Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Creation Apologetics
What Makes an Interpretation Correct?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:56 am
by Simon Turpin on February 26, 2016

Sometimes, after speaking at a church on the subject of biblical creation (i.e., the belief that God created the world in six 24-hour days, that there was no death before the Fall, and that there was a global Flood), I encounter the objection, “But that’s just your interpretation!”

Continue reading: link  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:15 pm
do you have any source that talks about the emotionalism that he mentions on the beginning of the text?

"...Unfortunately, relativism and emotionalism now dominate many minds and affect the conclusions drawn by those who reject the Bible’s teaching on the origin of the world."  

iBarracus

14,300 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:58 pm
iBarracus
do you have any source that talks about the emotionalism that he mentions on the beginning of the text?

"...Unfortunately, relativism and emotionalism now dominate many minds and affect the conclusions drawn by those who reject the Bible’s teaching on the origin of the world."

No I don't. I will keep an eye out for articles talking about this, and if I do I will make sure to remember you. 3nodding

I have some experiences where emotions were given more weight than what the Bible has to say.

On Facebook in a discussion group there was someone attempting to defend their pastor for divorcing his wife and remarrying. Their argument was that he was a genuinely nice guy and that he did good stuff for the church so they believed God had given him permission to do what he did.

Emotionalism as I understand it is deciding that emotions have more value than revealed truth.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:59 pm
Garland-Green

No I don't. I will keep an eye out for articles talking about this, and if I do I will make sure to remember you. 3nodding

I have some experiences where emotions were given more weight than what the Bible has to say.

On Facebook in a discussion group there was someone attempting to defend their pastor for divorcing his wife and remarrying. Their argument was that he was a genuinely nice guy and that he did good stuff for the church so they believed God had given him permission to do what he did.

Emotionalism as I understand it is deciding that emotions have more value than revealed truth.

this example is quite visible, but it isn't that dangerous as when you are taken by emotions and then you start to persuade people to convince them of your point, and of course, putting the bible in the middle of that.

which brings us back to the importance of having knowledge of what is written in the bible(which was mentioned in another recent topic here i guess), so you can stay sharp while seeing such behavior  

iBarracus

14,300 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Creation Apologetics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items