Submit

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:05 am
Auctions were not a thing of the past in Kuroi'Nera. It had always been, and would always continue. Lions would be top sellers where the leopards were sold just above. Hybrids, were bred specific at times when two strengths were needed. This didn't go without saying that other prides would pay such a high price for them, but slaves in the 'Nera were treated with humanity with the new reign of the Boss Lady, Emi. Things at the 'Nera were like that, and it was all he ever knew to be reality.

Zaahir knew of auctions, but was unable to participate in them because of his mother, Rada; a cheetah whom was stolen from her mother... Zaahir instead took studies to become an ambassador; a high rank like his mother wanted.

"Anything to make sure you are on top, Zaahir, I don't want you ever to have to struggle... "

Her words haunted him in to his studies and borrowed in to his heart, freezing it instantly. He wouldn't have distractions.

"I will make you proud mother."

He said, as he looked back to the pride he called home, then walked to his first outer pride stay.

Miles they walked, Zaahir, his guard, one merchant, one loan shark; his brother in law Makai and the last, a character whom was cloaked that idly followed.

Once upon the outskirts of the new pride, he rose his head, brimming with confidence as he greeted them. They, in turn, received them all with open arms.

"Just in time! We were just about to start the games!" The lion patted Zaahir handsomely as he walked them to the high seats to overlook the games. To Zaahir's surprise, he had the chance to overlooked at one of the biggest coliseum's with it one of the biggest fighting games ever. His pride too, had tournaments, but this one seemed... Bigger. This one seem...

Several were released in to the big clearing as hundreds of eyes watched down on those fighting. Screams from either way raged on. Blood was spilled like that of a war... Bodies begin to pile after several minutes and only a few remained. Their eyes seemed empty, drenched in anger, something he had never full experienced before in his life. The king pulled Zaahir out of the games with laughter.

"Those are our toughest!" He laughed wholesomely...
But Zaahir was scarred. Looking at him, how could this king... laugh when half of the warriors in this pit were dead. Those are his people!

He learned information about these games from this pride, but to see it in person, shocked him.

"Ah! So you all brought us a present.. I wonder what it is! Show us!"

The merchant smirked as he revealed a beautiful lioness... whose eyes seemed enchanting, even for Zaahir.

'She was the one, whom followed us, with her head down all this way?' He wondered..which even surprised him.

"A lovely specimen. I didn't think the 'Nera had it in them to produce such beautiful lions... Come, let us feast before the next fight! Callers! Open the auctions!"

As gazelle by the tons were served to them. Torn apart and laid before them. Zaahir's culture shock hadn't subsided.. He ate though, without much of an appetite. The shock ridden upon him was something to be expected, it was what he trained for.

Maikai, the loan shark looked at his cut of the meat., Then looked over at Zaahir. A blank look at his face as he watched those below begin to line up the cloaked figures. Each one was unveiled and Maikai lifted a brow. There was a hefty line up of slaves and Zaahir seemed to not take it well. Not at all, which made Maikai laugh wholesomely.

The king joined him.

"Did you want a nab at a slave? They are ripe for the picking!"

Zaahir looked at his brother in law with fury for speaking out of line.

"A slave? For me? You shouldn't have mighty King, I am only hear to spectate, but I'm sure Zaahir would love a slave for his own. See- he has yet to embrace the nature of them."

"Is that so!? Oh Dear Ambassador! You MUST know, here I will send you one to your room later this evening. ANY of your picking!"

Zaahir flushed completely. "No, I couldn't, but thank you!"

"I INSIST!"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:44 pm
They looked on in amusement as others called out for the servants.. But when one got no voters, they were brought to the front, and killed.

Savages.

Zaahir's eyes were glued to the pit now. One by one, they were getting killed. He was in shock, he wanted to walk away.. no. Run away.

After the auction they continued the fighting. The King and the on goers of this pride cheer.. He sunk in to his seat, unable to eat the rest of his meal. Just be traumatized.

Maikai watched with a snerk, maybe Zaahir's family really were to pampered...

Months later...  

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:16 pm
Zaahir stayed far from the auctions, in fact, stayed away from the coliseum altogether. He instead, spoke to the king about trade routes, and the exchange of goods. All he could think about was how cheerful this King was, and he fought hard not to want to end ties with them, but it was the pride over his own beliefs. His skin thickened a little as his guard reminded him why they were there, and how their beliefs are not their own, and they didn't need to follow them once they leave. But within these walls, they had to abide by their rules.

He could almost remember the night that they brought a slave in to his room. She was slender, and when they unveiled her in front of him, she was gorgeous. Quiet, and obedient. But he couldn't bring himself to force her in to anything.. Just to speak to her, and have her feel what it was like to sleep on soft fur as he laid upon the dirt. He would not use her, she wasn't an entertainer of their pride, but a mind of her own... her fear was unnecessary with him and that, he assured her. Once he woke, after falling asleep to a story she spun, she was gone.

He expected that, and since then, he looked around for her in the pride with no sign of her. Maybe she was someone's slave that the king borrowed for the night.

It was the last day of their stay and he successful in his assignment. One trade route, and royalties agreement. He couldn't wait to leave, only to be bomb rushed by Maikai.

"Hey hey-! We're not leaving yet! Merchant was told that there will be a feast in our honor!"

"Ah, I see.. Very well then." He bowed his head.

The ate, and they laughed.
Til...

Another auction geared up not too far from them.
Although there was a bitter taste in his mouth, the merchant insisted that they stay to see if they should take any back for the 'nera. One by one, those that had no bids, were killed and some were lucky, taken in.

Zaahir grew some disinterest really early on before the merchant gave a hum to one. Zaahir's attention turned only to meet the eyes of the beautiful white cheetah that had been sent to entertain him the night he got here.

"No bids?"

The merchant shook his head.
"She looks used up."

Then Zaahir began to hear the whispers.
'I heard she is the one who stole from the queen! KILL HER!'
'She has slept her way in to chains, I'm glad she got what she deserved- KILL HER!'
'I can't believe she wasn't caught before!? KILL HER!'

"We see death in this one's future?" The lion took a step forward and as soon as he lifted her from her neck, he spoke up-

"I'LL TAKE HER!"

The King looked at Zaahir, and gave a disapproving stare..
The merchant lifted his paw.

"We don't want thieves in our pride that would disrespect their own king."
"She isn't like that."
"How would you know?"

"Are you coming to get her!?" The other merchant of their pride called out to him.

His merchant looked him in the eye.
Makai watched on with surprise.

"I didn't think you had it in ya. Or maybe your soft because she was the one in your room." He laughed.

The merchant looked at Maikai and then to Zaahir.

"Is that true-"
But Zaahir already walked passed him and slipped through to the other creatures and on to the stage.

"Release her."

The white cheetah fell to the floor.  
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces