Submit

Hoarders buried alive
  Attic overcrowding edition
View Results

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:57 pm
You get done cleaning half of the attic out and your neighbor asks if you're moving out.....

That's how much s**t we took out so far.....

We're not even done either.....

No,we are not sure how the ceiling hasn't collapsed and I swear we aren't hoarders

Well,attic is hoard,but rest of house is straightened up.

Either way,I hate whoever decided to build the attic the way they did.
Coulda put a proper attic in a starter home,but nooooooo..
Darn 60s people.....8|  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:44 am
Yuki_Windira
You get done cleaning half of the attic out and your neighbor asks if you're moving out.....

No,we are not sure how the ceiling hasn't collapsed and I swear we aren't hoarders

Darn 60s people.....8|

Heh, I know the feel all too well. Our basement cellar is full of holiday junk in boxes upon boxes upon boxes. The house was built in the 60s as well, and when we looked in the attic when we first moved in, it had a random crib from the previous owner's child that he left for whatever reason, and we took it out and filled the attic with even more holiday stuff (we're big on Halloween and Christmas and Easter decorating). Also, it has such poor circulation that I can't even be around it when we open the door or I'll have an asthma attack... confused  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:49 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
Yuki_Windira

Darn 60s people.....8|

Heh, I know the feel all too well. Our basement cellar is full of holiday junk in boxes upon boxes upon boxes. The house was built in the 60s as well, and when we looked in the attic when we first moved in, it had a random crib from the previous owner's child that he left for whatever reason, and we took it out and filled the attic with even more holiday stuff (we're big on Halloween and Christmas and Easter decorating). Also, it has such poor circulation that I can't even be around it when we open the door or I'll have an asthma attack... confused

o.o; Wonder why they forgot the crib....

Oddly enough,our attic is filled with random Christmas and Halloween stuff too.
With few Easter things since we don't really decorate for it.xD

owo; Guess they didn't think about circulation or attic safety back in the 60s...
I hope somehow it'll be possible to get the air circulated enough in there so you won't have to worry about your asthma getting set off.:<  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:03 am
The sixties and seventies were a weird time, my apartment can vouch for that.
(We know it's from that time frame because they told us when we moved in that they'd updated everything. Except the kitchen. And you can tell. Because OH GOD WHY decor.)
And, awkwardly enough, our apartment has an attic.
It's mostly filled with empty boxes for when we inevitably move out and a few of my beau's goofy Christmas presents that we don't want our cats getting into.
(Nerf guns, remote controlled drone thing, I'm not sure what else...)
We have SO. MANY. SPIDERS. in the attic.
Like, they come down when the weather gets cooler because the insulation is poor, and now I have cobwebs all over my kitchen. cat_gonk
But I don't want to get rid of them because they make sure they're the only ones around, and that's pretty nice, really, so I just can't bring myself to do it.
I've started naming them.
Unfortunately, most of them are just named Tom since I can't tell them apart.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:40 pm
Queen Spazzy
(We know it's from that time frame because they told us when we moved in that they'd updated everything. Except the kitchen. And you can tell. Because OH GOD WHY decor.)
It's mostly filled with empty boxes for when we inevitably move out and a few of my beau's goofy Christmas presents that we don't want our cats getting into.
Like, they come down when the weather gets cooler because the insulation is poor, and now I have cobwebs all over my kitchen. cat_gonk
But I don't want to get rid of them because they make sure they're the only ones around, and that's pretty nice, really, so I just can't bring myself to do it.

At least the spiders are helping you keep the bugs away.:3
owo; Ewww,ugly kitchen of doom...
Wonder if it had pepto bismal pink bathroom fixtures before update.xD  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:55 pm
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy

Yep! The cobwebs are troublesome, but it's so worth it, I think. XD
Ughhhh, yes, super ugly.
Ahaha, I'd say it's a toss up between that and pea soup green, that was a pretty popular bathroom fixture color, too.
And I can only imagine they'd compliment it with something like a paisley printed shower curtain or something.
Just imagining it makes me shudder.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:13 pm
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy

Yep! The cobwebs are troublesome, but it's so worth it, I think. XD
Ughhhh, yes, super ugly.
Ahaha, I'd say it's a toss up between that and pea soup green, that was a pretty popular bathroom fixture color, too.
And I can only imagine they'd compliment it with something like a paisley printed shower curtain or something.
Just imagining it makes me shudder.

Ew,think the green is a tad worse.x-x;
Mum said her aunt(I think?) had near pink everything in her house,even toilet paper.o-o;

I never really understood that print,kept wondering what the heck it is suppose to look like. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:25 pm
Yuki_Windira
Mum said her aunt(I think?) had near pink everything in her house,even toilet paper.o-o;

I never really understood that print,kept wondering what the heck it is suppose to look like. confused

An entire pink bathroom, oh man, that... that had to be something.
If you're really lucky, you'll get both colors in your home, plus the really ugly mustard-y burnt yellow color.
Lived in a trailer with one bathroom done entirely in that awful green, the other bathroom with a weird dimpled clear plastic on the wall near the door in the yellow (plus ever tasteful fruit basket border inside the bathroom), and our outside trim in pepto-puke-pink.
Like wow, what were these people thinking.
At least it didn't have shag carpet, little victories.
Same! 'Paisley? What on earth is that supposed to be? Weird flower petals? A bunch of yin yang halves? Amoebas? ...Deformed sperm?'

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:14 pm
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira

An entire pink bathroom, oh man, that... that had to be something.
If you're really lucky, you'll get both colors in your home, plus the really ugly mustard-y burnt yellow color.
Lived in a trailer with one bathroom done entirely in that awful green, the other bathroom with a weird dimpled clear plastic on the wall near the door in the yellow (plus ever tasteful fruit basket border inside the bathroom), and our outside trim in pepto-puke-pink.
Like wow, what were these people thinking.
At least it didn't have shag carpet, little victories.
Same! 'Paisley? What on earth is that supposed to be? Weird flower petals? A bunch of yin yang halves? Amoebas? ...Deformed sperm?'

owo; Shag carpets must have been a nightmare to clean.

No clue.x.x  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff