Submit

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:12 am
Hey guys, I'm a metalhead. Naturally, in any guild's music forum there's going to be the one guy who is looking to discover new metal bands. So, what are your favorite metal bands?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:05 am
Most of my exposure to metal has been pretty "normal" bands, so chances are there's not much to discover. lol Disturbed is my favorite metal/hard rock band.

But if you're willing to go into the European metal range, there's Korpiklaani,, Arkona, Eluveitie, and Sabaton.

I tend to steer towards folk metal, so yeah, you'll see a lot of that with my recommendations.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:59 am
Lady Lagomorph
Most of my exposure to metal has been pretty "normal" bands, so chances are there's not much to discover. lol Disturbed is my favorite metal/hard rock band.

But if you're willing to go into the European metal range, there's Korpiklaani,, Arkona, Eluveitie, and Sabaton.

I tend to steer towards folk metal, so yeah, you'll see a lot of that with my recommendations.

When it comes to folk metal, I absolutely love Arkona and Eluveitie, but I've never really gotten into Korpiklaani or Sabaton. Normal metal is what I grew up with, but recently I've gotten into some Technical Death Metal and Progressive Metal as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:07 am
Matadair

When it comes to folk metal, I absolutely love Arkona and Eluveitie, but I've never really gotten into Korpiklaani or Sabaton. Normal metal is what I grew up with, but recently I've gotten into some Technical Death Metal and Progressive Metal as well.

Korpiklaani and Arkona are probably my favorite from the genre. I seem to be most picky with the singer's voice in bands, so that affects things.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:29 pm
Lady Lagomorph
Matadair

Korpiklaani and Arkona are probably my favorite from the genre. I seem to be most picky with the singer's voice in bands, so that affects things.

Right? I've been told I'm extremely picky with the vocalist's sound in bands as well. Viking metal for example. Amon Amarth's music is great, but the vocalist isn't all that talented in my opinion. It's why I usually stray towards Tyr.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:34 am
Wow, I look back to this forum three years later and no replies.  

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:49 am
Been listening to Black Sabbath a lot recently, particularly the remasters of the earlier albums.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:25 am
I'm more of an alternative rock guy...sorry??? I listen to three day grace, breaking benjamin etc.  

Meh101

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:16 pm
Meh101
I'm more of an alternative rock guy...sorry??? I listen to three day grace, breaking benjamin etc.

To each is their own, no judgement passed here.  
"YMS" ♪Your Music Station♫

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games