Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime RPG's
Anime RPG Posting Guidelines and Rules - Please Read

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:59 am
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the "Anime RPG's" Sub Forum. I personally have a RPG Guild called the "Anime Role Playing Extraordinaire". Most of the Rules and Guidelines in this Sub Forum I created in that Guild. My personal Guild is inactive but I wanted to share my knowledge of Role Playing Games with everyone in this Guild. If you check out my personal Guild you will find a few RPG's that I created from scratch. One of those "Hero on a Quest" I posted a thread about in this Sub Forum.

I also posted in a thread another of the RPG's that I created. It's a Fan version RPG of the "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles - Collected Memories" series. This RPG is called "Tsubasa Chronicles". Both of this RPG and the "Hero on a Quest" RPG are ready to start in this Sub Forum. My short story, "Dimensional Quill" I moved to this Sub Forum. I going to start a "Tsubasa Chronicles" RPG thread and change my short story to RPG format. I will then add to the beginning of the short story that I wrote and continue on with the story. I mentioned this in a recent Guild Wide Announcement. This Sub Forum will be the place to follow the ongoing story at. Also doing the "Dimensional Quill" Tsubasa Chronicles RPG thread will give everyone a great example of a RPG experienced poster thread.

In this thread I'm going to post two sets of Rules and Guidelines for posting in a RPG in this Sub Forum. The first reply post in this thread will go into detail about how to do an Experienced RPG poster post. The second reply post in this thread will let everyone know how to do a newbie RPG poster post. I hope to get some of our Guild Members to post in a RPG. Depending on the skill level of the RPG poster I will use either the newbie rules or the experienced rules that are on this thread.

I want this Sub Forum to be a fun place to play RPG's at and to have fun interacting with your fellow Guild members. If you want me to start a RPG based on a particular Anime, Manga, or Video Game series please let me know either in the Questions and Comments thread on this Sub Forum or send me a message.

Ron (Smithers456)
Guild Vice Captain  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:46 am
Advanced, Seasoned, and Experienced Posting Rules and Guidelines

Here are some guidelines for a general post for "Seasoned" or experienced RPG posters. This posting method worked pretty good for other RPG's that I have been in. Using the Metric system in posts is just fine. I will allow both the Metric system and the "English" system (Inches, miles, etc) of measurements.

Typical Post:

1a. Character Name

1b. Guild Member currently using this character

1c. Character Creator -

2. Title of Post (Including Post number)

Example - Post #56 Going to Dinner

Please look at and read the posts that were done after yours before doing another one and make note of the time, date, and post number. I wish to avoid confusion over what the next post # will be.

I will keep track of how many posts are done per person. Also I will post a monthly report that will include monthly statistics, how many posts per member in each RPG, and note the following: Best General Post, Highest member number of posts, Best Character Post, and Funniest Post.

3. Date & Time of Post (Not real life date, but instead the current date & time of the post in the RPG. This Creates a reference for other members to relate to in their posts. Note: Depending on the RPG real life dates may be used.)

4. Location (Current Location in RPG World)

5. OCC (Out of Character comment about the post or something in real life that you need to tell everyone. Please keep the personal life OCC's to a minimum. Anything of a personal nature like taking a leave of action please send me a personal message instead.) OCC's are optional

Example: OCC - Please note that I'm also posting for James

6. Tag (Indicate which character(s) that you want to have a reply from, Depends if you want or need interaction with another character. If a lot of interaction is needed a joint post can be done. More about that later) Taging is optional

7. Main Body of Post (Actions, talking to other characters, etc)

A. Off: (In the beginning of the Body of the Post) you can indicate here any special notes that you want to reference. Similar to a OCC but limited to references about your post.

Example -
Off:

I will be posting for Character James Tramer (NPC Character).

Note: I will either create NPC Characters or allow other members to create NPC (Non Member Characters). Unless specifically mentioned by the creator of the NPC Character, anybody can post with one.

B. On: (Indicating the beginning of the main body of your Post)

Example:

On:

James and I were walking to the mall. ......

C. Snippet - Use within the main body of the post (Indicating that you are quoting part of someone elses post. A snippet can remind the members of a certain action of another members character. Especially useful if responding to a Tag. Also useful if their are a lot of posts in-between the one you are referencing to and your new post. Snippets can indicate that your character is thinking about something specific that happened with another character in a previous post.)

Note: I prefer this notation method of quotes in an RPG post over the Gaian quote system. Of course using the normal Gaian quote method in regular topics is just fine.
Example -

(Snippet)

Barney walks over to the fountain and jumps into it to cool off in the water.

(End Snippet)

8. Off: (Use to indicate the end of the main body of your post) Similar to 7A above.

If you have any questions feel free to post them in this Sub Forums question topic or send me a message.

Ron (Smithers456)
Guild Vice Captain  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Anime RPG's

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff