • Roll a 1d4
    • 1: Oh, what the heck, you dump the whole darn container into/onto/around/etc onto your base. (-5)
    • 2: You put only a little bit of spice in/on/around/etc it. (no value)
    • 3: You put a moderate amount of the spice in/on/around/etc it. (+2)
    • 4: You try to be smart about it, and you strive to find a good balance between the thing, and the amount of spice it needs. (+5)
  • RP out your character trying to add pumpkin spice to whatever unfortunate thing they've been given. (Example: My character still has that sock. I roll a 1d4, and get a 1. I RP them being so fed up by this sock that they just fill it with pumpkin spice until it overflows, then I try to seal the sock to make a really weird air freshener.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part three!

PART THREE: The Judge
Right. So. You got your thing. You spice'd it up. Now you take it to Static, to see how she likes it!
  • Roll a 1d20. Add or subtract the bracketed value you received in part two to your total roll, and match your results below:
    • 1-5: Static seems to have gotten bored and left the building entirely. You didn't even see her leave. (Fail!)
    • 6-10: She really does not like what you created. At all. (Fail!)
    • 11-15: Well, she's not unhappy with it, but decides that you can keep it. (Grudging pass)
    • 16-20: She LOVES IT. So much so that she takes it and leaves with it. It's hers now, sorry! (Pass!)
  • Example: In Part 2, I rolled a 1. Meaning I have a -5 modifier on this roll. I finally roll my 1d20, and I get a 15. 15-5=10. Turns out, Static did not like my invention! I have failed.
  • RP this out! Static doesn't talk much when she isn't on air as a radio DJ. She will mostly use body language and a few weird static-sounding noises to get across how she's feeling!
  • Once you have completed this part either pass/fail, please check the FAIL/FINISH quote box below!

Mechanics - Group:
You can do this in a group, but each character will have to do every roll on their own. Static will hand out as many items, and judge as many things, as there are people!

Bonus Mechanics:
--none--

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN…

Lose: If you fail to impress Static, you lose! You get +2 rp points if you managed to go over 600 words.
Successfully Complete: If you impress Static, you win! You get +2 rp points if you managed to go over 600 words, AND you get the fabulous super cool IC ability below:

Super cool IC ability that you get because of this: You can now passably pumpkin spice flavour/scent anything.

~*~CONGRATULATIONS~*~

RAFFLE TICKET! You get +1 Halloween Raffle Ticket! Go HERE to claim!

Miidnight Melody rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:48 pm
This was an interesting class, but it sounds like fun for Sorrel. He likes pumpkin spice a lot, and he wanted to take a class on what else can be made to smell or taste like the famous pumpkin spice mix.

He took his seat in the classroom and waits for class to start and for Static to hand him his assignment; the blank base to make it pumpkin spice. In his waiting, he does wonder just what creative thing he will have to do in order to pass. All he hopes that it's something he knows he can do, like baking and desserts.

And he was finally given his assignment.

"Huh . . . make up?" Sorrel blinks his bright golden eyes. Just what in the world he can do with that? He's not a ghoul or use make up at all. "Well . . . I guess that would make them smell nice?" It was just silly to make pumpkin spice make up for a ghoul that can attract others so much, but then there's the chance that they would bite her face . . . not a good thing in his mind.

But Sorrel has an idea though, maybe making it as a lip stick/gloss thing that taste like pumpkin spice. Something edible! At least it won't taste bad.

Miidnight Melody

Feisty Bunny

Miidnight Melody rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

Miidnight Melody

Feisty Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:35 pm
His idea of making a pumpkin spice lipstick or lip gloss sounded good to him. It's the most logical thing than anything else . . . he thinks. There's way too many make up stuff whenever he goes to the stores and walks by the make up aisle. There's just way too much . . . it's something that he will never understand about ghouls.

With the product at hand, Sorrel was handed the massive container of pumpkin spice to dip it in to be infused with. Just the smell of it was intense that it might make him sneeze. "Hnn . . . how much though?" The dormouse was studying the container and looks back to the make up he has in his hand --cant decide on how much to add it in or how little. If it's too much then it might burn the ghoul's lip off! Too little then it's just a plain item. "Well . . . just to be safe I guess." He opens up the lipstick and dips it in for only a second and pulls it back out. Just a little bit will be enough to make it potent, right?

Miidnight Melody rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:57 pm
His idea of making a pumpkin spice lipstick or lip gloss sounded good to him. It's the most logical thing than anything else . . . he thinks. There's way too many make up stuff whenever he goes to the stores and walks by the make up aisle. There's just way too much . . .

With the product at hand, Sorrel was handed the massive container of pumpkin spice. Just the smell of it was intense. "Hnn . . . how much though?" The dormouse was studying the container and looks back to the make up he has in his hand --cant decide on how much to add it in or how little. If it's too much then it might burn the ghoul's lip off! Too little then it's just a plain item. "Well . . . just to be safe I guess." He opens up the lipstick and dips it in for only a second. Just a little bit will be enough, right?

That was it. He made pumpkin spice lipstick. It was an interesting idea at least, and maybe be popular among the ghouls for the holiday. But the only person who gets to decide if that were the case is Static. Sorrel was nervous. To fail would be devastating, however, he had no idea about make up and tries not to bring him down. With the item at hand, he walks up to Static and present his spiced product. "Umm . . . here's my creation. Is it up to your standards?" It was so nerve wrecking for the poor dormouse. The only thing he could do is stand there while waiting for the grading to be done.

She was not happy, at all. It's clearly written all over her face as she examines the pumpkin spice lipstick. His little heart is beating against his chest so much, and he saw his grade.

Fail . . .

"Oh well . . ." Sorrel sighs, not liking the fact he failed a class on something he believed he would do well. It was a hard blow to his ego, but there's nothing he can do about it and just pack up his belongings to go about with his holiday. Maybe he will enjoy some actual pumpkin spice cake, like how it's suppose to be.

Quote:
Lose: If you fail to impress Static, you lose! You get +2 rp points if you managed to go over 600 words.

Miidnight Melody

Feisty Bunny

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces