Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
Have you Crossplayed Before

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:24 am
Do you Crossplay?

In addition to Cosplay this Guild is also about Crossplay. I was wondering who in this Guild has Crossplayed and what outfits did you wear.Tell us your story. To me Crossplay and Gender Bender is the same as Cosplay. People are expressing their Love for a character by dressing up as them.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:04 pm
The majority of my cosplays are crossplays. I have been crossplaying since 2012. It all started when I cosplayed as C.J. (whatever gender skater), which was a random cosplay made from stuff at home and is not an original character (OC) of mine either, for Otafest 2012. With the vest that I had worn, I could look like a female with it open and a male with it zipped up. I later invested in a few binders for proper flattening though.

I have crossplayed as:
gaia_star Akatsuki Itachi from Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
gaia_star Axel from Kingdom Hearts
gaia_star Gakupo from Vocaloid
gaia_star Lea from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
gaia_star Master Riku from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - in his Kingdom Hearts 2 attire as seen in KH3D biggrin DD though
gaia_star Organization XIII Riku from Kingdom Hearts
gaia_star Riku from Kingdom Hearts 2
gaia_star Sora from Kingdom Hearts series
gaia_star Zero from Vampire Knight
gaia_star Zexion from Kingdom Hearts

**Some possible future crossplays that I have been thinking about adding to my 'future cosplays' list are:
gaia_star Noctis from Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV
gaia_star Young Noctis from Platinum Demo - Final Fantasy XV

I have also cosplayed as gender-bent characters:
gaia_star Akatsuki Itachi from Naruto/Naruto Shippuden - not a Sexy Jutsu version though
gaia_star Gakuko (female Gakupo) from Vocaloid

**I have been slowly making some other gender-bent characters:
gaia_star Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VI: Advent Children
gaia_star Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2

**I do have other crossplays and gender-bent cosplays that I have on my 'future cosplays' list, but the ones mentioned are the ones that I'm thinking of doing first.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:06 am
KayaLing
The majority of my cosplays are crossplays. I have been crossplaying since 2012. It all started when I cosplayed as C.J. (whatever gender skater), which was a random cosplay made from stuff at home and is not an original character (OC) of mine either, for Otafest 2012. With the vest that I had worn, I could look like a female with it open and a male with it zipped up. I later invested in a few binders for proper flattening though.

I have crossplayed as:
gaia_star Akatsuki Itachi from Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
gaia_star Axel from Kingdom Hearts
gaia_star Gakupo from Vocaloid
gaia_star Lea from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
gaia_star Master Riku from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - in his Kingdom Hearts 2 attire as seen in KH3D biggrin DD though
gaia_star Organization XIII Riku from Kingdom Hearts
gaia_star Sora from Kingdom Hearts series
gaia_star Zero from Vampire Knight
gaia_star Zexion from Kingdom Hearts

**Some possible future crossplays that I have been thinking about adding to my 'future cosplays' list are:
gaia_star Noctis from Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV
gaia_star Young Noctis from Platinum Demo - Final Fantasy XV

I have also cosplayed as gender-bent characters:
gaia_star Akatsuki Itachi from Naruto/Naruto Shippuden - not a Sexy Jutsu version though
gaia_star Gakuko (female Gakupo) from Vocaloid

**I have been slowly making some other gender-bent characters:
gaia_star Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VI: Advent Children
gaia_star Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2

**I do have other crossplays and gender-bent cosplays that I have on my 'future cosplays' list, but the ones mentioned are the ones that I'm thinking of doing first.

KayaLing,

I was hoping that you would post in this thread. I've noticed that your Crossplays in the past and consider you to be an expert in making those type of outfits. Crossplay is one of the "Tags" in the Guild but it is not talked about much. So I appreciate you sharing your impressive list with us. I take it that you are a big Kingdom Hearts fan. I will have to start an official thread for it in the future. BTW I happen to like Zero from Vampire Knight. Keep up the good work and feel free to post your photos from time to time.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:13 pm
smithers456
KayaLing,

I was hoping that you would post in this thread. I've noticed that your Crossplays in the past and consider you to be an expert in making those type of outfits. Crossplay is one of the "Tags" in the Guild but it is not talked about much. So I appreciate you sharing your impressive list with us. I take it that you are a big Kingdom Hearts fan. I will have to start an official thread for it in the future. BTW I happen to like Zero from Vampire Knight. Keep up the good work and feel free to post your photos from time to time.

owo M-me?! An expert?! You really think so?! I haven't really consider myself to be an expert in crossplaying, especially since I know that there are others out there, who are better than me at crossplaying. (A lot of my cosplay inspirations are either crossplayers or Kingdom Hearts cosplayers. Some which I ask for tips about certain cosplay things.) But anyways, I'm glad that I could have the opportunity to share my cosplay experiences whenever I can.

And yes, you are correct! I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan. Ever since 2013, I have always cosplay as Riku at Otafest for at least one of the three days of it. I also own a lot of Kingdom Hearts merchandise, which as made me consider to make YouTube videos of my collection. I should probably get on making those videos sometime. XD;;

Same here. Zero is my favorite Vampire Knight character. It was fun cosplaying as him at Otafest Aurora 2015, even if I had a mishap getting his tattoo on. And I take you mean that you like my Zero cosplay then? If so, then thanks. X3

And thank you very much! I try my best! ^^

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:34 am
☯★

I haven't crossplayed or gender-bend but I would love to! Sometime, I want to gender-bend as Grey Fullbuster from Fairy Tail, and Death the Kid from Soul Eater! There are a bunch more but I think those are the two I am most excited for!

★☯

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:40 am
I crossplay a lot. I don't really consider myself as having a very feminine frame (I decend from Knights, and they have bulky shoulders), and there aren't many female character designs I'm overly comfortable cosplaying as.

All it takes is a little bit of contouring makeup and the right binder (I have a couple that are different colors, but my black one is surprisingly comfortable), and it's fairly easy to do. I was just at a convention this weekend as Sabo from One Piece, and it was a big success.

http://ayamari-no-goshi.deviantart.com/art/Tekko-2016-Sabo-cosplay-602989132?ga_submit_new=10%3A1460652462  

Son Goshi-kun

Distinct Hunter

Llarian

Valiant Leaf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:24 am
I have crossplayed quite a bit, list below [alphabetical by series]:
- Haji [Blood+]
- Light Yagami [Death Note]
- Mello [Death Note]
- Badou Nails [DOGS: Stray Dogs Howling in the Dark]
- Shizuo Heiwajima [Durarara!!]
- Simon Tam [Firefly]
- Dorian Red Gloria [From Eroica with Love]
- Hatori Sohma [Fruits Basket]
- Hokuto Umeda [Hana-Kimi]
- Superbi Squalo [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
- Tamaki Suoh [Ouran High School Host Club]
- Kanji Tatsumi [Persona 4]
- Leon Kennedy [Resident Evil 4]
- Tenpou Gensui [Saiyuki Gaiden]
- Sha Gojyo [Saiyuki Reload]

One of my friends lightly teased, asking if I would cosplay a female character. I responded that I had - young Integra Hellsing! She gave me a look that said, "that doesn't count". xd

-------- Cosplayers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games