Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am
"It'll be fine, see?" E'mel ran a hand along his dear blue's side as he pulled off his boots, tossing them haphazardly into the sand behind him. As he rolled up his leggings to his knees, Brieteth trilled nervously, leaning in to watch as yellow whirled through his eyes. It was a near constant state for the always-slightly-grey blue, and the red haired man took his head in both hands, touching his forehead to the nervous blue's snout. "Come on, would I ever lead you astray?" But it's getting cold, E'melmine, and if the water is so safe and good why are we the only ones here? What would Z'tir and Solath say? Mine! What if we get in trouble?

Brieteth continued to keel as E'mel both shouldered and shrugged off his worries. "If they needed us right now, we'd be there immediately and you know that. " he assured, "Now come on. it's not too cold for us to enjoy this yet, even if most are going to suspect it is." The mottled blue, though hesitating, inched his way into the water, keeling as the cool-but-not-cold water touched his legs and nearly immediately reeled backwards as he flared his wings with concern. It is cold! You said it wasn't yet! Mine! he leaned his head into the small of E'mel's back anxiously and the young man reached back to pat the side of his face. "This isn't cold! Give it a minute! Brieteth. Come on, buddy."

Still, the blue looked nervously at the water, then keeled again at his who just remained smiling and continuing his attempts to get the bundle of denial into the water with him.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:28 pm
demon_pachabel

Thankfully, Brieteth's worries about being the only ones at the lake would soon be relieved; from the Weyrling Barracks came a young blue dragon, and behind him, his rider. The two were obviously prepared for a lakeside adventure; while Macuith strutted with his usual light footed confidence, his rider was holding a few towels over one shoulder, an empty bucket in his left hand with a few types of paddles, brushes, and a few softer sponges; and another bucket filled with lightly scented oil in his right. Though autumn was fast upon the Weyr, the day itself was warm, and the water was (hopefully) warm.

As they neared, Macuith's excitement was tangible. While he had been thrilled to get the pampering he most certainly deserved, he was doubly so at the sight of an unfamiliar blue dragon near the lake. None of his fellow weyrlings had wanted to join him on the this bathing extravaganza, and while he had been more than happy to spend it solely with his rider, the fact that there was a surprise pair already there pleased the sociable blue.

Look, Mine. There are two cute boys there! Let's go say hello, shall we, and admire them close up? It was less of a question and more of an assumed answer. It didn't really matter what his rider said -- the young Macuith was going to go over regardless how C'lus felt. Thankfully, his rider was almost always willing to socialize and meet new people, especially when they were men! Hurry, pet. We need to charm them before they leav.

C'lusi laughed aloud. "We'd get there faster if you helped carry some of this," he teased. He wasn't going to reprimand his blue, but he also wasn't in any position to hurry along. He had enough sense to let Macuith on ahead -- he wasn't going to risk taking a tumble over his buckets and supplies just because his dragon wanted to make a new friend. What do you know about charming, anyway? He asked privately, his good-humor and affection flowing towards his blue.

Macuith, for his part, only let his eyes whirl a bright green. Baby, I was born to charm.

Ha. Fair enough.

So it was, C'lus watched as Macuith bridged the distance to where E'mel and Brieteth stood along the shore. He might only have been four month old, but he was growing fast. He was already larger than C'lusi, and longer to boot; it was taking longer, and longer to wash and oil him, but it was still something the brown haired rider thoroughly enjoyed. He'd never loved something or someone as much as he did Macuith -- the two complimented one another immensely, and their bond was strong. To say he was a bit besotted was likely an understatement, but that could usually be said of any rider and dragon pair.

Macuith, for his part, gave a warm honk of greeting. The honk itself seemed to surprise him -- he had been going for a more mature sounding warble -- but he took it all in stride. Maybe he'd been hanging out with Aurinkoth too much. Why hello there, pretty one. How's the water? I was hoping I wouldn't have to bathe alone. While Macuith was too young to really understand flirting, his rider knew all about it, and the end result tended to be the blue making (what he called) special friends. Macuith wanted nothing more than all sorts of special friends -- maybe Brieteth wold get to be one.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:03 pm
Brieteth kreeled at E'mel when the boy waded knee-deep into the water and proceeded to splash him, grinning broadly. "C'mon, buddy. You'll have more fun in here. Or don't you want to spend time with me?" it was a small jab at the blue, but it was enough to get the now slightly guilt ridden blue to wade probably three inches into the water before he stopped and flattened down again. This was the worst thing. E'mel rewarded the effort with a pat on his nose. "See? It's fine."

E'mel was always right, in the end, but it didn't mean Brieteth wasn't expecting things to somehow be the worst ever solely to spite him. Some things, however, weren't the worst ever and the blue's head lifted slightly as a voice he hadn't heard before called out to him, craning his neck around to look behind him as his eyes whirled with a mix of blue-and-yellow (and perhaps a little green, on the side). He somewhat recognized the little blue, in the same way a protective stranger trying very hard not to be a creep would (and oh, did he try to not seem like a creep. He was just very, very invested in his mother's newest children). o-Oh! Hello! while Macuith's honk had perhaps sounded a little too puberty-cracking for his own liking, Brieteth made a noise that seemed to struggle between 'awkward' and 'hesitantly friendly'. The water is... he unfurled his wings briefly as he looked down at his feet, then folded them back against his sides before he looked back to his fellow blue. Mine describes it as 'it'll be warm if you give it a chance', but it's a little uh....cooler...? Oh, he sounded so dumb, but the red haired man patted the blue's neck. Hey, you're doing fine. I don't know what he's saying, but you're doing fine. Promise, buddy-pal.

He wasn't exactly reassured.

You're here to bathe? Mine is here to play, b-but I guess I could um...visit while yours and you clean up? Oh, he sounded so so so dumb, but again E'mel patted him with reassurance.

E'mel on the other hand, stepped around his enormous blue mass of self-doubt with a bright smile, keeping his hand on the blue's side as he sent another wave of adoring reassurance to him that he was really doing OK and he didn't sound dumb to offer a wave to C'lusi. "Yo! Great day out, yeah?" his eyes paused as he noticed the young man was carrying...well, a lot of stuff, and moved from his blue's side to approach the taller man. "Need help carrying anything?" he'd barely gotten the question out of his mouth before his hands were already out, ready to accept anything handed over.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:55 am
demon_pachabel

Macuith didn't seem to notice any anxiousness or worry from the blue. All he saw was a large dragon who was just starting to inch his way into the waters, and a future playmate! So it was, the bright blue dragonet gave a happy warble when Brieteth mentioned getting into the water to play -- oh, maybe he really would have someone to have fun with this day!

Oooh, I don't mind the cold, though I think my rider will. Do you want to play with me? We don't have to go too far in if you'd rather not, pretty blue. I'm Macuith, and I'd rather play before I get scrubbed anyway. Who are you and yours? The little blue's eyes whirled a bright green, and he took a few delicate steps into the water. It was a bit cold, but Macuith didn't mind in the least. It was water, and he wanted nothing more than to swim!

You're awfully big for a blue, you know, and have such a pretty pattern. I hope I can grow just as nicely. He stated admirably, only too happy to have someone new to chatter at as he wade deeper into the water. His wings half-spread, and he started paddling happily around in the shallows, pleased that he cold go a little further out before he had to start swimming than when he was younger.

C'lusi, for his part, was pleased to see that Macuith had decided to get into the water with Brieteth instead of demanding he join right away. Usually, the blue wouldn't go in without him, but he was well aware that it was getting later into the Turn and he wasn't sure the water would be inviting. He didn't recognize E'mel, but that didn't mean he couldn't smile appreciatively at him, and be glad for the offer of help. "Hello there, stranger. It's definitely a good day to be outside," he agreed. It wasn't too cold yet, but not overly hot, either. Autumn was right around the corner, and he knew it wouldn't be long before snow greeted them in the Bowl. He wanted to enjoy the day before they all started having to give dragons baths in ice water.

"Well, aren't you a doll," he grinned, delightedly. "Sure, I wouldn't mind an extra hand, though we haven't all that far to go." He offered E'mel the pail of oil, so he could better juggle the other full of various brushes, paddles, and cloths. "I think just finding a sandy spot in the sun will suit Macuith and I -- though if your blue doesn't want to go too far I could probably make around here do, too." It was a little more muddy than sandy, but C'lusi knew he was doomed to get dirty when it came to cleaning his weyrling. "I don't seem to recognize your handsome face -- I'm C'lusi, and that's my Macuith. We're not bothering either of you, are we?" If Macuith needed to be pulled away from the larger blue, he could call him off, or try to distract him.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:19 am
Was he big? Brieteth found himself seeking the answer from E'mel who took a moment to look at his blue, before shrugging. You're the perfect size. It wasn't an actual answer, but Brieteth took some comfort in it. His was never wrong, even if the blue awaited the day the world would do something to make dear E'mel wrong, and if Macuith thought such nice things too, maybe it was true?

We will be staying for a time, so I can play. It wasn't a confirmation as to if he wanted to or not, however. At the question, Brieteth looked back to the red haired boy speaking with C'lusi, warbling adoringly in his direction. While he didn't look back towards the blue, E'mel sent perhaps an overly excited wave of love to the dragon, causing him to brighten visibly. That is my E'mel and I am his Brieteth. What of yours, Macuith? He recognized the Hatchlings better than their riders, but he had never really been one to discern human faces. They mostly looked the same to him.

As Macuith waded farther out into the water, Brieteth found himself nervously following him into the deeper waters. Mostly out of concern, after all, he didn't have to paddle and what if Macuith needed a helping hand in the water? E'mel nearly laughed out loud at the paranoid concern.

"The final stretch is usually the part where you wish someone would carry everything, though," E'mel suggested helpfully, grin never leaving his face. He'd carried enough buckets of oil in his own run as a Junior Weyrling that it was almost nostalgic. "Well if you don't mind the company, it isn't too much trouble to get him going," at least as far as E'mel was concerned. If he let Brieteth do only what he wanted, the blue wouldn't do anything. Though at least Brieteth was now somewhat enjoying the water with Macuith.

"Nice to meet you, C'lusi," E'mel's grin seemed to grow, permanently affixed to his face, "I'm E'mel and that's my Brieteth. Honestly, even if it was a bother for him, he needs to be bothered every now and then by someone not me." From what he could tell, however, Brieteth wasn't bothered more than the usual amount.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:36 pm
demon_pachabel

If Macuith noticed the blue's nervousness or anxiousness, he didn't mention it, or let that color his interaction. Honestly, the two-toned blue dragon was just happy to have some company now that he was out in the water. He was fearless, and continued to go deeper in to the lake. He wanted to swim, and that meant getting away from the security of the shore.

When Brieteth confirmed that he could stay and play, Macuith's eyes brightened significantly. He gave a happy warble in delight before slipping underneath the water. He swam happily back towards Brieteth, before popping up nearby, and giving another a happy and cheerful trill. Lovely E'mel and handsome Brieteth. Easily enough remembered, certainly. He sent the information to C'lusi, along with his pleasure at getting to make a new friend. My charming and most fetching rider is C'lusi. Perhaps he and yours might become friends? Now that seemed like a good idea to the young blue. As far as he was concerned, everyone should become the most dearest and closest of friends to his wonderful rider.

Besides, if they became friends, then it meant he could better get to know Brieteth, whom he was still happily swimming around.

"Mmm, quite true," C'lusi added with a grin. "How very thoughtful of you," he all but purred in his usual, slightly-flirty fashion. Just because he couldn't act on anything didn't mean he couldn't at least be nice. It was very kind of the red-haired other to offer, and the weyrling was glad to have his load lessened. "I never mind company -- in fact, I'd be quite happy for it. I think just over there will be perfect -- the boys can follow us." He nodded to where the ground was a bit more beachlike -- a little more sand, and a little less mud. The weyrlake wasn't its most inviting today, but Macuith needed a good scrub, and C'lusi wouldn't mind enjoying some of the autumn sunshine with a new face.

He started towards his chosen destination, in no real rush and hopeful to keep the conversation going. "Well, if he needs to be bothered, he's picked the best of them. Macuith's not shy, and certainly isn't afraid to bother anyone." He grinned over at the other. "So how long have Brieteth and you been at the Weyr?" C'lusi liked to think he remembered all the cute boys in the Weyr . . . but clearly, somehow, he'd overlooked this one!

Masterharper
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:56 pm
E’mel tried to not laugh at the constant stream of nerves that came from Brieteth as he ventured farther out into the waters after Macuith. It was like receiving a message that was spoken so quickly it was slurred together. He’s not going to drown, Buddy, E’mel reassured to his bonded, but Brieteth warbled back to him with the ever present - ‘but what if’.

Yet for all of his uncertainty, Macuith’s suggestion was one Brieteth could get behind. Oh, my E’mel is most wonderful. Your C’lusi could never be disappointed to know him, Brieteth agreed and certainly, he would hope that the opposite was also true. But it was not his place to make an assessment on a rider chosen by another dragon. Only his own most wonderful ray of sunshine. He watched Macuith as the little - well, littleish - blue did laps around him, little flecks of green whirling into the constant look of concern the larger of them had.

Is this water ok for you? I thought it might be too cold, he admitted, though E’mel had insisted otherwise in his attempts to lure him into the water. Macuith seemed as though he would enjoy it even if it had been too cold. Oh, to be a better dragon capable of such things! Again, his chosen was quick to start setting in blocks of positive thought to try and keep his mood up. Do you swim a lot? i-I don’t but you seem to handle it really well… Oh, he sounded so dumb.

E’mel just continued to smile as he performed mental acrobatics with Brieteth who constantly needed to be reinflated. It was fine by him, however. His best boy did his best and E’mel would help with the rest. He nodded towards the same spot of sandier shore that C’lusi had motioned to as he shifted the weight of the supplies in his arms and headed off towards it.

“That’s good. If I left it up to Brieteth - bless his heart - he’d probably just sulk on his ledge all day,” which at least he’d be getting some sun, but it was not the life E’mel wanted for him at all. Though Brieteth did spend a lot of time on his ledge, staring anxiously across the Weyrbowl towards where he could see his mother. Really, he’d have to kick his best boy in the rear to get him to say ‘Hi, I’m not dead! Are you happy to see me?’ or something.

“We arrived a little bit after Threadfall began. Our uh…. previous Weyr was very much unprepared and when it came to relocating, I knew I had to pick High Reaches.” Certainly, there were many that had gone to Western with its less traditional ways, but...E’mel couldn’t see that doing much good for a blue that needed structure like a fish needed water. “Were you here before or did you get Searched?”

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:58 pm
demon_pachabel

Macuith honestly had no idea how anxious the older blue happened to be, and was only too content to have a nice, strong, handsome friend to swim with! He continued to paddle around Brieteth, pausing now and then to sleep beneath the cold waters, and to maybe push a gentle wave the older dragon's way. Oh, he is so rarely disappointed! I bet Yours and him will be good friends. We can be friends too. You're an awful pretty, dragon, you know. I like your colors! The happy dragon complimented, turning a bright green eye up at Brieteth as he admired the larger dragon's figure.

I think the water is nice! It's refreshing, don't you think? Mine says someday it'll get colder, and then he won't be able to swim, but I will always swim. I do like the water, but if you don't like to swim we can get out and play somewhere else. He happily chirped. Honestly, it didn't matter to Macuith what they did, so long as he had another's attention. Whoever this older blue happened to be, he was awfully nice, and Macuith could appreciate such a thing!

C'lusi, for his part, was quite pleased to have met a new rider. The red-head seemed amiable and approachable, and those were all quality traits he appreciated. "Aww. Yours sounds like a sweet heart, though! I'm sure if he ever needs a buddy, I have no doubt Mac'll be happy to visit. He's not flying yet, but it won't be long before he can make some visits to the higher weyrs." And oh, that was a day C'lusi could hardly wait for! For now, though, they could just enjoy keeping their feet on the ground, and the opportunities being land-bound could bring.

"Oh," C'lusi's nose crinkled a bit when E'mel talked about their prior Weyr experience. "Sorry to hear that. Thread coming back was...well, I... I honestly sometimes don't believe it is back. It was supposed to be eradicated, ya know?" His mouth pulled into a rare grimace, even as he shook his head, to clear himself from such negative thoughts. Thread was back, and now Macuith and he had a duty to save Pern. It also meant a far swifter possible death, but that was neither here nor there. "I'm glad you guys came over, though. Pern needs all the fighters it can get!" He beamed cheerfully, before reaching the appointed sandier spot.

He started setting down his gear, kicking some debris out of the way so he could lay down a towel. "Well, I... I'm mostly Weyrbred," he confessed with a shrug. "I was born in some nowhere Mining Hold you've never heard of, just outside of Crom, 'riginally," he explained. "My Mum packed up us kids and took us to the Weyr when I was eight. She works in the kitchen now, and we're pretty settled here. My sister's Alumet, a fellow weyrling; and my other little sister will probably be joining Candidates in the next few months here." If his words were proud, it couldn't be helped; he adored Alumet and Lusialu, and had always had a close relationship with them both. He was, essentially, the man of their little family, and after Cahlumet, well...

Honestly, he hoped the man didn't make it when Thread returned. Whether he was alive or dead was not something he cared to look into...but he could hope.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:43 am
A small hwonk of distress escaped Brieteth, eyes whirling yellow. Oh, Macuith couldn't know what he said! Only pretty in hide, perhaps, and in every other way - oh. Oh that was too much. E'mel reached out to mentally smooth down the worries that would have ruffled like feathers if they'd come in such a texture. You're not going to disappoint him, buddy, he reminded. Pretty is all I am, Brieteth admitted to Macuith, So it is quite alright if you decide I am not worth spending much time with. At least he was going to give a warning, right?

The water, though, was still fairly cold. I do not mind swimming, if you are enjoying it. The cold isn't bad, as long as you can get warm again. he stepped around the small blue, trying to not disturb the water much. It is a change from walking all the time - though I wonder, do you look forward to flying?

E'mel watched his lifemate, continuing to brush down his over the top concerns. Order and command and structure certainly treated him well, but when it was left to only his rider, there was some room for all of his feelings to burst out into strange directions. Such a funny thing for him to be worried about. "He's a good boy. I just have to remind him of it," he said, grinning.

As C'lusi gave him a quick rundown of his traveling origins, E'mel nodded, finding a place to settle the things he had taken to carry. It sounded like he had a whole lot here to stand for! "Sound pretty good! Think your sister will be waiting a while or do you think a dragon will scoop her up real quick?" Two out of two available siblings had impressed in a single clutch - clearly there was something desirable there, right? Though, there were also stories of the single siblings who just...aged out.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:56 pm
Macuith continued to swim in circles around Brieteth, pausing now and then to duck under the water and to blow a few bubbles. Getting into the water was never a chore for Macuith--getting him out of it was the real trick. Still, his head popped right up out of the water, and leaned forward to boop Brieteth gently. You’re more than just pretty! Trust me, I would know. The young blue stated with a happy croon, confident that he had all the good judgment needed to make such a claim. Who cared if they’d only just met? I know all sorts of things, and you are nice, and friendly, and can swim good too! You’re very good conversation, and have good taste in great company. See? Lots more than just pretty, though you are that, certainly! The blue dragon gave Brieteth one last boop before slipping down under the water, hoping to pop up and splash them all once they had forgotten about him.

I like to swim. It’s nice to float and splash and swim around. I can’t wait to fly, though! This time, the dragon did pop up again, and as if to prove it, gave his wings a few hard flaps against the water, sending up spray and water without worry or care. I’ll fly super fast, and Thread won’t get me! What about you? Do you like to fly? Ah, the innocence of youth.

C’lusi grinned and gave a nod. “He certainly seems like a good one, but it’s hard to find dragons who aren’t. Impression’s sure something else.” He let his eyes drift out over the water, landing on where his blue was so happy playing and swimming. Even after all these months, the love that gripped his heart was unchallenged in its depth. Without Macuith… Well, they would never be apart.

“Lusi? Oh, I hope she’s found right quick, but I suppose one can never know. It took me six Turns before I found Mac, but Alumet only four. At this rate maybe it’ll take her only two?” He grinned, giving a shrug. “However long it takes. But my Mom never found her match, so even if she doesn’t, that’s okay too. What ‘bout you? Did you find Brieteth immediately or did it take a while?” C’lusi wasn’t shy about asking. Dragonriders did have a tendency to enjoy talking about Theirs, at least usually, and Clusi was genuinely interested to know.

”demon_pachabel”

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out