Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
I'm done with the gaia announcements

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your opinion on the announcement spam?
  I'm not bothered by the spam
  I don't care about the spam
  I don't like the spam
  I absolutely hate the spam
  I'm ready to leave the site over the spam
View Results

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:30 pm
They raised it up to 40. This is ridiculous. It's like they're doing the exact opposite of what the people want, and yet they wonder why people keep leaving the site! They never listen to the people anymore!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:47 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
They raised it up to 40. This is ridiculous. It's like they're doing the exact opposite of what the people want, and yet they wonder why people keep leaving the site! They never listen to the people anymore!!

Um, Magnus honey, that was actually a legitimately confirmed glitch. Some people got it, others didn't, so it's supposed to be in the process of becoming corrected as far as I know. Hopefully the tech team is looking into it.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:58 pm
Princess Zelda21
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Um, Magnus honey, that was actually a legitimately confirmed glitch. Some people got it, others didn't, so it's supposed to be in the process of becoming corrected as far as I know. Hopefully the tech team is looking into it.

It was a glitch?? Someone in the forums told me they changed the cap to 40, though. I posted it in the GD to see if it was a glitch on my end, but someone said otherwise.

39 announcements  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:59 pm
Princess Zelda21
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

oops. stressed  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:41 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
Princess Zelda21
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

It was a glitch?? Someone in the forums told me they changed the cap to 40, though. I posted it in the GD to see if it was a glitch on my end, but someone said otherwise.

39 announcements

There's also a thread in Site feedback on this same topic. I hope this matter gets resolved soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:53 am
Like Zelda said,it's supposedly a glitch.
Though with Gaia these days,I wouldn't be surprised if they left it that way....

I miss the days when they weren't all ads....x-x;  

Speedira Windira

Mind-boggling Bookworm

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:19 pm
I'm going to say it's a glitch, and it's either not consistent or has been fixed, because I've not seen a thing over 10.
I thought perhaps you were talking about the literal repetition of announcements.
(Because if you feel like announcements repeat, fun fact, they do! It seems to me they lock and unlock threads to get notices to push again, if the errors I run into about not being able to access an announcement are anything to go by.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:57 am
Queen Spazzy
I'm going to say it's a glitch, and it's either not consistent or has been fixed, because I've not seen a thing over 10.
I thought perhaps you were talking about the literal repetition of announcements.
(Because if you feel like announcements repeat, fun fact, they do! It seems to me they lock and unlock threads to get notices to push again, if the errors I run into about not being able to access an announcement are anything to go by.)

I've actually never noticed that they repeat (I usually don't bother reading them, so I guess that's why). That's pretty interesting, but I'm not surprised Gaia does that. But it's kind of clever I guess in case people miss the announcement the first time.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

beaulolais

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:09 am
I never check them any more

it always seems like warmed over versions of the same old sales pitches  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:13 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
Queen Spazzy

I've actually never noticed that they repeat (I usually don't bother reading them, so I guess that's why). That's pretty interesting, but I'm not surprised Gaia does that. But it's kind of clever I guess in case people miss the announcement the first time.

I don't 'read' them in the true sense of the word, but I can't bring myself not to click them.
I'm always worried I'll miss a gold shop update or event info or something. >>;
Plus the bubble drives me daffy.
I wasn't really surprised by it, either, but I find it mildly irritating because I can't see any real need to send the same announcement fives times in a day...
But goodness knows a gold shop update would go out once and only once, good luck to those that miss it and don't check the shops very often.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Chimera_Gates

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:53 pm
I think I get like 10 a day ish....well from when I log out at night to the next day I log in...maybe 8 hrs between that alone
crying wish I could skip the announcements  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:00 pm
oh, hey. got the announcement bug too.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:28 pm
I get at least 10 announcements a day. They need to stop shilling their pixelshit and focus on making the site fun again. The only reason anyone comes here is because of nostalgia and the people they know.

Make Gaia Great Again  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:09 pm
Haven't bothered clearing announcements in months since the stupid ******** apparently feel the need to make one every 5 damn seconds. Definitely don't notice that way.  

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items