[PRP/Backlog] When white lighting strikes [MiachxA'mylxdrgs]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:14 pm
Miach had spent several moments--maybe an hour--dancing around with Akeroth gently resting in her arms as he was able to visit with his clutchmates to some degree. It didn't take her long to feel thirsty and needed to drag them from the dance floor for something to drink. And maybe something light for the white dragon considering he had yet to eat since hatching. Maybe there was something at the feast table that he would be willing to try? Miach was admittedly very worried about his health considering she had nearly lost him before even having the chance to know him. Not to mention the tiny dragonets causing near chaos in their desire to eat all the food possible. Was this a trait unique to whites? She hadn't been a candidate for very long before the touching and in a day she not only had impressed but moved Weyrs. How life could change in a moment!

"Akeroth, do you want to try something here?" She mentally asked the tiny white that was cradled in her arms, his head resting against her cheek, and a knob nearly inserted into her right eye. From the moment she had lifted him from the ichor stained sand she had yet to put him down. The white appeared unwilling to go anywhere else. Admittedly, Akeroth was in no shape to walk unaided. "There's some berries. They're delcious." Miach attempted to encourage. While it wasn't ideal, if he ate human food then she would consider it a win for the night.

The little white turned his eyes gray-green whirling eyes upon Miach before gently humming to her. "None of this looks appealing. We should return to the music." He said, joy filling his words. Music was something he quite enjoyed. Food seemed to be a lesser priority and with everything hurting, he didn't want to put for the effort to eat. However, Miach's worry was spreading through their bond and it was not an emotion he enjoyed feeling. Especially from her. His was never supposed to be unhappy, worried, or sad. Akeroth loathed the feelings with all of his tiny being. Maybe just one bite? He seemed to grimace at the prospect. "I will try something Miachmine. Just for you."He promised as his eyes scanned the table.

With a loud, audible breath, Miach moved her tiny dragon closer to the table with all the food. "Please try. Anything." She mumbled just loud enough for anyone close by to be able to hear. This was one girl that was completely out of her element. What if she lost Akeroth due to ignorance? The thought visibly shook her. Just the idea of it killed something in her.

Note: Akeroth has had morsels of food, but not nearly enough as he should.
Part of this is Miach's worry and part is due to him not having the desire to eat due to his injuries. RP will for sure end with him eating more and un-rped later in the night he'll snack more too.

Teiha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:22 pm
It had been a lovely feast thus far, all things considered. The shockingly violent and emotional dragonets had all calmed with Impression, and those Candidates who survived were said to be doing well. A’myl and Vee had already visited their dear brother and honorary sister, Zunulth and Amna, and had little else left to distract them from finally making their way to the food. As they neared the table, A’myl saw someone of whom he didn’t know much more than her name and former rank of candidate, but whose face was all but burned into his memory after watching her part in the hatch.

Beside him, Viyanakerth’s pace quickened as he, too, spotted that particular pair. It is Akeroth! The white was in a hurry to see the hatchling, but he slowed up in the last steps so that he would not startle him or his bonded with a sudden appearance. He arched his neck down toward Akeroth, greeting him with warm, encouraging thoughts.

A’myl was there moments later, all thoughts of eating quite forgotten at the sight of the mauled hatchling. So tiny, he mused. Barely any bigger than you were, Vee. Out loud, he said, “Miach, how is he? How are you, for that matter?”

~Kiana_Nala~

Teiha

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:05 pm
Just as Miach was about to give up hope and seriously consider her role as Akeroth's bonded another white and it's rider appeared. Her eyebrows knitted together as she watched approaching pair. They seemed to be familiar. They were obviously from High Reaches but she couldn't quite place their names. Miach blamed it on the stress of having a new dragonet who lacked the desire or willpower to eat. Or was it a bit of everything that had happened today? It was too soon to say for certain, but she was banking on that answer. Her nerves skyrocketed quickly when the pair finally stopped near feet from them. However, her eyes drifted from the young man to his very tiny, yet incredibly captivating white dragon. A white dragon rider. Vi something. And the rider was A'mul? A'yul? No, that wasn't quite right.

Akeroth was intrigued by the presence of another white dragon who wasn't a clutchmate. His eyes continued to whirl a gray-ish green but he lifted his head from where it had rested against Miach's right cheek. When Viyanakerth sent him the warm, encouraging thoughts he wasn't quite sure how he felt. Mentally shrugging, he returned a feeling of warmth, curiosity and unitentionally some of the pain that he projected in waves to Miach. "Who are you?" He asked the white before looking at his rider. "You know Miachmine?" He asked the rider, having zero issue with talking to everyone he met.

Saved from her internal questions by A'myl greeting the tiny dragonet and her. He even asked how she was doing. For some reason that caused tears to quickly well up in her hazel eyes. He wanted to know how she was doing?Where did she even start? Choosing to focus on Akeroth for the moment, not adding to his questions as she had quickly realized he had no filter, Miach took a deep breath. "He won't eat anything." She said, barely louder than a whisper. It broke everything in her to admit to her failure but what else could she do? Akeroth came before everything. "I---I've tried e-v--verything." Miach added, nearly shedding a tear in the process. "Did y--your's. . . Eat?" Miach struggled to speak even with her focus on Akeroth's aversion to food rather than talking to a complete stranger. Rather, a familiar stranger.

Teiha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:19 pm
The experienced whiterider had known the girl would have some strong emotions after what she’d been through, but he wasn’t quite ready for the shimmer of tears in her gaze. Her question instantly transported him back to Viyanakerth’s earliest days: The amazing, otherworldly white creature no longer than his arm, lying near death in the arms of a sobbing fourteen turn boy. It had been a constant battle, and even when one of these scares had passed, the baby barely gained any weight. And he remained far too thin for his entire weyrlinghood. And yet… Vee’s happiness had never wavered, nor had his confidence in his rider. Unexpectedly, A’myl felt the sting of tears in his own eyes.

“When he could, yes. But there were many times when he was too weak. It was… terrifying.” For some reason, Akeroth’s intrusion into his mind made him smile faintly. Perhaps candor was a trait shared by all white dragons. “Yes, I know of your Miach. We hail from the same Weyr—or did, before your much-welcomed arrival.”

I am Viyanakerth. Vee’s eyes grayed as the newborn’s pain touched his mind, and he crooned softly. Tell me, Akeroth, why do you not eat? Your most precious Miach is very frightened for you, and you will not live long if you do not eat something soon. You must try, for the sake of your beloved. And it was true; a newborn dragon’s first instinct was to Impress, then feed, or else between! Even now, ten turns later, Vee could still remember that violent, burning hunger… and being too weak to do anything to stop it. He feared for this little one, as his A’myl had feared for him.

~Kiana_Nala~

Teiha

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:41 am
When A'myl responded to her question there was a very audible exhale that passed through her lips and her shoulders dropped, as if some of the tension in them had been released. While Miach wasn't fully out of her terror that the white might die due to her own issues--it gave her hope that the white rider had experienced much of the same things. And look at his! He had grown to his adult height and looked healthy from her view. "You went through it too." She mumbled with clear joy."H--How did y-y-you get him to e----eat?" Miach asked, stepping closer to him in her exuberant questioning.

The tiny whites interested piqued at the rider's response. They were from the same Weyr? It seemed the rider was happy that his appearance had allowed her move from one to the other. "Yes. Miach was mine from the moment she touched my shell." He agreed, as if there was no doubt of whom he would impress when she had entered the sands. His whirling eyes shifted to the other, larger, white dragon who's mind was touching his. The little white's body tensed momentarily at his line of questioning."I cannot eat. My stomach does not desire food." He responded with a mental shrug. "I do not want to worry mine, but none of this seems. . ." He paused, searching for the right word."It looks awful." He ended abruptly. "There is. . . so much pain." Akeroth begrudgingly admitted to the white. The notion of food passing through his mouth and into his stomach was most unappealing given his current state of affairs. Maybe if some of the pain lessened he would feel the desire like his clutchmates? His eyes shifted to his momentarily before they returned to the white. "How do you eat like this?"

Teiha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:53 am
Viyanakerth’s eyes went a dark blue-gray, torn between affection for and shared pain with the youngling. There were times that I desperately wanted to eat, but was not even strong enough to swallow, he admitted. Sometimes all that A’myl could do was to hold me and pour warm, soothing broth into my mouth, and it would run down into my stomach and give me a little more life.

Meanwhile, A’myl was telling the same story to Miach. “...His eyes would grow brighter, and my hope would just...” He paused with both palms facing up, and raised them to mime the intense growth of faith that words could not express. “And Vee always seemed to know he’d be okay, even though at first it seemed impossible.” The pale rider’s ears flushed pink, both with his own emotions, and the realization that Miach was rather close to him now. To his credit, he resisted the urge to step back into his own personal space, not wanting to give her anything new to be concerned about. “If he’s in that much pain, I would definitely suggest another visit to the healers. He might have needed a stronger dose of numbweed than he let on.”

~Kiana_Nala~

Teiha

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces