Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Dragonweavers: Thread and thread [Tyila,Ichta,Dragons] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:20 pm
Tyila eyed the inner patch with curiosity, noting that, yes, it was sort of...unraveling on its own. Taking thread from there would be easy, and made sense. In the back of her mind, she certainly agreed with the idea to repair the unwinding edge once they had what was needed. If that seam burst next, she'd be back in this same position. In fact, once she had enough thread, maybe she'd just firm up every seam. If she had her way, this tunic would last until threadfall itself ended. Until she and T'rel were both old and as gray and faded as the tunic would no doubt be by then.

She nodded along at the idea to talk to a trader about it. "Would buying it unfaded be cheaper? I imagine it'd cost a bit more to have them dye it." And what would they do with the rest of the dye? To her untrained mind, she imagined some far-off crafter making a huge vat of dye...just to dip in her thread. Perhaps the color could be used...but it was just a faded version of a brighter, more popular, probably, color. Getting it and fading it herself seemed more logical.

"Well, uhm," She suddenly recalled Ichta's own project. "What about your green? The color, I mean. If it's not here...could we order it too? It'd make more sense to get both at once, right? Or at least, uhm, let me help find it? Since you've helped me, I mean." She wanted to offer to help work on the tapestry too, but then...she'd probably just make a mess of it. That sort of thing was far beyond her skills. But then...maybe she could watch, and learn.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:49 pm
Ichta nodded slowly at Tylia’s question. “I would be surprised if we couldn’t find the unfaded hue already available from a trader,” she suggested, running her fingers over the unravelling edge. “I imagine a whole spool of it would last this shirt’s lifetime as long as it wasn’t actively thrown at Thread the whole day every day.” Though now that Ichta had said it, she worried she’d doomd the tunic to just that fate. It wouldn’t have been good. Nobody needed to see Thread that much.

Fortunately nobody was yet.

Ichta had nearly forgotten about the green she’d come to look for in trying to find a solution for Tylia. Aurinkoth bumped against his chosen’s hip affectionately and cheeped. Ichta idly dropped a hand to run her fingers over the knobs of his head without glancing down. Perhaps someday she’d do such a thing and not even realize she was doing it. Of course, when positivity surged straight into one’s synapses for doing anything, it was hard not to know you had bonded with a cheerleader.

“Well, I know I got my green originally from this store, so I should be able to find it in here again,” Ichta explained as she began to sort through some of the cooler shades of color to try and find the one she was trying to find. Though she did pause on a particularly nice shade of brown, setting it aside with a thoughtful look.

ShinosBee

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items