Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Important For Voters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:08 pm
My Bible study teacher posted something interesting on his blog. Please read if you plan to vote. TheOYL  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:27 am
Quote:
First, understand that the angel told Daniel a beast is a world government. That definition has never changed, so there is no reason to believe the beast in Revelation is a person. Sound Biblical interpretation says the beast in Revelation is a government.

Based on Revelation 13:5 and Daniel 7:25, the Antichrist is also referred to as the beast. 'Beast' is not a term used solely for end-time government.

Revelation 13:5
And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months.

Daniel 7:25
He shall speak words against the Most High,
and shall wear out the saints of the Most High,
and shall think to change the times and the law;
and they shall be given into his hand
for a time, times, and half a time.

The person talked about is said to be one king out of ten.

Daniel 7:24
The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings.

Revelation also describes another beast. While the first one came out of the sea, the second comes out of the earth.

Revelation 13:11
Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Lady Vizsla

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:42 am
Seeing that neither candidate seems to uphold the morals a Christian should, it seems like a different decision for American voters who are Christian. I am grateful I am not an American citizen during election time, because I think if I were, I would not vote. There's no 'lesser of two evils' here in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:16 pm
Garland-Green
Quote:
First, understand that the angel told Daniel a beast is a world government. That definition has never changed, so there is no reason to believe the beast in Revelation is a person. Sound Biblical interpretation says the beast in Revelation is a government.

Based on Revelation 13:5 and Daniel 7:25, the Antichrist is also referred to as the beast. 'Beast' is not a term used solely for end-time government.

Revelation 13:5
And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months.

Daniel 7:25
He shall speak words against the Most High,
and shall wear out the saints of the Most High,
and shall think to change the times and the law;
and they shall be given into his hand
for a time, times, and half a time.

The person talked about is said to be one king out of ten.

Daniel 7:24
The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings.

Revelation also describes another beast. While the first one came out of the sea, the second comes out of the earth.

Revelation 13:11
Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon.

That's an interesting point you brought up. Feel free to post a comment about this on the blog.

Lady Kariel

Thankfully there's an option to add someone else's name on the ballot.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces