Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions
Need cosplay ideas, help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZeAwesomeSerinah

Lonely Gatekeeper

8,150 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:42 am
Hi so I'm trying to figure out some cosplays that would be cool but also affordable

I myself have:
Fair skin with freckles
Blue eyes
Orange hair - straight and a inch or two past my shoulders

Wigs :
short blonde (shizuo from durarara)
short red (sasori from naruto)
Long straight white (going to be kite from hxh)
Grayish-blue-ish short (ciel from black butler)

Will have short white eventually (accelerator from index/Railgun)

Note:
I refuse to die or cut my hair
I can't do contact lenses
Not the best with makeup but will try
Not a fan of showing off skin ^^

So any ideas? Sorry if I sound picky ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:33 pm
if your into kingdom hearts, it sounds like you would make a pretty good Namine. Though you'll have to get a wig since you don't want to dye your hair.
User Image  

Neko Akashi

Floppy Kitten

14,975 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:21 am
ZeAwesomeSerinah
Hi so I'm trying to figure out some cosplays that would be cool but also affordable

I myself have:
Fair skin with freckles
Blue eyes
Orange hair - straight and a inch or two past my shoulders

Wigs :
short blonde (shizuo from durarara)
short red (sasori from naruto)
Long straight white (going to be kite from hxh)
Grayish-blue-ish short (ciel from black butler)

Will have short white eventually (accelerator from index/Railgun)

Note:
I refuse to die or cut my hair
I can't do contact lenses
Not the best with makeup but will try
Not a fan of showing off skin ^^

So any ideas? Sorry if I sound picky ^^

Greetings Serinah,

You are off to great start to coming up with Cosplay ideas yourself. Making an inventory of what you have on hand to make Cosplay Outfits with helps a lot. Also if you have made previous Cosplay Outfits you can alter them to make new ones. You can go to fabric stores, flea markets, resale shops, and other thrift type stores to find bargains on items that you need.

For me Cosplay is a special tribute to the character that you are portraying. You are showing off the Love that you have for the character. My advice is to think about characters that you like a lot from your favorite Anime / Manga / Video game series. You will be surprised about the variety of characters to choose from. Some outfits are easy to make like Misty from Pokemon.

One of the things that I did and many other Cosplayers do is to create your Cosplay outfit is stages. Due to money concerns it took me just over a year to come up with one of my Cosplay Outfits. I picked a character, found a really good drawing of the character, and based on that came up with a list of what I needed to find or buy.

Also I asked friends and family members to help out with sewing my outfit together. You can do the same thing. I'm sure that you can get help from at least one person that you know for makeup, etc. Also you could go to beauty salons and stylists for help too. It could become a great adventure for you. smile

I will put the word out to the Crew to see if they can help you further. Don't forget to have fun making your Cosplay Outfits.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:25 pm
ZeAwesomeSerinah

First thing that comes to mind with the fair skin, freckles, and blue eyes is Prompto from Final Fantasy XV or Prompto (regular or high school version) from Final Fantasy XV: Brotherhood.

You could also do:
gaia_star Akaito (Vocaloid) - There are different outfits that you could do for him.
gaia_star Alois (Black Butler)
gaia_star Ayame (Fruits Basket)
gaia_star Kisara (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
gaia_star One of the Hitachiin twins (Ouran High School Host Club) - You could do a female version of them since your hair is longer than their hair.
gaia_star Pokemon in human form - Not sure which Pokemon per se. It depends on the color scheme of what you have on hand in your normal and cosplay wardrobes.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:50 pm
Have you thought of using Anime Character Database for some ideas?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:01 pm
What color do people most likely use for a maid cosplay? I was thinking of cosplaying a elegant maid.  

AnimePinku620

Dapper Rabbit

2,950 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:58 am
AnimePinku620
What color do people most likely use for a maid cosplay? I was thinking of cosplaying a elegant maid.

The following info is from the Maid Cafe 101 Thread "Convention Events & Running Conventions Info" Sub Forum. The thread was created by Crewmember xXButterflied MemoriesXx. I hope that you find the info useful. "Sorry for the late response"

Anatomy of a Maid Uniform

Every Cafe has their own uniform design, however there is a standard to the uniform that deems it a “Maid Cafe” styled uniform, versus a French Maid uniform.

Parts of the uniform;

Head Band: typically these are a headband with a stiffened piece of fabric or lace on top of it, some cafes do opt for the flat styled lolita band.

Dress: Dresses are fairly basic, while most cafes do a black and white scheme, ones like @Home and several others take on colors, pictured above is @Home’s Chocolate colored uniform, all the uniforms within this cafe all share this basic color, while each maid picks an accept color (blues, pinks, greens) to bring out their personality. A lot of cafes have adopted letting their maids pick different colored uniforms within a certain spectrum, EX; My own cafe has all pastel colored dresses ranging from Lilacs to Mint green.
The Structure of the dresses depends on the cafe as well, while most pick the baby doll alice styled bodice (pictured above), some will go with V-scooped necklines, to even having Yukata
styled uniforms, pictured from my own groups “Festival” styled Uniform.

Apron: Aprons are a must have accessory! what kind of maid doesn’t have an apron? Apron style depends on the cafes chosen design, however some cafes allow the girls to range their aprons according to personal taste. Some will opt for a half apron that just goes around the waist. Some may chose to have a full apron that ether has a high waist band, or a full panel on the chest area of the bodice. Some may do Jumper styled straps, or cross in the back, these are all based off the personal preference and chosen cafes designs. However the aprons are the typical accessory area that cafes will allow the girls to personalize. So some girls may adorn buttons with series that they like, or they might attach a 2-way broach that compliments the outfit, or even bows.

Petticoat: While most groups who perform require one for safety measures, not all cafes require these. This depends on the design of the uniform and the skirt style.

Bloomers: Not required by some groups, but recommended. similar to safety pants that singers wear for modesty

Socks/Tights: This is depending on the uniform as well that the cafe has chosen, most chose to have knee high and above as part of the uniform. Some cafes for summer will allow ankle socks. Color depends on the cafes design as well, though most do chose a white.

Shoes: Shoes are typically Mary Jane styled shoes. They give the best support for the maid especially when performing. Heels or flats depends on the cafe and personal preference. Shoes are normally black, some cafes though will allow a white if it is part of the design.

Accessories: These are more of a personal preference, and also what the cafes dress codes allow. Accessories range from things such as wrist cuffs, to bracelets and necklaces, hair pieces, and even the apron personalization.  
Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games