5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:51 pm
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness
Lol I'm not surprised! You're all about being thrifty haha
I agree with you, I do think it largely depends on where you live. Hot spots like malls, parks, zoos, schools, and beaches can be filled with pokemon and in general more populated areas. I don't have any pokemon in my house or backyard sadly, but I know friends who do. At my school there are a lot of pokemon. Unfortunately my GPS seems to malfunction a lot, and that affects when I see pokemon.

I have gotten quite a few pidgeys and pidgeottos! I am planning to evolve my pidgeotto when I can. I have also gotten one Majikarp (always liked Majikarp for its seemingly slippery, confounding ways), and horsea is pretty cool too. Also looking forward to getting more Eevees and eventually evolving.

(By the way folks, you can nickname your eevees a certain thing in order to get the eveelution that you want)

So yeah, it's slow getting these pokemon, but I'm still playing for now. And it's good exercise.

The town my mom lives in now actually has some drop points at the little museums out there, I was kinda surprised because even if it's the county seat it's hardly more than a village.
Here in Columbus though is absolutely FILLED with drops and pokemon and gyms and just EVERYTHING, especially where we do our shopping, our favorite store for groceries is a drop, actually.
Aw, no pokemon at your house? My place is filled with them, we find them in the bathtub the most, our closet being a close second.
(Of course, we live in an apartment, so that might have something to do with it.)
We caught a meowth today! It showed up in the parking lot as we were returning from shopping, my beau spazzed because he didn't have it and made me catch it for him (I won't let him play in the car, so I take over it if he wants to look for pokemon and have our trip count to eggs while we're out).
I haven't seen any eevees lately, but they show up around our apartment sometimes, so hopefully he'll get enough of them before too long.
He tried catching some stuff at the amusement park, but it was surprisingly empty whenever he checked, I thought for sure there'd be tons out.

Miami is filled with Pokemon. I caught many at my school the week before this one (went from Level 6 to Level 8 in a day, which was unheard of in my world), but I haven't been able to play this week because I was a counselor at a camp helping to treat children with Selective Mutism. Next week I'll be back to catching some Pokemon again, but yeah it really sucks how there are no pokemon at my house! And how funny that Meowth was my first or second pokemon. I also caught a Dratini (what a beauty), and a few other novel ones. And I am close to evolving my Eevee. I tried catching them on the expressway when my dad was driving, but the car was going so fast! They would disappear or absolutely refuse to stay in the pokeball. Maybe if we were going 20 mph, it would have been different.

Also, movie night tonight~Maybe I'll catch a couple pokemon  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:52 pm
Blind Blindness
Miami is filled with Pokemon. I caught many at my school the week before this one (went from Level 6 to Level 8 in a day, which was unheard of in my world), but I haven't been able to play this week because I was a counselor at a camp helping to treat children with Selective Mutism. Next week I'll be back to catching some Pokemon again, but yeah it really sucks how there are no pokemon at my house! And how funny that Meowth was my first or second pokemon. I also caught a Dratini (what a beauty), and a few other novel ones. And I am close to evolving my Eevee. I tried catching them on the expressway when my dad was driving, but the car was going so fast! They would disappear or absolutely refuse to stay in the pokeball. Maybe if we were going 20 mph, it would have been different.

We went out to one of the parks around the city with a couple friends, they SAID it was to hike, but was actually to catch pokemon.
I'm the only one of us four that doesn't play at all!
I was like "Man, if I'd known THIS is what you'd be doing, I'd have brought my 3DS so I could at least pretend to be in on the pokemon action." (My beau bought me Pokemon Y since I inherited his old 3DS when he upgraded to one of the XLs, so now we can trade back and forth and whatnot, I think we intend to buy a copy of both Sun and Moon when it comes out this winter.)
~15mph is the limit on being able to get stuff fast enough before it goes out of range, I can manage to hit up pokestops for my beau while he's driving if I bring them up before we get to them and spin as soon as it's in range; I like to call it drive by pokestopping, I managed to get him two potions and four pokeballs on our way back from the park today (which is good, he went through a lot of potions at the park today, him and our two friends took over a gym there, haha~).
My beau is like, level 12, level 13 now? I think he leveled up while we were out. There was a dratini at the park, I think they all want to go back some time to try to get it, it's the only place we've seen one (not enough waterways in our area since we're mid-Ohio!).
He caught some magikarp while we were out to "feed to the candy gods;" he apparently intends to catch the few hundred it will take to create a gyarados.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:07 pm
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness

We went out to one of the parks around the city with a couple friends, they SAID it was to hike, but was actually to catch pokemon.
I'm the only one of us four that doesn't play at all!
I was like "Man, if I'd known THIS is what you'd be doing, I'd have brought my 3DS so I could at least pretend to be in on the pokemon action." (My beau bought me Pokemon Y since I inherited his old 3DS when he upgraded to one of the XLs, so now we can trade back and forth and whatnot, I think we intend to buy a copy of both Sun and Moon when it comes out this winter.)
~15mph is the limit on being able to get stuff fast enough before it goes out of range, I can manage to hit up pokestops for my beau while he's driving if I bring them up before we get to them and spin as soon as it's in range; I like to call it drive by pokestopping, I managed to get him two potions and four pokeballs on our way back from the park today (which is good, he went through a lot of potions at the park today, him and our two friends took over a gym there, haha~).
My beau is like, level 12, level 13 now? I think he leveled up while we were out. There was a dratini at the park, I think they all want to go back some time to try to get it, it's the only place we've seen one (not enough waterways in our area since we're mid-Ohio!).
He caught some magikarp while we were out to "feed to the candy gods;" he apparently intends to catch the few hundred it will take to create a gyarados.

Nice! Level 12 is a good level. I'm still on Level 9. Very slow progress on my part. But I make just a wee bit of progress every day. My bag is full apparently because I've caught so many pokeball, but what's funny is that it's because I don't catch enough pokemon, so I always have so many pokeballs left xD
And I hate when people are getting in on the pokemon action when you aren't, so I definitely understand where you're coming from on that.

Yeah, you need a lot of magikarp to evolve. I'm focusing on the other pokemon for now because I know that's a feat I most likely won't make xD..but if I go near the water, I'll be especally on the lookout.

Okay, 15mph *nod* I'll keep that in mind!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:15 pm
I'm level 24 and my highest cp pokemon is around 2100, its a dragonite that caught in my kitchen razz  

ymyname

Healing Warlock

9,950 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:42 pm
ymyname
I'm level 24 and my highest cp pokemon is around 2100, its a dragonite that caught in my kitchen razz

Wow, that's an accomplished level! You beat me at sorry level 9. One of my friends is Level 20.
That CP is awesome; I have a Dratini.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:36 am
Blind Blindness
ymyname

Wow, that's an accomplished level! You beat me at sorry level 9. One of my friends is Level 20.

you just have to catch 26 more dratini and you can have a dragonite too razz lol  

ymyname

Healing Warlock

9,950 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:47 pm
ymyname
Blind Blindness
ymyname

you just have to catch 26 more dratini and you can have a dragonite too razz lol

Yup! Let's see how long that takes me haha  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:12 pm
Pokemon Sun and Moon comes out in November this fall, not winter! I checked the official announcement a while back. As for "Pokemon Go," well, I barely started and haven't caught much. ^_^*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:18 pm
Princess Zelda21
Pokemon Sun and Moon comes out in November this fall, not winter! I checked the official announcement a while back. As for "Pokemon Go," well, I barely started and haven't caught much. ^_^*

Mmm, the first projected date I heard was, like, December or something? I really wasn't expecting them to push it before the Christmas season, to be honest, so I'm kinda surprised it's coming so early.
November is practically winter for me, anyway, though. ^^;
Regardless, I definitely won't be buying until mid-winter at best, I just can't afford it right out the gate currently, plus I have other stuff on preorder that needs paid first.
(So bummed FFXV was pushed back! That puts less time between it and the new Persona now! D: )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:26 pm
Queen Spazzy
Princess Zelda21

Mmm, the first projected date I heard was, like, December or something? I really wasn't expecting them to push it before the Christmas season, to be honest, so I'm kinda surprised it's coming so early.
Regardless, I definitely won't be buying until mid-winter at best, I just can't afford it right out the gate currently, plus I have other stuff on preorder that needs paid first.
(So bummed FFXV was pushed back! That puts less time between it and the new Persona now! D: )

Yep, I thought it was going to be out during winter too. Guess I was wrong. I did pre-order "Pokemon Moon" at least, plus the new "Legend of Zelda" game which of course comes out next year in spring. I can't wait for the new adventure in Hyrule with its vast map and exploration. This will be interesting. Hope there's at least some voice acting involved besides text boxes. Speaking of Final Fantasy, maybe it's time I tried finishing part 10 and its sequel once I dust off my Playstation 2. Hmm...  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:54 pm
Princess Zelda21
Queen Spazzy
Princess Zelda21

Yep, I thought it was going to be out during winter too. Guess I was wrong. I did pre-order "Pokemon Moon" at least, plus the new "Legend of Zelda" game which of course comes out next year in spring. I can't wait for the new adventure in Hyrule with its vast map and exploration. This will be interesting. Hope there's at least some voice acting involved besides text boxes. Speaking of Final Fantasy, maybe it's time I tried finishing part 10 and its sequel once I dust off my Playstation 2. Hmm...

At least I wasn't the only one thinking along the same timeline, haha~
Since my beau bought one of the fancy schmancy new 3DSes and I inherited his old one, we have to buy a copy for each of us; he wants Sun, I think, which means I get Moon, but since they haven't announced any preorder exclusives, I'd rather just wait on it.
Ack, I forgot that one would be coming, and at about the same time as P5, ugh, why can't they spread these releases out a bit more for me?
Because I wager my beau will wanna preorder, they usually include something like an amiibo bonus or soundtrack for preordering.
I think I'm still only halfway through FFX myself? >>;
I got distracted by other PS2 games halfway through and never got back around to it, whoops.
The only ones I've finished are XIII and XIII-2 (two of my personal faves, despite all the flak I get for it), actually.
I should really work on finishing IX, though, the characters are so amazing in that one...

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff