Things you would NEVER do... that people around you do... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gear Bush

Eternal Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:37 pm
Ignoring their children while playing games online.

They're on microphone having a good time laughing, gigging, telling jokes , biching about things, screaming volgar insults and flirting.. all the while you hear their kids trying get their attention for something for hours and usually the only communication they give them is telling them to go away, leave them alone, or to go interact with someone else.. worse yet yelling these things at them... or threatening to punish them for ruining "mommy time"...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:47 pm
Gear Bush
Ignoring their children while playing games online.

They're on microphone having a good time laughing, gigging, telling jokes , biching about things, screaming volgar insults and flirting.. all the while you hear their kids trying get their attention for something for hours and usually the only communication they give them is telling them to go away, leave them alone, or to go interact with someone else.. worse yet yelling these things at them... or threatening to punish them for ruining "mommy time"...

My sister has kids like that, and part of the problem is that they won't LET her have ANY "mommy time." Every time she picks up the phone, gets on the computer, or has the family over for some holiday dinner, those bratty kids are RIGHT THERE, insisting that she pay attention to them, and only them. Usually, either I or my dad is the one telling them to get lost, cause they see her all the time, while we only see her on holidays, or talk to her on the phone. So, I wouldn't put too much blame on whoever you're talking about, since kids think that your entire life is supposed to revolve around THEM.

Just FYI.  

Priestess_Kelina

Hilarious Gaian

1,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Chandra Panesar

Melodious Angel

25,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:25 pm
I have odd pet peeves that I think only bother me. Two come to mind immediately.

Not clearing a calculator when you've finished using it. Like... I literally get annoyed and wonder why it is hard for people to hit just one more button so that the calculator we all use is fresh and ready for the next person. You are finished with it. You will never need this, exact number again. Clear it, please. That said, it only takes one button push for me to clear it myself before I start, so I don't complain, but it still bugs me.

Not rinsing a mop bucket once you empty it. There is nasty residue building up in that bucket... half of the gross you just mopped up is still there and will remain there until it is rinsed away. Basically, you are setting yourself up to fill a bucket with dirty water the next time you mop. The job isn't done until the bucket is rinsed, in my opinion, but I often find it dirty.

Not returning a shopping cart to a corral, AT LEAST. In a store with a small lot, I always return the cart to the inside of the store. I'm not going to make some employee run around and collect half a dozen carts in subzero weather because my whole minute of time it would take to return a cart is more important than anyone else's time. That's just rude.

Plugging shelf items in the wrong place. Like... Okay. You don't want that any more. I understand. But do you really think it should be someone else's responsibility to transport the item you put out of place to where it belongs? And that's after they finally find the plugged item. Too bad if it needs refrigeration, but not your problem, right? RUDE.

Well, now I think I am actually annoying myself thinking about it. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:59 pm
Chandra Panesar
I have odd pet peeves that I think only bother me. Two come to mind immediately.

Not clearing a calculator when you've finished using it. Like... I literally get annoyed and wonder why it is hard for people to hit just one more button so that the calculator we all use is fresh and ready for the next person. You are finished with it. You will never need this, exact number again. Clear it, please. That said, it only takes one button push for me to clear it myself before I start, so I don't complain, but it still bugs me.

Not rinsing a mop bucket once you empty it. There is nasty residue building up in that bucket... half of the gross you just mopped up is still there and will remain there until it is rinsed away. Basically, you are setting yourself up to fill a bucket with dirty water the next time you mop. The job isn't done until the bucket is rinsed, in my opinion, but I often find it dirty.

Not returning a shopping cart to a corral, AT LEAST. In a store with a small lot, I always return the cart to the inside of the store. I'm not going to make some employee run around and collect half a dozen carts in subzero weather because my whole minute of time it would take to return a cart is more important than anyone else's time. That's just rude.

Plugging shelf items in the wrong place. Like... Okay. You don't want that any more. I understand. But do you really think it should be someone else's responsibility to transport the item you put out of place to where it belongs? And that's after they finally find the plugged item. Too bad if it needs refrigeration, but not your problem, right? RUDE.

Well, now I think I am actually annoying myself thinking about it. XD

You're not the only one! I DESPISED coming to a calculator with a bunch of calculations sitting on the screen because someone couldn't be arsed to clear it before dashing off to another class, I eventually bought my own calculator so I wouldn't have to deal with it. (Well, that was part of the reason, anyway, the other was because I preferred a different calculator model and could never manage to quite figure out the ones everyone else used.)
If I owned a traditional mop and bucket, that would drive me daffy. As it is, though, I live in a tiny studio apartment and that would be a waste of space, so I just have one of those swiffer mop things. Probably for the best, I can see my beau being the sort of person to forget to rinse the bucket, and then I'd be irritated about it.
CARTS. STRAY CARTS. UGH. Not only does some poor guy have to collect those in any weather, I have to worry about the blasted things hitting our car. If we park near a stray cart, we usually just take it into the store with us to use, saves us hassle, saves a worker hassle, win-win.
As someone that's OCD, things in the wrong place in a store drive me absolutely batty. It's a huge pet peeve for my beau, too, because he used to work in retail, and I can really only imagine how frustrating it must be to find out some kid thought it would be funny to shove something frozen back behind other stuff.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Chandra Panesar

Melodious Angel

25,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:12 pm
Queen Spazzy

You're not the only one! I DESPISED coming to a calculator with a bunch of calculations sitting on the screen because someone couldn't be arsed to clear it before dashing off to another class, I eventually bought my own calculator so I wouldn't have to deal with it. (Well, that was part of the reason, anyway, the other was because I preferred a different calculator model and could never manage to quite figure out the ones everyone else used.)
If I owned a traditional mop and bucket, that would drive me daffy. As it is, though, I live in a tiny studio apartment and that would be a waste of space, so I just have one of those swiffer mop things. Probably for the best, I can see my beau being the sort of person to forget to rinse the bucket, and then I'd be irritated about it.
CARTS. STRAY CARTS. UGH. Not only does some poor guy have to collect those in any weather, I have to worry about the blasted things hitting our car. If we park near a stray cart, we usually just take it into the store with us to use, saves us hassle, saves a worker hassle, win-win.
As someone that's OCD, things in the wrong place in a store drive me absolutely batty. It's a huge pet peeve for my beau, too, because he used to work in retail, and I can really only imagine how frustrating it must be to find out some kid thought it would be funny to shove something frozen back behind other stuff.

Haha, I thought I was the only person in the world who was bothered when people don't clear calculators! I tell myself it shouldn't matter, but it still annoys me. And yes, working retail definitely makes everything and everyone more annoying, sometimes. XD I like it, though. I like doing customer service. It gets frustrating, but it actually makes me feel fulfilled.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:17 pm
This is less a thing people do, more a thing product packagers do, but it still annoys me to no end.
PUTTING COUPONS INSIDE FOOD, PET FOOD, CAT LITTER, WHAT-HAVE-YOU.
Like, yeah, okay, sure, keeps people from stealing it off the packaging or whatever, BUT THEY GET GROSS INSIDE THESE PRODUCTS.
Covered in food particles or crumbs or dust, it's really disgusting, even if you wrap it in a little plastic sleeve, the consumer still has to dig the stupid thing out and deal with whatever is stuck to it getting all over their hands.
Not only that, but if you're shoving wads of paper in a cat litter jug, it's either going to keep the litter from pouring out, or it's gonna get dumped in a litter box, both options are absolutely annoying. And one of them is ******** gross, because I'm sure as hell not digging a coupon back out of the litter box to use even if I did just clean it.
Of course, it's even worse if it's some jerk kid pulling them off the package and shoving them inside the litter jugs. I've never been quite sure if the ones I had in a litter jug were intentionally placed there or someone thought they were being cute sticking them inside, but if it were the latter, I'd be thoroughly tempted to throw a pile of shoes at the person doing it.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tigrosharu

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:41 pm
Drive a Dodge Caravan, I still have some sanity left and apparently those cars come with automatic road rage side effects. They are the most dangerous vehicle on the roads here, all caravans and minivans in this area are. Followed closely by Expeditions and similar vehicles.

Why do people in massive cars think they own the road? I mean the massive expeditions have horrible rollover ratings and ditch so often, and if they hit someone they are going to kill them. Shouldn't those drivers be a little more aware of that? Or are they compensating for something? I'll never own one of those, if I want a vehicle like that I'll buy an actual off roader like a International Scout or Military Grade Jeep..
Or a Dune Buggy or Crawler, but yeah no weird oversized compensation car for me.

I'll never be rude to a waitress or store clerk, but people in this area do it often.

I'll think of more later.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces