o-o; Runway....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Speedira Windira

Mind-boggling Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:18 pm
So what I'm seeing is that the high voted avi are popular users or something.....

I always get only 20 something or less votes when I try.o-0;  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:31 pm
You just have to keep trying! You can do it! biggrin Observe what people are looking for in the avis that are voted at the top. That's what I did, and I got 10th place one night. But I bet that in time you'll do really well, and get up there in the ranks!!

I've done the runway a lot myself, so I'll say what I've observed.

For color-scheme days, the people want only that color and nothing else at all. Body dyes are great to have, but they can be expensive...

For days like RPG Classes, they want all-out, all the details, and cool poses. You'll want to add a background as well. Clutter is ok for this, and people don't mind it at all.

Same goes for cosplay-based days minus the poses. For cosplay-based days, poses are cool, but if they take away from your character then don't add them. Backgrounds are an added bonus as well!

For Villains day, you can create your own villain, or do a cosplay. I've tried both, and they work equally as well. Try not to make it cluttered, though. People seem to hate cluttered avis on that day specifically.

For Angels vs Demons, the more clutter the better! For angels, all white and silver, but nothing else. Giant fluffy white wings are perfect, and sometimes even a batlike wing might work if it's white. Add literally all the detail you can, and just pile it on like no tomorrow. As for the demons, make them wearing dark colors like black and red, and add horns of some sort. Wings are cool, but they might take away from your avi, so you'll want to find a good balance for that. Definitely try using leg poses or arm poses because people love those for the demons.

For Egypt day, you can get away with a good number of gold shop bracelets and stuff for extra details, but don't go overboard. Definitely look at some Egyptian-style items in the marketplace to use. Background or no background, it's your choice! You're good either way! biggrin

I'm not too sure about Journey to the South day except that you should definitely use poses and backgrounds. A lot of cool background items can help too, but don't let it get cluttered.

I hope this helps! biggrin  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:41 pm
And don't forget, NEVER USE A PAWS BASE.
Seriously, if you're a paw, you're screwed.
They hate paws.
Feck if I know why.
But I never get jack when I enter because I'm a perma-paw.
It's always sodding humans winning unless it's an actual paws base contest.
I don't even think they give out the shiny chance items for votes anymore, anyway, so I gave up ages ago.
I just vote exactly once a day for the chirpette bundle, not that I do anything with it.
(I always have this vague and desperate hope that they'll have changed the last day's reward, but those hopes are always dashed upon the rocks of crushing despair when I get the same. damn. thing. as always.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:42 pm
Thank you for the advice,Paladin! x3
Congrats on getting into the top10s! :3  

Speedira Windira

Mind-boggling Bookworm

Speedira Windira

Mind-boggling Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:45 pm
Queen Spazzy
And don't forget, NEVER USE A PAWS BASE.
Seriously, if you're a paw, you're screwed.
They hate paws.
Feck if I know why.
But I never get jack when I enter because I'm a perma-paw.
It's always sodding humans winning unless it's an actual paws base contest.
I don't even think they give out the shiny chance items for votes anymore, anyway, so I gave up ages ago.
I just vote exactly once a day for the chirpette bundle, not that I do anything with it.
(I always have this vague and desperate hope that they'll have changed the last day's reward, but those hopes are always dashed upon the rocks of crushing despair when I get the same. damn. thing. as always.)

o.o; I heard that even in the PAWS only themes,humans win....
They should find a way to restrict those particular themes to the paw base so that human base can't take over.

I was just voting for paw bases in the wizard theme.Saw some really cute ones,so gave them the vote over the humans.:3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Rather surprised that one Malfoy avi hasn't got into the top yet.owo'

Also found Kiki and Howl.o.o  

Speedira Windira

Mind-boggling Bookworm

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:11 pm
Speedira Windira
They should find a way to restrict those particular themes to the paw base so that human base can't take over.

I was just voting for paw bases in the wizard theme.Saw some really cute ones,so gave them the vote over the humans.:3

I've seen it happen, it's super annoying, to be honest.
But the only way to restrict it, really, is to make use of the item requirements again (I haven't seen them put an item req in ages).
The last time they did that for a paws base only contest, though, they used a fur that could only be obtained with GC, and the market listings inflated so badly that day, it was an all around awful experience.
And, personally, I likely wouldn't enter if it were any fur other than a cat fur, I don't like the other bases as much.
If they could find a feasible way to create a required item pool instead of a single item, I think that would be the best, but I'm not certain about the complications of enacting such a thing in code...
(Albeit, in theory, if they required, say, 'an item tagged in the marketplace with pawstamp', I think it might be reasonably doable, but I can't say for certain, of course.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:01 am
Queen Spazzy
Speedira Windira

I've seen it happen, it's super annoying, to be honest.
But the only way to restrict it, really, is to make use of the item requirements again (I haven't seen them put an item req in ages).
The last time they did that for a paws base only contest, though, they used a fur that could only be obtained with GC, and the market listings inflated so badly that day, it was an all around awful experience.
And, personally, I likely wouldn't enter if it were any fur other than a cat fur, I don't like the other bases as much.
If they could find a feasible way to create a required item pool instead of a single item, I think that would be the best, but I'm not certain about the complications of enacting such a thing in code...
(Albeit, in theory, if they required, say, 'an item tagged in the marketplace with pawstamp', I think it might be reasonably doable, but I can't say for certain, of course.)

Well you also have to remember, people have found ways to rig the contests by voting on mule accounts and stuff. I don't do that myself, but some will despite the fact that it's forbidden, and risks getting you banned. So the reason why humans might win at paws contests is probably because of the idiotic voters for one, and second due to some sort of rigging.

But hell, I'll be damned if I even remember my mule account info (and email for that matter)! sweatdrop  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:34 pm
x-x; Starting to miss arenas a bit since you had more of a fair chance at them...

Anyway,that would be problematic if any item requirement is gaia cash centered.... o.o;  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:40 pm
Yuki_Windira
x-x; Starting to miss arenas a bit since you had more of a fair chance at them...

Anyway,that would be problematic if any item requirement is gaia cash centered.... o.o;

Arenas are still a thing!
I haven't used them in ages, but they're still a thing.
They weren't fair at all, though, because you send your friends a link to your entry and get them to rate you five stars just because you're friends, not because your entry is good, and it becomes a popularity contest of 'he with the greatest number of active friends wins.'
And yes, terribly problematic, we kicked up a really big fuss about it because they were doing exactly what we had worried they'd do with the requirements when they were first announced (that being use them to try to con us out of money).
After that they used mostly gold shop items and freebs, I think we all liked the gold shop ones, and while the freeb one was complicated (paws were excluded from it despite there being a paw version of the item, and if you sold off your freeb, you had to rely on the kindness of others unless you were keen on being gouged by inflation), it wasn't such a big deal.
Talking about it makes me want to see them again, it was fun to see what people could come up with with some of the cheapie items they had us use!

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:19 am
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira

Arenas are still a thing!
I haven't used them in ages, but they're still a thing.
They weren't fair at all, though, because you send your friends a link to your entry and get them to rate you five stars just because you're friends, not because your entry is good, and it becomes a popularity contest of 'he with the greatest number of active friends wins.'
And yes, terribly problematic, we kicked up a really big fuss about it because they were doing exactly what we had worried they'd do with the requirements when they were first announced (that being use them to try to con us out of money).
After that they used mostly gold shop items and freebs, I think we all liked the gold shop ones, and while the freeb one was complicated (paws were excluded from it despite there being a paw version of the item, and if you sold off your freeb, you had to rely on the kindness of others unless you were keen on being gouged by inflation), it wasn't such a big deal.
Talking about it makes me want to see them again, it was fun to see what people could come up with with some of the cheapie items they had us use!

GAH! That's right,how'd I forget!? Dx

It would be neat to see cheap avi again.:3  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces