Iranian-American pastor Saeed Abedini says he's reflected on his decision to leave his family in Boise, Idaho, and go to Iran for ministry, which resulted in him being imprisoned for three and a half years, and said that while it was a big sacrifice, it was one he felt called to do by God.

"Before starting every season of my life since I became a Christian, the Lord has asked me to make a radical decision in my heart and actions," Abedini wrote on Facebook on Sunday, and shared the Bible passage Luke 14:26-27, which reads:

"If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple."

Abedini said his first radical decision was starting his Christian ministry in Iran, where he planted underground churches and held training sessions for other pastors.

Read more; Saeed Abedini: God Called Me to Leave My Children, Serve Jesus and Face Persecution in Iran