{PRP} What was that about? {Mari x Rinis}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:12 pm
Thaliawen

Rinis hadn't been quite sure what to expect during the Touching with the High Reaches candidates attending. Well perhaps she'd expected some noses in the air, but she really hadn't seen too much of that. They were there for the same purpose after all. Everyone who'd come had wanted a chance to touch the eggs and perhaps impress a dragon come hatching time.

She simply hadn't expected things to get quite so..... out of hand. The eggs had certainly been quite active. That was a good and a bad sign, she felt. If they were this active only during a touching, what in Faranth's name were they going to be like at hatching? Rinis decided maybe hiding in the back would be a very good idea this go around.

The young woman had found a quiet spot and perch herself on a low rock. Chaek was spread across her lap as she quietly oiled him. It was a soothing occupation and soothing was exactly what she needed now.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:01 am
Marinel had intended to stay in the barracks that day but his firelizard has had other ideas. He’d ended up following her out and heading towards the beach. The events of the Touching had frightened him, and almost made him reconsider his desire to—no. He wanted to be a dragonrider. He wanted to Impress, fly, and fight Thread. But... Dragons hurting people. He remembered being so stunned. He hadn’t moved immediately after the candidatemaster had called them.

He spotted Rinis a ways away and headed towards her. “Hey,” he greeted. “How do you get your firelizard to listen so well?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:27 pm
Thaliawen

Rinis looked up as a voice called out to her. She nodded a greeting to her fellow candidate. The young woman smiled down at the contented brown in her lap before replying. "It's easy to get him to do something which he likes, its harder when he's not interested." She chuckled ruefully as she patted the rock to invite him to join her. "Mainly its about making them want to do it for you. Usually with a treat or reward after the job is done."

"This actually is because I needed something soothing to do and he was more than willing." She frowned slightly as it brought back memories of the touching. In truth, she'd much rather forget them. Hence oiling Chaek now. "How are you doing?" Perhaps it would be better to share.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:04 am
Mari sat down, listening. “Oh,” he said, and nodded in understanding. “Liasa only listens to me when there’s food involved.” But she did seem to like being oiled, too, the vain creature. “How do I make her—oh I can do that.”

“I’m okay,” he said, after a moment. “That touching was...something, wasn’t it?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:37 pm
Thaliawen
If you wanna conti this? XD

"Yeah I think some of them are easier to train than others. Just keep trying. Eventually they get it." She smiled. Hopefully her advice helped. Chaek eyed the new comer then slowly got up and padded over to see if he could entice the boy for a petting.

Her lips pursed as she considered. "By something, you mean a handful, then perhaps. I can see the hatching getting wild if that's what the touching was simply like." Some clutches were calmer than others. This one was promising to be down right crazy.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:55 pm
Marinel reached out and petted Chaek with a smile. “Maybe you can teach Liasa how to be well behaved.”

“Yeah. I’m really nervous about the hatching after that. A few of them seemed to like me, though.” Even if scary things happened. “Do you think Tally will be alright?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:16 pm
Thaliawen

"I'd be more than happy to try if you're willing to put the work in. Since she's bonded to you, you'll really have to do it. I can coach, but I can't do it for you." She wrinkled her nose. That was the way it had to be unfortunately. Not everyone was interested in putting the time into their firelizards.

Chaek leaned happily into the petting and crooned with delight. He gave a soft cheep, he'd help!

She nodded. "Most of the eggs I met were nice. Though I didn't get to meet the one that screamed, and I'm glad I didn't." Rinis made another face. Some of them made her nervous. Eggs shouldn't scream. Not at all, not inside her head. "I hope they are as nice as they appear on the outside." She gave a shrug. "The healers will take care of her if they can."  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games