Week 9
Luke Cage 8/10
Gotham 5/10
Supergirl 7/10
The Flash 6/10
Arrow 8/10
Legend of Tomorrow 6/10
Badass of the Week = Diamondback

What do guys think of Gotham, The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Agents of Shield? Any theories on what's coming next?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:25 pm
Week 7 reviews

Luke Cage

Episode was a big one for detective Scarfe. We got to know Scarfe a bit before he dies at the end apologizing to his partner Misty. Cottonmouth went down I believe for the death of Scarfe but I'm not sure. Mariah had some good scenes with sparring with a reporter she didn't know was against her.

Back to Scarfe, I hated this guy. I have a problem with corrupt cops and wanted to see him go down but then we got to learn a little more about the character. Via Misty Knight we learned Scarfe had a son who accidentally killed himself with Scarfe's gun. This instantly made him sympathetic and the line of "He cracks a lot of holes but never smiles" was touching. We also learned he took Misty under his wing when she first started and no one wanted to give her a chance. He was still an a*****e but by the end you felt for his death.

Misty Knight was also a standout this episode as she hunted down her partner. She got teamed up with Lieutenant Perez who was also working for Cottonmouth and was trying to put down Scarfe before he could confess. She was able to figure out he was dirty and out smarted him arresting him by the end of the episode. Maybe this is how they're able to arrest Cottonmouth at the end too. Perez went down like an idiot and I have no idea how he made it to lieutenant.

Now Mariah seems to be the perfect politician. The way she kept her composure when the reporter exposed her family and criminal secrets was impressive. You can tell Mariah has a really dark past and is doing the best she can not to let it get to her. Mariah also seems like she maybe actually not all that bad and wants to help Harlem but is doing bad things to do it, like working with Cottonmouth.

I give this episode an 8/10

Gotham

Gordan has to deal with his inner demons in this episode and by the end he's back to the police force. So both Valerie and Lee saw through Gordan's thinking when he chooses Lee to be shot instead of Valerie. Mad Hatter got to Gordan again this time drugging him and sending him on a trip to see his father. We even got the reveal his father was part of the Court of Owls. I bet they got him killed.

Season one and two Penguin was my favorite character but this season Mad Hatter has been stealing the show. I don't think he managed to kill anyone this episode but he got really close to taking out the high society of Gotham. I found it really stupid that he revealed himself to them and told them to drink the wine. If he hadn't done that they probably would had drank it on their own.

So I was wrong about Riddler's girlfriend not being real. Penguin introduced himself to her and revealed Nigma's secret of killing his previous girlfriend. This new girl is completely unbelievable. She forgave Nigma and is now in a full on relationship with him making Penguin even more jealous. I'm not caring for this story just because Nygma's girl doesn't seem like a real character but I'm guessing Penguin will kill her soon enough.

We got a lot of bad guys meeting each other in this episode. Penguin first met Mad Hatter and then the lady from the Court of Owls. It was cool seeing Barnes being the one to take down Mad Hatter. His interrogation scene was also fun with Bullock saying I thought I was supposed to be bad cop.

I give the episode a 5/10
----------------------------------------

Supergirl

I'm not a fan of villain of the week episodes but sometimes there are those villains that stick out and I like. This was one of those times. I really enjoyed Roulette. I don't really understand how she kept those aliens fighting for her to the death but it was a cool episode. I was happy to see Roulette get away at the end.

I know Supergirl is supposed to be this optimistic and naive person but why do the characters around her have to be too. They are all too quick to agree. I understand why J'onn wanted to bond with M'gann but Alex and Supergirl shouldn't have. Plus Supergirl should had taken out Roulette a long time ago at the start of the episode.

It was fun seeing Mon-El and Wynn hanging out. The bar scene was great and it was funny seeing them get in trouble for it. Alex and Maggie are definitely being set up as a romantic couple. It makes sense Alex wanting to team up with her often is because she has a crush on her.

I loved the Martians in this episode. Miss Martian is a very different character from her version in Young Justice which is very innocent. I don't mind that but I wish they didn't reveal her secret at the end of the episode. The hint she gave earlier of not all White Martians are evil was enough for me. The fight scene between the two Martians was a highlight.

I give this episode a 7/10
-----------------------------------------

The Flash

Good episode. Three big things happened in this episode. We got to know Julian who's been missing for the past two episodes, a lot more. Caitlin went to see her mom to help her out on her Killer Frost problems. We got the reveal of what type of Harrison Wells is earth 19 like. We got a throw away Godzilla like villain but got a lot of character development for Julian.

Earth 19's Wells is a funny twist to the character. They went looking for a Wells that can help the team and they got the one who isn't a scientist. H.W. is not a scientist but a writer who went to earth 1 to find new material to write a story. He has ideas and genuinely wants to help. There is still the possibility he might have a secret but for now this looks to be it.

The stuff between Julian and Barry was a progression the show needed. Julian is a no nonsense person is tired of Barry's laziness and reports him to the boss. It was funny seeing him get convince to have Barry shadow him because he wants to learn from a capable person. It was a very good character moment at the end with him almost killing a kid who was being bullied and having Flash be the one who prevented the tragedy. Unless Julian has a split personality I can't see him being Alchemy.

I'm excited to see Caitlin turn into Killer Frost and it seems the power can make her evil. It is also funny that her mother comes off cold and now her daughter is getting these powers. We also learned she got her powers the same way everyone else did in season one. I liked she and her mom made up by the end of the episode, the mother is trying to help out her daughter and not just doing it for the science.

I give the episode a 7/10

Agents of Shield

I loved this episode. A lot happened this episode and we were revealed who the true villain was. I'm so mad we have to wait three weeks for the next episode. We even got a cameo to a character that was hinted at in the previous episode.

I love Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider. We were given his origin as he told his little brother what happened that night. Gabe is a strong character and very likeable as Mach said "I like this kid." Seeing Robbie get his powers from another Ghost Rider (must be Johnny Blaze) was amazing.

Johnny Blaze has to come back right? First he was hinted at in the previous episode and then showed up this week. He must be looking for the Darkhold so we must see him again in the future. Another thing is what did he do to Robbie? Did he transferred his powers to him or just created another Ghost Rider? If he did create another Ghost Rider did he do it on orders of Mephisto or did he do it on his own to save his life? It would be messed up if Johnny Blaze cursed Robbie on his own.

The real villain was revealed by Lucy when we found out it was uncle Eli was the one who turned his colleagues into ghosts. His colleague was also the one who ordered the hit on him but they got the Reyes brothers instead. Ghost Rider killed Lucy and the only person left who worked with the Darkhold is Eli. By the end Eli got his powers while Coulsin, Robbie and Mach got hit by the blast and disappeared.

Director Mace had another excellent episode here as he confronted Coulsin. I understand Mace and feel bad at the situation he's in. It's hard being the boss, especially when your men are working behind your back making you look bad. I couldn't believe we got a fight between Mace and Ghost Rider and Ghost Rider over powering him. I think he would have been killed if it weren't for Gabe calming him done.

I give this episode a 9/10

Arrow

That is two theories I've been wrong about this week. First was on Gotham with Riddler's girlfriend being part of his imagination and now with Olly and Felicity never actually been together due to flashpoint. Reason I thought that was because they weren't really acting like exes and never mentioned the relationship. Well they finally mentioned it and they've officially moved on.

I liked Church even though I felt he was too similar to Brick but he made a good villain. Chad L. Coleman is a good actor. He had some solid fights scenes with Green Arrow but he played his part and now is gone.

I don't believe that scene with Rene digging his own grave after being beat up so badly he gave away Olly's secret. You think if he was hurt that badly he wouldn't be able to walk never mind using a shovel to dig his own grave. I don't even believe he should have been able to fight Church at the end either and it was idiotic for Diggle to convince him to join them. I did like seeing the two work together, Diggle taking a center role to Rene.

We also got the introduction to the Human Target. Very minor role but I found it enjoyable. I liked his tall with Olly and that it was Diggle who brought him in. I also liked that he should up throughout the whole episode, even participating in taking Church down and that him and Olly met in the past when he was with the bratva.

I give the episode 8/10

Legends of Tomorrow

Unlike last week's episode, I loved this episode. We got the Legends in the Civil War era with a twist of zombies. This episode was a lot of fun and even had a great character moment. We even got Captain Cold's gun being inherited by Ray.

They split the Legends into three groups. White Canary and Steel being teamed up to help Ulysses Grant against the zombies. White Canary got tips on how to be a better captain by Ulysses Grant while Steel had a very heroic moment when he distracted all the zombies towards them and blowing them up with him. This was really brave considering he still hasn't mastered how to Steel on.

I have no idea how Mick got bite by a zombie on his shoulder without noticing. That part of the storyline was definitely the fun part of the episode. Ray and Stein worked on creating a cure to save Mick and the timeline. If this was a straight up horror zombie movie Mick and Ray were done. I loved seeing Ray being helpful even dough he didn't have his Atom suit.

My favorite part was the Jax and Vixen storyline. It was a powerful character moment seeing Jax have to make these decisions of not helping the slave girl at first so not to mess up the timeline and by the end him saying screw it we're helping them. I loved Jax here and when he tried to work with the piece of s**t slave owner to fight the zombies showed so much good character in Jax's part and I have so much respect for him. Stein's line about you saw the worst in humanity was also powerful line.

Favorite episode in the series. 8/10

Doctor Strange

Marvel has yet to fail in making a good movie. Like Captain America Winter Soldier made a big change to the MCU, so did Doctor Strange. Doctor Strange introduced magic into the world for the moviegoers (technically Agents of Shield and Daredevil introduced magic to the MCU). Not only did they introduce magic but they also explained how they keep it a secret using mirror verses to have their fights. Even by the end of the movie the magic world is still a secret to the people of the world.

Kaecilius was the villain of the movie but like a good villain he didn't see himself as a bad guy. He really thought what he was doing the right thing. The Marvel movies are known for having weak villains but I do feel Kaecilius was one of their betters. They even set up the next villain with Mordo who you can understand why he came to the conclusion he did by the end of the movie. Two good performances by Mads Mikkelsen and Chiwetel Ejiofor. I want Mordo for the villain of Doctor Strange 2 and Dormammu for an Avengers movie.

Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One was a scene stealer. She was cool and very likeable which our protagonist was not. The best part of the movie was the visuals. The fight scenes with the sorcerers in the mirror world were amazing. I also really liked Doctor Strange's cape which reminded me of the magic carpet from Aladdin.

One of my flaws with the movie was that it really wasn't clear how much time had passed. This had to have taken place in many years. Even between the time of the accident to him meeting the sorcerers must have taken at least a year. The training must have been a couple of years. I have to watch the movie to try and figure out how much time past because they do mention the Avengers but I don't remember when, if it was before or after Strange learned magic.

I give this movie a 7/10  

PRs_Lobo

3,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

PRs_Lobo

3,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:41 am
Week 8 reviews

Luke Cage

Didn't expect Cottonmouth to go out the way he did but this was well done. It's funny how fast he got of jail but it still didn't work out. Shades even had a good moment in this episode. Finally Luke Cage has a moment of weakness because he has looked so unbeatable until this point.

Getting the origin story of Cottonmouth and Mariah was really well done making this one of the best episode so far. We got to understand why they turned out the way they did being raised by the true villain Mama Mable. We learned that Cottonmouth wanted a future in music but Mama Mable wanted him to continue the family illegal business. Cottonmouth became what she wanted but his live for music made him buy the club which was a nice touch.

Cottonmouth death was pretty tragic after getting his back story but he crossed the line. We got to learn that Mariah also had a tough past and was sexually assaulted by her uncle. Mama Mable tried protecting her by sending her to school but damage was done. When Cottonmouth said she was asking for it, Mariah snapped like a true victim. She attacked Cottonmouth catching him off guard and killed him. Shades witness the scene and choose to help her by framing Luke for it.

Luke finally had a moment a weakness when he gets shot and the bullet penetrates. The assassin seems to know Luke as he says Luke's real name, Carl, right before he shoots him. We were introduced to the Judas bullet a little while back and now that's it at play the regular humans have a chance to fight back the super powered people. I wonder if the bullet would work on Hulk.

I give episode seven a 9/10

Gotham

I've always liked the character Barnes and the story he's taken this season I appreciate. I think he's story is coming to an end but I could be wrong. If it is I really hope it's not the next episode.

Barnes starts off the episode running into the criminal world's cleaner in the middle of a job. Any regular person could snap witnessing what Barnes but he had the extra Alice's poison running in him. Barnes does what he has always been against and rips this man apart literary. The actor played the character's torment well and I could believe he had one last job to do before he turned himself in. Then he saw the law let him down and they released a terrible criminal he had arrested. Barnes makes his decision and becomes judge, jury, and executioner sending the criminal through a wall.

I don't know how I feel about the Lee storyline. In a small amount of time she fell in love with Mario Falcone and now they're getting married. This all seems to quick but is there something more to it. I'm starting to think Lee has a plan for that family and might be using Maria as an in. We'll see.

I went from being interested in the Penguin and Riddler storyline to finding it unrealistic and predictable. Riddler's girlfriend seems to be a completely fake character and I have no idea if she did get killed or not at the end. She's such a weird person and I want her to be plant by the Court of Owls but she might already be dead. I do think the end game for this storyline is to put Penguin and Riddler against each other but it would be interesting if the Court of Owls is behind it.

Supergirl

No Martians in this episode and they were missed. Mon-El went to work with Kara at Catco. Alex figured out she has a crush on Maggie. Jimmy decides he wants to actually help in the fight and be a hero instead of a sidekick.

I'm not sure if I would call Jimmy a sidekick, not for Supergirl but I don't know for Superman. If there was a sidekick for Supergirl it was Wynn. I do like the friendship between Jimmy and Wynn and how Jimmy is able to convince Wynn to help him become a superhero by creating a suit for him. We'll see how long that takes him and how it turns out.

There was a lot of comic relief with the Kara and Mon-El. Mon-El acts like a teenager and it's funny seeing him learn about the earth culture. Alex has to tell Kara to let Mon-El figure it out on his own. While Alex does that when she figured out she is gay and was about to come out to Kara.

The storyline of Cadmus was a big part of this episode. They gave these random criminals aliens’ guns to show that aliens are a problem on earth. I don't care for that logic but it was cool seeing Lena Luthor and Wynn being the one's to take them down when Supergirl couldn't. We also got the reveal that Cadmus' leader is Lena's mother. I'm not sure if that makes her a Luthor or her maternal mother since Lena is adopted.

I give the episode a 6/10

Arrow

This episode we finally had the interaction between Green Arrow and Prometheus. I love when a show has an ongoing mystery throughout the season which you are trying to figure out. Flash did it with Zoom and Reverse Flash and seems to be doing the same thing with new Alchemy. I still haven't made my theory yet but I don't think it's Lance, maybe Tommy Merlin.

It was interesting to find out not everyone knew The Hood guy from season one is the same person as Green Arrow. I guess that makes sense since when Olly was The Hood he was a killer. Artemis was not okay with that after being convinced not to get revenge herself the previous season. It all made sense and good call backs.

The flashbacks were good too and we got introduced to Konstantin Kovar played by Dolph Lundgren. I'm a fan of that actor and look forward to seeing what he does. The man is such a big presence where ever he is at. Thanks to the addition I'm now looking forward to the flashback scenes.

This season has gotten to a good start compared to the last two weak seasons of the show. It still might be to early to tell if this season will be considered one of the best but I have hope. With all the call backs to the first season makes me think this might be the final season of the shows. I don't know if this will be the final season but we do know it's the final season with flashbacks.

Legends of Tomorrow

So far so good for Legends of Tomorrow this season. Damien Darhk is back and is working with the president of United States. We also had the return of young Martin Stein.

Another big return was Obsidian of the JSA the only surviving member by the 80s. It was Vixen and Steel who got to visit Obsidian and we got to learn that Vixen and Rex used to be a couple and were planning to leave the JSA. I was happy to see Obsidian get out of the episode alive when he took a shot for Vixen.

Ray and Mick got to hangout more this episode, Ray becoming the new Captain Cold. It was some funny scenes between the two as Mick taught him how to be more cool like Snark. By the end Mick comes to the conclusion Ray has to be his own man.

The big thing in this episode was the fight between Sara and Darhk. She finally told him what he is fated for. He will die and accomplish nothing. Darhk finding this out seems to put him on a different path and teaming up with Reverse Flash who gave him the power to time travel.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:41 am
Week 9 reviews

Luke Cage

Luke Cage is hurt, Cottonmouth is dead and there's a new bad guy in town. A lot of big things happened in this episode and the biggest thing was the entrance of what looks like to be the big bad Diamondback. Black Mariah and Shades made big power plays turning the police against Luke.

Cottonmouth will be missed but he couldn't do a thing to the protagonist. To take up his place are a more ruthless Mariah who killed him and a devious Shades who we don't exactly know what he's up to. Mariah is a very cold person and uses politics to her advantage. A person like her could be a problem to any of the Marvel heroes her being able to turn the people against them.

Diamondback made a flashy entrance not only by injuring Luke but by the way he spoke. The man comes off a bit cartoony with his lines like, "Carl Come Out And Play." The man is intimidating and is also able to get the upper hand on Misty.

Misty has a ruff episode being over powered by Diamondback. After the incident with Diamondback she goes to interrogate Claire to find out where Luke went but she refuses to tell. Misty gets so mad she attacks Claire and her Captain has to intervene. You can tell things are starting to get to her but I don't know if she really believes Luke is behind Cottonmouth's death.

I give the episode a 8/10

Gotham

I did not like this episode. I don't know but it felt kind of weird to see Gordan and Barnes turn on each other so easily. Never mind Riddler's girlfriend storyline. I didn't the mind Ivy storyline this week but I have no idea what's going on there.

Weakest part is the Riddler storyline. They really just killed that fake character off like nothing. I thought she had to have been working for somebody or was maybe created by the Court of Owls or Hugo Strange but no. She was a real weird person who was in love with Riddler and went to libraries conferences. Now she's dead and we're getting Riddler vs Butch before he figures it out Penguin is the real murderer.

I understand Barnes was going crazy and needed to be taken down but Gordan turned against him quick. Gordan's even killed before, you think he could relate. Even Bullock turned quickly instead of just asking him the truth. That doctor he killed was evil I don't think a police station full of dirty cops were going to look down at him for the act. Barnes went down and now is in Arkham Asylum.

Some funny scenes with Ivy, Bruce and Selene with her bargaining for the bracelet. I have no idea if the people who after them are the Court of Owls or something else. Good to see Ivy kept her little kid mentality and how Bruce finds her attractive now. I can't wait to see Alfred see the new Ivy next.

I give the episode a 5/10

Supergirl

A lot happened in this episode with the introduction of a big Superman supervillain Parasite. Parasite was a worthy opponent being able to take out Supergirl and Martian Manhunter. Feels a bit of a waste using him as a villain of the week. Still he was able to make his impression.

It was very fun seeing Kara drunk and Mon-El as the party boy. It's so funny to think of a person with Superman's power who has the mentality a college frat house boy. Mon-El even admitted he doesn't care to be a superhero and prefers to just hangout. It was a big deal him coming out at the end to help fight Parasite.

Jimmy Olson also came out as a superhero at the end to fight Parasite and he looked cool. I know there are people who aren't fans of the character and I've myself have been getting bored with him but he looks cool. I want to compare him to Diggle from Arrow who when he did turn to a secret identity he just looked silly. Guardian looks awesome and I like the idea of him hiding his identity from Supergirl.

Miss Martian gave some of her blood to save Martian Manhunter and I don't know if this will affect him in some sort of way in the future. I'm thinking not but he will be disgusted when he finds out she's a white Martian. Alex coming out to her sister was a interesting scene and it was sad seeing Alex after she got turned down by Maggie.

The Flash

This was a big episode like Arrow was last week focusing more on the season's villain. I did not like how they made a point for you to notice Julian was missing hinting that he must be Alchemy. I don't know why the episode was called Shade considering the character was such a weak point in this episode.

A lot was going on this episode and I don't get the use of a villain of the week considering we had both Alchemy and Savitar. Shade was wasted in this episode and I'm not going to say anything else about him. I'm not a fan of another speedster as the main antagonist. I don't know what Savitar is exactly but I don't want another speedster even if he's the fastest one ever. It's getting old and they already did two good takes on bad speedsters with Reverse Flash and Zoom. Alchemy is so far the one who interest me the most.

A good part if this episode was the stuff with Caitlin turning into Killer Frost. She opened up to Cisco and Cisco vibed her seeing them fight each other in the future. This brought me back to my favorite part of this season so far with the tag team of Flash and Vibe. I want to see Vibe fighting again and I can't wait to see Caitlin also out there fighting, as an ally or enemy.

I'm also invested in the Wally storyline. He came out to his father about the dreams and that he was Kid Flash. I liked he was able to come to the conclusion that they need to lock him up. Alchemy is coming to get him and that can't be good. By the end Wally ends in a husk and we'll be getting Kid Flash very soon.

I give the episode a 6/10

Arrow

I love the fight scenes in this show. The fight scene between Olly and Konstantin Kovar was amazing. The introduction of Vigilante was also great. We even got a cliffhanger of Artemis working with Prometheus. Good episode.

Vigilante was good addition to a show full of vigilantes and he not lining up with team Arrow is good drama. I was happy to see the character get out of the episode free and I wonder where his storyline will go. Could the character become a wild card in the final fight or will he be taken out before. I think he will play a big role in the finale and I think he will be a wild card on nobody's side.

Lance went quick to Thea and told her about the blackouts and the throwing star. They come to the conclusion Prometheus is messing with Lance which makes sense. I like seeing Lance and Thea together and I hope they continue to work together and maybe figure out themselves who Prometheus or Vigilante are.

The Artemis working with the bad guy is straight from Young Justice and I like it. In the Young Justice show she was the daughter of a villain named Sportsmaster. I think they might be doing a spin of this storyline and Prometheus is Artemis' father or some relative. I'm intrigued and this is my favorite of the Arrow-verse shows.

I give the episode an 8/10

Legends of Tomorrow

We returned to the wild west and have Jonah Hex back. It was good seeing Hex return and I wish they would make him part of the team. We got to meet his bad guy Quentin Turnbull who found a compound which is what the Atom suit is made out of. We should be getting the return of the Atom suit soon, probably next week. Plus the Steel suit.

I enjoyed the scenes between White Canary and Hex. They’re funny together which makes me want Hex to join the group even more. Hex seemed sad to find out Rip is missing and was confused to find out Canary had taken the place of leadership. Unlike Canary Rip never felt like a good leader and I personally don't miss him.

Steel stood out a lot in this episode being happy he was in the wild west for the first time. There are a lot of similarities between him and Ray and maybe it's time for Ray to leave the show. Like Luke Cage Steel's skin is penetrated by a bullet. It's the material which Atom's suit made of which means when he does create that suit he should be stronger than Steel. The scene where Steel stopped the train was pretty cool.

One of the most interesting plots going on in this episode is Stein gaining a new memory. Could what happened last episode changed Stein's future. He was gaining memories of a woman who he is in love with. Did he leave his wife for her? Is this a flashpoint change? Could this become part of the main storyline? I'm intrigued and want to see more. Hopefully this continues throughout the whole season.

I give the episode 6/10  

PRs_Lobo

3,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items