Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:31 pm
Gear Bush
I only know one person who played the original version and they were so obsessed that they are still trying to remake ad remaster it as a hobby using a combo of freeware, an old copy of the game and a private server running the original xD

Oh wow, that is some high level obsession right there.
That almost makes me look like a person with a semblance of a social life. Almost.
(Although, from a technical aspect, it certainly sounds interesting. >>; )
While I'd be interested in seeing what the original was like, or maybe finding out some of its story, I'm not really desperate to know after the bad things I've heard about the first release, haha~

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:14 am
Queen Spazzy
Gear Bush
I only know one person who played the original version and they were so obsessed that they are still trying to remake ad remaster it as a hobby using a combo of freeware, an old copy of the game and a private server running the original xD

Oh wow, that is some high level obsession right there.
That almost makes me look like a person with a semblance of a social life. Almost.
(Although, from a technical aspect, it certainly sounds interesting. >>; )
While I'd be interested in seeing what the original was like, or maybe finding out some of its story, I'm not really desperate to know after the bad things I've heard about the first release, haha~
I feel like people were just expecting it to be the same as XI and it very much wasn't... I do remember some stuff about the weird battle systems and job systems they had and the all around " this is final fantasy we like to do somthing different every time" process they had, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion... I think because people are so obsessed or attached to one story and style from square or another they are very much afraid of being original more recently and seem to be going for massive fan pleasery lately, monnneeeeehhh.. could even have somthing to do with younger generations moving up in the company and being hired that basically grew up loving the games or even just noticing how obsessed people were with one story or another and how profitable and popular continuing or remastering and taking advantage of that could be .  

Gear Bush

Eternal Lunatic

Chimera_Gates

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:56 pm
I only have sword art online
....too busy to get new games or try them atleast stare stare
I am taking recommendations though  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:54 am
Chimera_Gates
I only have sword art online
....too busy to get new games or try them atleast stare stare
I am taking recommendations though

I don't know how the SAO game plays, but if you're into RPGs, you might give the latest Star Ocean a try!
... I swear I only take half the opportunities to try to plug that series, really.
I'm trying to think of RPGs that I own that aren't Square, but I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm a total fangirl because I think other than that all I have is Diablo 3 and Lego games. >>;
Diablo 3 is pretty fun, too, though, and might be worth a shot.
I don't know if either of those has demos, though; a couple upcoming Square titles do if you're a 'try before you buy' sort, though; World of Final Fantasy just had its dungeon demo release (I NEED this game in my life, it's super cute, like pokemon and Final Fantasy had a baby, I really wanna preorder it, but I don't think I have the money) and Final Fantasy XV has had a demo up for a while (if I remember my beau playing it right, it takes you through the intro of the game or something and shows all the main gameplay mechanics; I have an extended version I need to get around to playing, but that only comes with the Final Fantasy Type-0 HD remake, I believe).
I definitely recommend browsing demos, though, they seem to be coming out a lot more regularly for new releases, which makes it a great way to find out if you like something without investing much time in it!
(This ran longer than I intended, sorry, I'm an obsessive little gamer nerd, I can go on for ages about games. ;w; )

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash