Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Auto exam] Toki

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PyroGoth
Crew

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 am
Zoobey
Y1-> Y2 EXAM STUDENTS ONLY

Welcome to the official Y1 > Y2 EXAM DUNGEON

An exam is necessary to pass from Y1 to Y2 but the exam can either be this self-run dungeon, or you may post for an NPC run exam here if you would prefer NPC interaction! Whichever you choose is up to you, but you must complete at least one in order to grow / post for growth art!

• This exam can be taken either solo or with a friend or two!
  • This exam is taken entirely at your own pace! You can take a day, a month, a year, whatever you want!
  • Have fun with it! This is meant to be a good opportunity to delve a little into your character!
  • You can only do this exam if you have met the necessary RP requirements. This is not a take-anytime-and-use-later dungeon!
  • You do not need to pass this exam, you just need to complete it (and meet the 800 word count requirement) for it to count!
  • You must still post for your exam here; just note that you are doing the exam dungeon!
  • GMs will still check to make sure you've completed your reqs, so make sure you've got everything ready!

Again, an exam for passing onto the next year is mandatory, but now you have the option of doing a self-run dungeon or requesting an NPC run exam! Best of luck to you all!

THE EXAM: HOUSE OF HORRORS (Y1 > Y2)

Each student ready to move from the first year to the second would find a nice, neatly printed letter taped to their door inviting them to participate in a "Non-Mandatory-But-Highly-Recommended-Anyway Test" (or NMBHRAT for short). A location was provided at the bottom of the note (a section of the grounds, just near the forest), and beneath that the words "Come at anytime."

Upon arrival, you would first notice that a peculiar house has been erected. It's not large enough to overshadow any of the dorms by any means; in fact, it seems rather tiny and shabby in comparison, with the door half stripped of its paint, the windows cracked and smeared with dust, and everything looks as though the merest touch will make it collapse.

At first you wonder if you're in the right place at all, but then you notice a little box sitting just outside of the house. Closer examination would reveal a note, written in a loopy handwriting perhaps familiar to some:

Welcome welcome to the House
Please be quiet as a mouse
The House will tell if you are good
The House will tell if you are bad

Think you're up to face the thing?
If you pass it, all will sing
Do your best, oh fair student
I hope your deaths you do circumvent

THE EXAM
THE HOUSE OF HORRORS

The smell is what gets your attention first; like smoke and old wood, it wafts across the air towards you, enticing you onward, pulling you forward, and you reach the little shabby house and the door half hanging off its hinges, practically begging you to come inside.

A sign posted outside reads "Welcome to the House."

At first, you're mildly concerned but upon knocking stepping inside, you realize that the house in question appears deserted.

Well, that's just creepy. But trying to go backwards only results in failure - the door has locked behind you. You're trapped inside, and now you must figure out how to get through the house in order to continue on your quest.

--------------------------------------------

TO GET THROUGH THE HOUSE:

There are THREE MAJOR ROOMS to the House of Horrors. In order to successfully pass through the House and receive your exam credit, you must navigate through all three rooms until you reach the exit, located after the very last room:

• Cutthroat Kitchen

To get through the Cutthroat Kitchen, you need 10 steps. Roll 1d4 and add up the amount of steps you take (i.e. you roll a 3, that's 3 steps forward). You must get at least 10 steps. If you go over ten, that's fine, as long as it's at least 10.

Each number of steps rolled has it's own consequence:
      1 - You open a door in the kitchen looking for the exit and promptly find yourself dunked by a bucket of icy water. Who left that there?
      2 - You trip and fall into a vat of what looks like melted chocolate.
      3 - You step in a pile of what looks like sticky glue on the floor and therefore get it stuck on the bottom of your foot/shoe for the rest of your trek through the House.
      4 - For some reason, there is an entire bin of tiny bones that you somehow manage to knock over, which, of course, makes a terribly loud sound.

• Lurking Library

In order to get through the Library, you'll have to find the right combination of books in order to find the combination. Roll 3d6, and follow the guidelines below:

- 1,1 OR 2,2 as two of the numbers - Looks like you've found some sort of...oops better put that back quickly before a certain cranky Librarian sees you looking at por - (try again)
      - 3,3 OR 4,4 OR 5,5 OR 6,6 as two of the numbers - You pull out a book, and then another, and to your relief you see that the door beyond swings open for you to slip through! (success)
      - 1,2,3 (doesn't have to be in order) - Somehow you get entangled in what looks like a long rope made of paper and spend several moments trying to break your way free, when you notice that in the process you've actually fallen out the door into the next room. How convenient! (success)
      - 6,6,6 Is that a giant spi - quick run for it - (start back in the first room)
      - 1,1,1 You try climbing a bookshelf, rather than pull books trying to find the secret switch, and wind up tumbling over the side rather ungracefully. But hey, look, the...nope, just a shadow (try again)

- If you didn't roll one of these numbers, it means you didn't find the right combination and have to try again! (reroll)

• Bloodcurdling Bedroom

The Bloodcurdling Bedroom requires only one thing - picking the lock successfully to get through the door on the other side. Roll 1d100. You must get above a 65 to have successfully picked the lock. If you roll below, then your attempts were unsuccessful and you have to keep on truckin'.

Upon their exit from the house, a certain mischievous Trick or Treater can be found lounging in a tree on the other side, looking as happy as a pig in mud. He smiles down at you, his grin terribly self-satisfied, and tosses you a rolled up piece of parchment. Opening it, you see a certificate of Exam Completion.

"Congratulations," he says brightly, and flashes you a wink. "You're now a Knob."

PyroGoth rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:35 am
Quote:
4 - For some reason, there is an entire bin of tiny bones that you somehow manage to knock over, which, of course, makes a terribly loud sound.

"Yes, an examination. Examination! Is the connection poor? Brother? Can you hear me?"

Toki barges into the house as quietly and sneakily as she can manage, which is at about the level that warrants the use of the word "barges". The front door might not stay on its hinges for long.

"Yes, I've made it through the first term of school, it is fantastic, and rather easier than one would expect--YIKES!"

Her foot connects with something small and heavy, which tumbles across the floor -- it's a little bin of...bones. They clatter across the wooden floorboards, and lay there like tiny minetraps.

"Oh dear. Well. Perhaps they clean the house after every examinee."  

PyroGoth
Crew

Invisible Cat

PyroGoth
Crew

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:36 am
Quote:

PyroGoth rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:37 am
Quote:

1 - You open a door in the kitchen looking for the exit and promptly find yourself dunked by a bucket of icy water. Who left that there?

PyroGoth
Crew

Invisible Cat

PyroGoth
Crew

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:38 am
Quote:

PyroGoth rolled 3 6-sided dice: 5, 4, 6 Total: 15 (3-18)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:39 am
Quote:
If you didn't roll one of these numbers, it means you didn't find the right combination and have to try again! (reroll)

"Yes, I've made it past the kitchen! Let me tell you, it was the most troublesome kitchen I have ever been in -- Well, not that I have been in many, perhaps I should learn to cook, it seems like a rather enjoyable pastime, anyway, I'm going into the library now. The library! Is the connection poor again? THE LI-BRA-RY--"

A book flies out from the darkness of the shelves, barely missing her head.

"YEEK! I, uh, I suppose one should be silent in the, the library. Yes. I will speak to you later. No, later. Later! LATER--"

This time, the book doesn't miss.  

PyroGoth
Crew

Invisible Cat

PyroGoth rolled 3 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 4 Total: 11 (3-18)

PyroGoth
Crew

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:40 am
Quote:
If you didn't roll one of these numbers, it means you didn't find the right combination and have to try again! (reroll)

"Hmm. Put the books in the right order...what's the right order? Is there a clue? There does not seem to be a clue. Well. I shall just give it a shot! Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say."

She cheerfully starts pulling books off the shelves with abandon, forgetting that you're supposed to put them back as well.

"So many, urgh, dusty old -- OH! Wow, this is...I haven't seen this since I was a child! The library has comics all this time? Who knew?!"

Having spent as little time as humanly (or inhumanity) possible inside the library, obviously not her. Exam forgotten, she sits down in the middle of the row of shelves and proceeds to finish the entire series collection, art book and editor's notes included. The school might consider adding a time limit to their exam.  
PyroGoth rolled 3 6-sided dice: 2, 3, 1 Total: 6 (3-18)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:41 am
Quote:

PyroGoth
Crew

Invisible Cat

PyroGoth rolled 3 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 6 Total: 13 (3-18)

PyroGoth
Crew

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:42 am
Quote:

PyroGoth rolled 3 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 4 Total: 10 (3-18)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:43 am
Quote:

PyroGoth
Crew

Invisible Cat

PyroGoth rolled 3 6-sided dice: 5, 3, 3 Total: 11 (3-18)

PyroGoth
Crew

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:44 am
Quote:
3,3 OR 4,4 OR 5,5 OR 6,6 as two of the numbers - You pull out a book, and then another, and to your relief you see that the door beyond swings open for you to slip through! (success)

"Hmm, not these...not these...what pattern should I use?"

Toki continues down the shelves, tossing books over her shoulder, leaving a trail of literary destruction in her wake. Discarded books line the path she walks, abandoned and crumpled. Somewhere in the library, the staff make a note of her face and start printing "banned" notices.

"Why, I'm almost out of books to remove!"

The staff print faster.

"It appears to be just this last shelf left...onward! Onwards to exam completion!"

With a grand sweep of her arm, she shoves all the books off the shelf. As the last two tomes crumple to the floor, she could swear she hears a faint shriek of outrage from somewhere...but suddenly, a secret door slides open, and anything else is instantly forgotten.

"YESSSSSSS!"

There are no books left to throw at her. She rushes triumphantly into the passageway.  
PyroGoth rolled 1 100-sided dice: 70 Total: 70 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:46 am
Quote:
The Bloodcurdling Bedroom requires only one thing - picking the lock successfully to get through the door on the other side. Roll 1d100. You must get above a 65 to have successfully picked the lock.

"Hmm. Nothing here. What is one supposed to do? And the door is locked...ah! I suppose we are supposed to pick it. What a clandestine examination."

She jiggles the lock one more time, though. Just in case. One never knows when one might just luck out.

"Hmm, alright, let's see..."

Trying very hard to remember those "PICK ANY LOCK!! 100 SURE WIN TECHNIQUES" videos she watched on bootube, she starts whaling away at the door, with a level of finesse once again befitting the use of the word "whaling".

"Nnnrgh... C'mon, door, c'mon c'mon...I thought all you had to do was jiggle the wire around..."

Frustration mounting, she slowly moves from "lockpicking" to "kind of bashing at the handle while pretending to pick the lock". After a few not-so-subtle whacks, she's almost ready to give up when--

"Yesss! Haha! I did it! Go, me! Master lock-pick! No door is closed! Boundless treasure awaits in the human world! One step closer to graduation!"

She runs out the door in triumph, the broken doorknob swinging gently in the breeze behind her.  

PyroGoth
Crew

Invisible Cat

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas