Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:06 pm
She was finding it harder and harder to work around the herbs like she used to. There was just something about their smells that was just overpowering to her. Not to mention food wasn't something she was overly interested in but she did her best to keep up with her daily tasks. Today she had finally gotten to the point where she had to make herself a mask to wear with a bit of lavender rubbed into it to help keep the smells from overpowering her senses.

Grumbling she used her memory of what the herbs looked like to put some things together and start crushing some poultices. What was wrong with her? Was she coming down with something? She was feeling nauseous sometimes, but not all the time and her head was just killing her with the way all these smells were overtaking her. Maybe it was just exhaustion from too much work? She really didn't know but figured mother might. She could ask her when she came around.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:07 pm
There was another night she had stayed in the healing pride, only to come home feeling unnaturally exhilarated. Being amongst others that knew healing techniques or learning of new herbs made Lulu nearly want to squeak! Yet the ever so quiet cheetah followed her way behind the Ambassador and began her climb home with nearly a skip to her step. Her ears caught wind, and the sound of someone in the medical den made her switch tunnels and arrive at the mouth of the medi-den.

A sniff here. Then her eyes squinting from the sun only to see her lovely daughter's silhouette. Her chest filled with pride, she didn't know the gods could bless her anymore than with her children.

"Mari.." Her voice was ever so quiet.
"Early bird." A soft smile crossed her face. Something only her family was able to bring out of her.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:08 pm
Her head and ears turned to face her mother as she entered and she gave her an inviting smile behind her mask. "I couldn't sleep. Plus there was stuff to do." She said with a nod of her head. She had felt tired and had ended up leaving earlier than the rest of them and came back home from the healing pride they had gone to visit. "How was everything after I left?"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:09 pm
"I see." Her voice was low still as she went deeper in to the den and begun to check out her daughter's mixed goods. Her nose wrinkled a little, then leaned in to her daughter and took another sniff. Her tail flicked with thought. "I would like us to go back to visit soon. Your brother was most, ......" Giving a sigh and putting a paw to her face. Rubbing her temples. "Sometimes I wonder about his future, are you ...feeling ok." She knew she didn't, just by the smell of her, something wasn't quite right. She just needed some more indicators. "I feel something is off with my first born."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:57 am
She couldn't help but chuckle as she mentioned their brother. "Isn't that the truth." She said turning back to her tasks. Eyes glanced sideways as her mother asked if she was feeling alright. At least her mother had that intuition that everyone spoke about with their parents. "I'm just tired and everything is giving me a headache is all." She said turning back to her duties.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:58 am
"Tired?... " She questioned, although she seemed more sick looking than tired looking. "I see, Some herbalists will be training today. This will give them something to do." Nudging her daughter a little and pressing her forehead against the others cheeks and rubbed it along to her forehead. One, because of affection, and two to check temperature. "I can prepare a favorite from when you were just a cub." Assessing that she felt hotter than usual. Noting that defiantly if she got her to rest, she would bring chilled fish to lower her temperature. "You are dismissed." Waving her paw towards the opening of the medical den.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:59 am
"Oh that will be good for them." She said as her mother touched her face. She made a small grimace behind the mask she wore. She wasn't the biggest fan of being coddled but she wasn't about to tell HER no.

She let out a huff of a sigh and stared at her mother. "Are you really making me leave right now?" The thoughts of a childhood dish sounded tempting for later but she wanted to work. She was feeling restless. "Is there ANYTHING that I can do that you won't stop me from doing right now?" She asked her  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:00 pm
"When you are better, til then, nothing." Shaking her head. "What is the second rule I ever taught you." Her tail slammed on the ground. "Pay attention to your body. You have a fever, tired, and are about to show me whatever you've eaten in the last three days. As a mother, I'm worried but as superior, I can not let you interact with patients or medicines til we find out what's wrong with you. We were just in another pride whom know of herbs. If you were poisoned, or even contracted a disease from the outside, you need to be quarantined til your cured. Now, I can't have my first born be seen as easily accessible to such diseases. May cause a panic." She looked down and rubbed her neck some. "I haven't spoken so much, in so long. Here, get some fresh air then, but then, off to rest. It won't take me but a few to find out what's wrong, and you can be on your Mary way. Don't make me have to tie you down. " With that, she went in to the deeper end of the den and pulled some fur out and laid it near the entrance. "I'll be right back to go get some water."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:01 pm
She scowled towards her mother. While she had a point it was still irritated her. "I doubt I caught something from outside the pride. If that was the case any of you might be sick as well, not just me." She said knowing that until the root of her 'illness' was found her mother would put her on house arrest for the most part. She was quite impressed with the amount of words her mother was using at the current moment. She rarely spoke so much it almost made her chuckle. "Shall I wait here for you?" She asked her as she began to pace a little in agitation. "I've just been tired and a little nauseous. Nothing more than that." She muttered as her mother left to bring back water.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:51 am
The doctor was more than her rank... as she heard with care, the symptoms of her daughter. When she walked back out of her den and began to go over and over again with the symptoms, she bumped in to Abila. Whom had been under a stress over her children as she took a vials of water with her.

Abila grabbed on to Lulu, Going on and on about something.

Then Lulu snapped. "I have to worry about my own kid!" Immediately, she was shocked at herself, and she pulled her head back. Abila was even more surprised and lowered her head.

"Lulu... Erebus... is.."
"I am sorry... When I have Mariko in bed, I will come over to check on Erebus.." Bowing to Abila and walked passed her. She went again, going over the symptoms and having seen how she was in the pride.. the only two diagnosis were....

Poisoning or Pregnancy. She would test each of them, her tail softly rubbing against the water vials.. If she couldn't hold down water.. It was poisoning.. if she could.. it had to be pregnancy. But... Mariko pregnant? No way but.. she was a doctor... she had to test them either way.

When she climbed back up in to the crater stairways and finally it was her den and she peered in. Worry was across her face.. and her heart was aching.. She didn't want to lose Mariko if it was poisoning. Going over ingredients in her head how she would find a cure for a poison for the things she saw in the healing pride...

Putting the bowl in front of Mariko. Trying to contain the worry from pouring out of her...

AstoriaFallen

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:56 am
Chi Sohma

She huffed as her mother exited the den. She was an adult and could take care of herself, so she was under the weather a little bit, no big deal. If she WANTED her to relax then she would, since clearly there wasn't anything she could say to her mother to make her change her mind.

When she came back with water she glared at her. Really, that was it? She left to get her something to drink? Looking at her and then at it she drank it and and then gave her mother a look, "Can I go back to what I was doing now? Once I finish with that I'll go rest, I promise." That was the only compromise she'd give her mom at this point.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:38 am
Her eye brow raised when Mariko was being snarky after drinking some of the water. Quickly she got in to Mariko's personal space and forced her maw open. The water was gone, her mouth wasn't swollen or anything!?

As she pushed Mariko's stomach, far enough to still be on the safe side and felt the thickened and tough skin within. Confirmed.

Then she looked back in to Mariko's eyes and pulled off her skull mask, and let it hang on her chest.

"It's confirmed." Giving her a straight face. "You should get some more rest and not push yourself." not asking her WHO the father was, not getting up in her business. Nothing. She was a doctor before a mother. "I will go get some ingredients now for a soup. You can go back to what you are doing, the moment you push yourself too hard, I will keep you in the maturity den til you give birth. I would hope I do not lose my best doctor because of her own recklessness. Take your time with things, and you can be you." She didn't move for a moment to observe her daughter. Swelling with something of pride, and joy for her.. but at the same time..

Worried.

She knew what it was like for her before Djinni made it public, she only hoped her daughter would not suffer the same way she did.

AstoriaFallen

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:54 am
Chi Sohma

While she had some notions she might be pregnant it was confirmed when her mother gave her speech. She shook her head and just glared at her a moment, while she knew she just wanted what was best for her it was her body and her choices. "I'm not a child mother...." Was her only comment, "You don't have to watch me like a hawk you know." She knew she was going to be worried and that was okay with her, but she really was just a concerned mother for her daughter and she couldn't blame her mother for that.

"You could at least be happy for me." Was her comment towards the choice of words her mother had used.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:12 am
Lulu was looking passed the eyes of her daughter and in to every hardship she could have. She seemed so unmoved and unemotional that she forgot to pay her congratulations..

"Mariko... I am happy you are a mother.." Turning towards the deeper part of her den and remembered when Mariko was smaller and following her at the tips of her heels. Remembering all her cubs tackled each other and made the den so noisy. Now, hardly anyone was around but Mariko. Makai rarely, Sometimes Chihiro when she got back from missions...

"I am happy... but I am a doctor, and am worried, I know you push yourself and I worry over you. But I do not question you will be a great mother and I stand by you, whatever choice you choose. I will protect you, whatever may come." It wouldn't be the first time she had helped to give aid to those giving birth or having to kill off the cubs or even burying them if the member wanted.

She was for her daughter. Leaning forward and nudging her cheek against Mariko's......

"I stand by you." Turning about and going deeper in the den to find the ingredients to make the soup..

AstoriaFallen

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:49 pm
Chi Sohma

"You can worry mother, just don't smother me." She said with a smile and gave her a lean back in a type of hug. She was glad to hear that despite everything she had her mother behind her, that's all she wanted. Was her support in this, no judgement and she felt like she finally had that. "I'll be here." She watched her leave.  
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games