Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Creaking Boards (Arrakis & Horace)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:35 pm
Horace hated house duty. It was boring and when it wasn't ******** boring, it was full of bitchy fear creatures who cried. But he'd been told if they whacked enough of them out of the house, maybe the fear creature would get the idea. Horace doubted it.

He patrolled the halls, trying to ignore the creaking boards under his feet. Idly, he began poking his head into the rooms he passed.

amasis
I hope this works!

Quote:
OOC NOTE: This RP is a part of the May Randopalooza and is worth double points!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:34 pm
The Semblance of Unity
Yep, that works! owo

Arrakis was going for a run, having completed the day's bookwork and needing something, anything to let him get out the spare energy he could feel nagging at him. He gave the creeple around him a genial wave as he passed, headed for less... crowded areas. It was hard to lose himself into the run if he was worried about running other citizens and students over, after all.

Or being run over.

Today was a good day, he mused to himself, pleased. The temperature was nice, his eyePod was fully charged and recently loaded with his favourite music, he'd finished all of his assignments, and he'd been doing well enough with studying that he was giving himself the day off from it. Maybe after the run, he'd go back to his dorm and do some mild flexibility exercises. Maybe Leonora, Ignatius, or Brenley would be up for hanging out. He was kind of itching to go on an adventure, and they would have a better idea than he of what they could (legally) get into.

A good, fast running song came on his eyePod, which he promptly reached for so he could crank the volume. In the same moment as he glanced down to grab his device out of his front sweater pocket, the scenery around him abruptly changed. There were walls where there hadn't been literally a second ago, and he skidded to a halt, all flailing arms as he tried very hard not to crash into something. His breathing rhythm had been thrown off, too, and he found himself panting a bit as he looked around.

...He was in a room he didn't recognise.

...Was this a normal thing he just hadn't encountered yet? He didn't remember anyone else mentioning a room blinking into existence.

He might have let a word slip that his mother would have been Very Disapproving of.  

Amasis

Everyday Blob

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:08 pm
Horace opened the door and paused. Someone seemed to be inside. Perfect. Slowly, he slipped inside, closing the door with a soft click. He knew it was't a hunter, even if it was human-looking, and Horace was feeling shitty enough to take out his anger on anything and everything.

"You're not supposed to be here, you know." His grin was positively unpleasant as he summoned Jannisari, her bone and tendon materializing on his arms. A soft purple glow lit up his face.

amasis

Amasis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:03 pm
The click caught his attention, even if the initial door opening hadn't. Arrakis turned, a Very Bad Feeling sliding up his spine, as his eyes searched the darkness for whomever--or whatever--it was that he was now keeping company.

"I, ah--" He lost a bit of colour from his skin when the first sight he got of the other in the room was the summon and that distinctly ominous purple glow. "Well, I didn't choose to come here." What was worse, the glow or the grin?

Arrakis was nervous, not stupid, and could read plain signs of aggression when confronted with them. He reached for that locus of energy in his gut, his own weapon materializing in his hand. It wasn't nearly as impressive--or, if he had to be honest, terrifying--as the summon he'd just seen, just a simple curved blade the length of his forearm, but it was something.

"If you'd just show me the way out, I'd get out of your hair." Did he really think whoever this was would be interested in letting him just walk away? No, not with that look on his face. But it was worth a shot.  

Amasis

Everyday Blob

Amasis rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:24 pm
Of course, Arrakis wasn't going to just stand there and hope the other would play nice. But, by the same token, he wasn't going to rush headlong into confrontation. If Purple was feeling generous, Arrakis wasn't inclined to do anything that might change his mind. With a slight shift in his grip on his sword, he brought it closer to himself. He was hoping it wasn't necessary, but... better to be safe than sorry, right? His skill with parrying was not the best, but he'd do what he could.

HP--30/30
Arrakis is _defending_ for _4_ points!
The Semblance of Unity

The Semblance of Unity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 9 Total: 17 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:29 pm
"You didn't choose and yet here you are. Well, I know of one way to get you out of her." And he rushed forward, trying to knock Arrakis' blade aside.

HP: 50/50
DMG: 11
CHG: 1/3

amasiis
s**t s**t I am sorry for taking so long!

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Amasis rolled 7 4-sided dice: 3, 1, 2, 4, 2, 1, 3 Total: 16 (7-28)

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:54 pm
Arrakis was horribly unsurprised in a very gut-plummeting way when attack was decided on as the course of action. He was glad he'd readied himself, though it only deflected some of the energy behind the strike and, thus, the damage that strike did. Something distinctly unkind hissed sharply and not at all quietly between his teeth as he felt the glowing purple metal tear into his skin, his clothing not at all a hindrance.

There was a moment, a flash, of debate within him as to what his next move would be, what it should be, what it would be wise for it to be. Try to attack with his sword by itself or try to channel energy into something that could potentially be stronger? Was he pushing it too fast? Risking an even more painful experience than this in retaliation?

He really didn't want to do use his ability unless he had to, but... perhaps, now, he had to. He was already breathing harder from the pain of that blow. Arrakis did not relish the idea of another one.

Reaching inside himself in a way similar to how he'd summoned his sword, Arrakis tried to summon the will to attack and the power to channel it into a flurry of quick blows. While he hoped he'd make himself out to be too much trouble to bother with, he knew his best shot would be to at least do what damage he could while he could do it. Arrakis' sword flashed back and forth as his feet took measured steps, flowing forward, back, to either side.

HP-- 30-11(atk)+4(def) = 23
Arrakis is using T1 Swift Strikes for 6 points!

The Semblance of Unity
np np!

The Semblance of Unity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 8 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:08 pm
"Oh, ouch. So you do have claws." Horace had not been able to fend them off - they'd come too quickly and too furiously to do so. The blows, however, didn't have too much power behind them. He struck out, backhanding Arrakis with one fist.

HP: 44/50
DMG: 6
CHG: 2/3

amasis

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Amasis rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-12)

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:00 pm
Perhaps it was a good thing that Arrakis wasn't the sassy type, as his mouth could have potentially gotten him into even more trouble in response. He was already in quite enough trouble, thank you, as the backhand made him stumble backwards a step and see stars while he was at it. His glasses flew off to clatter somewhere unknown, but he would have to worry about that later. There was no time to stop and scurry after them. His opponent was not likely to let him, either.

He had a spare pair in his bedside table anyway.

Still shaking his head from the ringing in his ears from that blow, he struck out with his sword. The swing was unsteady, Arrakis poorly balanced and stumbling again on the follow-through.

HP-- 30-11(atk)+4(def) = 23-6(atk) = 17
Arrakis is attacking normally for 2 points!

The Semblance of Unity

The Semblance of Unity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:53 pm
"It's a bit boring-" He swung out, fists covered in bone and purple runes. It splintered into the old wood next to Arrakis. "-if you don't say anything, buddy." He'd been aiming for the creature, but been too keyed up to hit properly. He breathed deeply. This wasn't quite doing it for him.

HP: 42/50
DMG: 0
CHG: 2/3

amasis

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Amasis rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-12)

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:51 pm
"I don't know what you expect me to say," Arrakis retorted, flinching at the sound of wood splintering. Was that snappish? That was a bit snappish. "I already asked to be left alone." His earlier resolve to try and keep himself out of further trouble was crumbling; it didn't look like there was going to be a way to accomplish that, so why bother? He took a quick step backwards, grip tightening again on the hilt of his sword. His vision was swimming a bit, and he still felt very distinctly unsteady on his feet.

On the one hand, he didn't think, logically, that he had a chance against whomever this was. But on the other... he wasn't down yet, right?

Right.

Okay.

He was going to have to fight through the vertigo, and so he steeled himself the best he could before taking a step back towards his opponent to strike again.

HP-- 30-11(atk)+4(def) = 23-6(atk) = 17-0 = 17
Arrakis is attacking normally for 5 points!

The Semblance of Unity
omg I thought I'd replied already I am so sorry

The Semblance of Unity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 2 Total: 9 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:06 pm
Horace hissed in pain. Now that had stung. Perfect. If only his opponent were a little stronger, a little more. It had been a while since he'd felt enough pain in a fight to keep him on his toes, and he knew he wouldn't find it here either. But he kept pushing, kept trying. It didn't matter, anyway - this guy would respawn like some hellish video game elsewhere and be fine. FEAR came back, again and again and again.

"Oh, I dunno, some witty banter." He peeled free a huge splinter of wood and swung out, clipping the reaper. "Or you could beg, or tell me what your favorite color is."

HP: 37/50
DMG: 3
CHG: 3/3

amasis
dude no worries!

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Amasis rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:49 pm
Arrakis certainly did not succeed when he tried not to turn the air blue, hissing more than a couple choice words in a voice that could hardly be described as "inside". It was a splinter of wood, but it was a huge one, and he was already pretty worn down. "I am not going to beg," he snapped, pulling back into a defensive stance again. His legs were trembling with the effort of staying firmly standing, something he hoped that the hunter couldn't see. A hope he knew was likely in vain.

It rankled him on several levels, how easily the other was taking bits and pieces out of him. Logically, he realised there was a clear power differential, that he didn't really stand much of a chance. Subjectively, however, he knew how weak he was and hated it. Helplessness was not something Arrakis took well to feeling. There was always a way out, there had to be--yet, when there wasn't, he didn't know how to process it.

"My favourite colour is dark orange. I like long walks on the beach and creeple who know how to have a good time."

Sarcasm was the processing method of the day. Good to know.

HP-- 30-11(atk)+4(def) = 23-6(atk) = 17-0 = 17-3(atk) = 14
Arrakis is defending for 4 points!

The Semblance of Unity
It would figure that my power would go out right after I make the roll /finishes post six hours later

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games