5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:27 pm
I can't decide... xp  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:40 pm
Depends on what you want.
Elders are leading since they nerfed astrals to hell (we're the bigger team, so we totally deserve to lose, right? cat_rolleyes ).
Leveling is a grind and a half times a hundred no matter what you go with since it's near impossible to kill people and healing is just... 5xp per heal, you need something like 9k or so xp to get from level 6 to level 7 (and the total to get to level 7 is almost 17k).
If you don't care about whether you win or lose, I'd probably recommend choosing by your preferred grants.
Elder is red and has a tiny eye symbol on some of the items (the hat in particular); astral is blue and has a little planet symbol (i.e. each team's icon is what you can expect).
I'm astral, myself, because elder=elder gods=Cthulhu, and I don't want ANY of that.
(Also, I think stars are cooler, and I main astrologian in ffxiv.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:23 am
Queen Spazzy
Depends on what you want.
Elders are leading since they nerfed astrals to hell (we're the bigger team, so we totally deserve to lose, right? cat_rolleyes ).
Leveling is a grind and a half times a hundred no matter what you go with since it's near impossible to kill people and healing is just... 5xp per heal, you need something like 9k or so xp to get from level 6 to level 7 (and the total to get to level 7 is almost 17k).
If you don't care about whether you win or lose, I'd probably recommend choosing by your preferred grants.
Elder is red and has a tiny eye symbol on some of the items (the hat in particular); astral is blue and has a little planet symbol (i.e. each team's icon is what you can expect).
I'm astral, myself, because elder=elder gods=Cthulhu, and I don't want ANY of that.
(Also, I think stars are cooler, and I main astrologian in ffxiv.)

So in the end, I chose Astral because you were in it, and nothing else was really swaying me. It's elementary once more biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:48 pm
Blind Blindness
So in the end, I chose Astral because you were in it, and nothing else was really swaying me. It's elementary once more biggrin

Welcome to the blue side, we have stars. emotion_kirakira
I don't particularly like either team NPC rep, to be honest, and the actual event is.... ehhh, in my opinion (here's hoping the next bit they're supposed to unveil once it's fixed will be cooler than just "PICK A SIDE, WE SWEAR IT'S FIXED, AND BY THAT WE MEAN BROKEN AS ALL HELL, GOOD LUCK, CHUCK *obscene gestures here*" ), but the items are cute.
I have, like, three more levels before I have the stupid hat, the last item grant I need, and leveling is making me want to cry.
And protip, you get xp for kill assists, so if you see an elder, don't be afraid to go ahead and punch them regardless of their health levels.
You also apparently get xp for dying...? I'm not really sure how that works.
I'm not sure about much about this event other than it's not really fun...

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers