Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:10 am
magnadearel

Dorame had failed to Impress once again, but she refused to let the disappointment haunt her. Instead, she decided to make herself useful and serve the drinks, or at least that is what she was telling people. In reality, she wanted to make some connections, meet some new faces, see if there was anyone here worth investing her time in. She knew if she continued to fail to Impress, it was those connections she would fall back upon. Well, that and her craft. There would always be a business when dealing with death; if nothing else.

Tonight the brunette’s hair was loose, cascading over her shoulders in soft curls. Her green dress long, stroking the floor and dancing as she walked. She could clean up well when she wanted to; and despite not being able to Impress at the hatching, she wanted to impress at the feast. So she carried her jug of drink, smiling at people as she walked around the tables looking for empty cups. The picture of happiness, the role she was playing tonight.

The party atmosphere was infectious, and she would be lying if she said she smile she wore was not genuine. Still, some were heartbroken, others lost, others grieving. Not everybody was happy and many were trying to distract themselves from the feelings in their hearts. Is that why you are smiling? She asked herself, knowing full well her lust for tragedy, her affinity for sadness. You are a bad person. A small chuckle escaped her lips, shaking her head at the realisation.

Then finally, she found an empty cup, and she leaned down slightly to get the redheads attention. ”Top up?” She asked, smiling all too sweetly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:41 pm
Z o m b i k ii

Vosin couldn't believe the tasty variety the cooks had managed to put together on short notice, even if everyone had been expecting it for several sevendays now. She worked through her plate and glass of wine. It wasn't long before her wine was empty as she'd found something quite spicy. Her luck was in as a candidate, by her knots, came over offering to refill her glass.

"Yes thank you." Vosin waited for to fill the glass then took a sip to clear her mouth. Being a candidate, she must have been at the hatching, and hadn't impressed. The young woman eyed the candidate. "I'm Vosin. Surely you have someone to celebrate the feast with instead of serving others? We have plenty of help to do that." Her smile seemed just a little wrong.  

magnadearel

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:59 am
magnadearel

“It is a pleasure to meet you Vosin. My name is Dorame.” She introduced herself with a small bow of her head, pouring the deep liquid into the other woman’s cup, smiling as she almost instantly brought it to her lips. The ashen-skinned woman turned to lean against the table, resting the jug on her lap and holding it close.

Dorame did not hail from Western, though the climate here was a lot more comparable to the one she grew up in. She had always found the High Reaches incredibly unpleasant; it was nice to walk down without being weighed down by excessive layers of clothing. It was a shame, though she prefered this Weyr; she knew her destiny was calling her from atop of mountains.

The brunette looked down at the redhead, a vantage point that someone just over five feet tall rarely had the luxury of. Dorame was small, slender like a bird; the kind of woman that looked like a strong wind might be enough to carry her off. “But what better way is there to start a conversation, than offering someone a drink?” She asked, her shoulder rolling into a shrug as she shook her head, curls bouncing as she did so.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:08 pm
Z o m b i k ii

"Good to meet you Dorame. I hope that hatching didn't put you off on being a candidate?" The young red-headed woman looked at the candidate. There were probably some who were wondering if this really was the life for them. Vosin gave a laugh. "That is a good point. If it's conversation you want, sit down and chat." She waved her fork at the bench opposite her.

She could feel Killakeeth watching through her eyes for the moment. The dragon tended to skip from thing to thing as the notion took her fancy, or whatever happened to be most interesting at the moment to her. Vos knew she'd likely shift her attention soon. "Did you have a particular subject in mind?" She was willing to talk while she ate.  

magnadearel

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:59 am
magnadearel

“Well, they say tragedy is the variety of life. It is a shame, but unavoidable.” Dorame shrugged, she was not upset about what happened. Disconnecting emotionally from the event was not difficult; especially when the people involved were not ones the particularly cared about. Maybe she should at least fake sadness? No, faking feelings would seem stranger than someone who was void of them. “We all knew what we were signing up for.” She added, looking down at the other woman with a sweet smile, almost too innocent for her face.

She did, however, take up Vos on her offer of a seat, taking a place next to the Rider. “Not really.” She added, folding her arms across the table top to give her a foundation to lean on. “I am just rarely in Western; it seemed like the best chance I would have to learn a bit more about it.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:12 pm
Z o m b i k ii

"One would hope it's unavoidable." Could it have been unavoidable? What other measures could they take? More training for candidates before being allowed to stand? That sounded too much like High Reaches for her taste. Have the candidates stand behind a line unless they impressed? No that wouldn't work for the dragonets needed to search. Vosin sighed. "Aye, one simply hopes it won't happen.

The young woman indulged in a few bites as the candidate took the proffered seat; which she wouldn't have done if she'd actually been pressed into service by the Headwoman or other kitchen staff as server. So she'd volunteered herself for the job. "From High Reaches then are you? Or newly searched?"  

magnadearel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff