Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
5 Warnings to Those Who Merely Pretend To Be Godly

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:44 am
May 25, 2017

There is in each of us a dangerous temptation toward hypocrisy, to be one thing but to pretend to be another. There are many within the church who are hypocrites, people who claim to be Christians but who are, in fact, unbelievers attempting to convince others (and perhaps themselves) that they are followers of Jesus Christ. They are people who do not practice true virtue but who instead offer counterfeit versions of it. Jude compares them to clouds without water in that they seem to be full of the Spirit but are actually devoid of true goodness.

Continue reading: link  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:44 am
Some people who are very vocal in praying also do so just to impress others. I've noticed that in my own family :/  

Lady Vizsla

SARL0

Quotable Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:11 am
like these guys :

the bible pastor,greg miller, (who, i'm not claiming is a perfect man, but i believe his bible teachings are correct and has a heart to spread the Gospel and minister to believers in obedience to his calling.) plays the clip of them at about 4:52 minute mark in to the video.

Those guys (not exclusively this type of beliefs & behavior) and others like them are some of who i believe the bible is referring to as "clouds without rain". The pope too and many of his followers.  
The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games