Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Art Forum [[ A place for all your pretty Pictures, Comics, and anything art related]]
Advice on these?? Some new species adopts I made

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one would you adopt if you did??
  All of them
  Spiderly Candle
  Cardinal
  Mummy
  Pumpkin
  Ew none of them
View Results

shadowattak1

Lucky Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:59 am
Allo there,

Soooo.....I've started working on drawing and I'm trying to get better but it seems I fall short on trying to get comments to help me get better. So I'm here to not only seek that help and criticism but also to maybe see about spreading word about an open species I am trying to get started.

Please any help is greatly welcomed. Not just limited to design critiques but also what you think would be a fair price for them or even if the description should be smaller or is missing things.

Also...if you so wish to buy one of my pretties ^.^ I'd be ever delighted if its something you so wish. Please either post your desire to buy one here or on dA using the links in the description. I'm looking for dA points, background art for official profiles, or Gaia coins.
I'm thinking about 300 dA points each (about $3) at least however I put in much more time than this

Thank you and I'll be here to reply as quickly as I can (I'm at work but my replies should be rather quick)

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:14 pm
shadowattak1
Allo there,

Soooo.....I've started working on drawing and I'm trying to get better but it seems I fall short on trying to get comments to help me get better. So I'm here to not only seek that help and criticism but also to maybe see about spreading word about an open species I am trying to get started.

Please any help is greatly welcomed. Not just limited to design critiques but also what you think would be a fair price for them or even if the description should be smaller or is missing things.

Also...if you so wish to buy one of my pretties ^.^ I'd be ever delighted if its something you so wish. Please either post your desire to buy one here or on dA using the links in the description. I'm looking for dA points, background art for official profiles, or Gaia coins.
I'm thinking about 300 dA points each (about $3) at least however I put in much more time than this

Thank you and I'll be here to reply as quickly as I can (I'm at work but my replies should be rather quick)

User Image

I like them, Cardinal looks the best.
That's about as good as I am with art though.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:49 am
Oh my, I think those are really cool~
The design itself is rather interesting, and you've got some great detailing going on, perhaps a little more shading work to go with it might go a long way in bumping them to the next level.
Unfortunately, what I tend to find on dA is that if you don't already have watchers willing to buy from you, you're not very likely to get much response short of advertising yourself half to death, and even then it can be a roll of the dice.
I wish you the best of luck, though, hopefully you'll figure out something that works to get them out and get people buying!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:37 pm
Queen Spazzy

Thank you, sorry for the wait in replying.
I agree that I need to do some shading though I really need to figure out how to do it.I mean I can see if its like a layer thing but I don't feel it is so much as something else?  

shadowattak1

Lucky Gekko

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:04 pm
shadowattak1

Hmm. I'm certainly no pro, but I tend to go about it with a single layer with the base colors then I add lowlights and highlights in separate layers on top of that.
It's possible that you might be able to play with some layer masks/filters and get some decent results that way, too.
In the end, it might just come down to personal preference (and perhaps software limitations), so probably the best way to find what you like is just to clone the layers (or the entire file, if you'd rather) and play around until you can find what works best for you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:08 pm
Queen Spazzy

Ty ^.^ I'm going to see about giving the shading a try with a friend's request for one and see how I can play around with it. I think that will help and add some depth to them. Once I have theirs done I'll come back to these and play with the shading on them.  

shadowattak1

Lucky Gekko

Art Forum [[ A place for all your pretty Pictures, Comics, and anything art related]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games