Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
North Korea nuclear test criticised

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:31 am
North Korea nuclear test criticised  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:38 am
North Korea, North Korea...I wonder what role in prophecy she plays. These nuclear weapons might be what God uses to cause the plague described in Zechariah 14.

•  Zechariah 14:12-13 (NIV)

12 This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. 13 On that day people will be stricken by the Lord with great panic. They will seize each other by the hand and attack one another.

Rotting away but not lying down dead, they're still standing (thus alive?). The real walking dead.

Iran—who hates Israel—has a nuclear program too.

Ah, I just googled and this article came up: US, Israel should ensure Iran not involved in N. Korean nuclear program' 

How interrelated this all turns out to be. 

---

And about North Korea in general: I'm not sure whether to consider them as bad as Egypt and Babylon—or worse. They worship the image of their leader as if he were God, and even to the extent that they must wear his image:

User Image

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_cult_of_personality#Monuments.2C_images_and_cost

cristobela
Vice Captain

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:07 am
cristobela
North Korea, North Korea...I wonder what role in prophecy she plays. These nuclear weapons might be what God uses to cause the plague described in Zechariah 14.

12 This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. 13 On that day people will be stricken by the Lord with great panic. They will seize each other by the hand and attack one another.

Rotting away but not lying down dead, they're still standing (thus alive?). The real walking dead.

Ah, I just googled and this article came up: US, Israel should ensure Iran not involved in N. Korean nuclear program' 

---

And about North Korea in general: I'm not sure whether to consider them as bad as Egypt and Babylon—or worse. They worship the image of their leader as if he were God, and even to the extent that they must wear his image:

User Image

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_cult_of_personality#Monuments.2C_images_and_cost

For some reason I want to say that Zechariah 14:12-13 is connected to 2 Thessalonians 2:8.

2 Thessalonians 2:8
And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.

I think what is happening here is that those who gathered to war on Jerusalem are supernaturally punished. It is a plague. They know God is punishing them for what they have done the "blame" can not be put on human agents. There is no way of circumventing that it is God who did it.

Isaiah 13:6-13
6 Wail, for the day of the Lord is near;
it will come like destruction from the Almighty.
7 Because of this, all hands will go limp,
every heart will melt with fear.
8 Terror will seize them,
pain and anguish will grip them;
they will writhe like a woman in labor.
They will look aghast at each other,
their faces aflame.

9 See, the day of the Lord is coming
—a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger—
to make the land desolate
and destroy the sinners within it.
10 The stars of heaven and their constellations
will not show their light.
The rising sun will be darkened
and the moon will not give its light.
11 I will punish the world for its evil,
the wicked for their sins.
I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty
and will humble the pride of the ruthless.
12 I will make people scarcer than pure gold,
more rare than the gold of Ophir.
13 Therefore I will make the heavens tremble;
and the earth will shake from its place
at the wrath of the Lord Almighty,
in the day of his burning anger.

These verses are part of a prophecy against Babylon,
but I think they are also a prophecy about The Day of The Lord.

Matthew seems to have been quoting it.

Matthew 24:29
"Immediately after the distress of those days "'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

Amos 5:20
Will not the day of the LORD be darkness, not light-- pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?

Amos 8:9
"In that day," declares the Sovereign LORD, "I will make the sun go down at noon and darken the earth in broad daylight.

Acts 2:20
The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

I suppose what I am trying to convey is that everything He does during the end is to make people repent, and to realize that that He is doing it because of what they have done. A nuclear bomb however horrifying it is doesn't in a very obvious way (it needs to be obvious) point to God's judgement.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:52 am
Garland-Green
cristobela

---

User Image

For some reason I want to say that Zechariah 14:12-13 is connected to 2 Thessalonians 2:8.

2 Thessalonians 2:8
And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.

I think what is happening here is that those who gathered to war on Jerusalem are supernaturally punished. It is a plague. They know God is punishing them for what they have done the "blame" can not be put on human agents. There is no way of circumventing that it is God who did it.

Isaiah 13:6-13
6 Wail, for the day of the Lord is near;
it will come like destruction from the Almighty.
7 Because of this, all hands will go limp,
every heart will melt with fear.
8 Terror will seize them,
pain and anguish will grip them;
they will writhe like a woman in labor.
They will look aghast at each other,
their faces aflame.

9 See, the day of the Lord is coming
—a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger—
to make the land desolate
and destroy the sinners within it.
10 The stars of heaven and their constellations
will not show their light.
The rising sun will be darkened
and the moon will not give its light.
11 I will punish the world for its evil,
the wicked for their sins.
I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty
and will humble the pride of the ruthless.
12 I will make people scarcer than pure gold,
more rare than the gold of Ophir.
13 Therefore I will make the heavens tremble;
and the earth will shake from its place
at the wrath of the Lord Almighty,
in the day of his burning anger.

These verses are part of a prophecy against Babylon,
but I think they are also a prophecy about The Day of The Lord.

Matthew seems to have been quoting it.

Matthew 24:29
"Immediately after the distress of those days "'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

Amos 5:20
Will not the day of the LORD be darkness, not light-- pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?

Amos 8:9
"In that day," declares the Sovereign LORD, "I will make the sun go down at noon and darken the earth in broad daylight.

Acts 2:20
The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

I suppose what I am trying to convey is that everything He does during the end is to make people repent, and to realize that that He is doing it because of what they have done. A nuclear bomb however horrifying it is doesn't in a very obvious way (it needs to be obvious) point to God's judgement.

Good point idea  

cristobela
Vice Captain

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas