First thing I want to mention is that the sorting hat does have hat stalls. Which we'll discuss hat stalls later on but for now let's toss into our cauldrons the four houses traits good and bad, as well as discuss some of their meanings for now after all we got to debate and discuss this subject for some time.

Taking from harrypotter.wikia.com we'll learn that Gryffindor values bravery, daring, nerve, and chivalry. Slytherin values ambition, cunning and resourcefulness. Ravenclaw values intelligence, knowledge, and wit. As Hufflepuff (Left black but bold to save eyes from yellow.) valued hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play.

Looking at all of these one whom sees in black and white should really want to be a Hufflepuff more not a Gryffindor which gets more love, because Hufflepuff sounds less likely to be evil just as my house Slytherin looks to be more Evil to people who see in black and white because of one word. Cunning.

But what does cunning mean? Well taken from our dictonary it's as below.

cun·ning

adjective
having or showing skill in achieving one's ends by deceit or evasion.
"a cunning look came into his eyes"

synonyms: crafty, wily, artful, guileful, devious, sly, scheming, designing, calculating, Machiavellian; shrewd, astute, clever, canny; deceitful, deceptive, duplicitous, foxy; archaicsubtle.

I'll admit with that we must be bad guys right but hold on, look at the words in the synonyms the word Clever is in there.

Q:But why does that matter, it's still mostly evil sounding right!?

Well you can take it that way but Clever isn't seen as evil is it? Well let's look at it's entry in our dictionary.

clev·er

adjective
quick to understand, learn, and devise or apply ideas; intelligent.
"a clever and studious young woman"
synonyms: intelligent, bright, smart, astute, sharp, quick-witted, shrewd; talented, gifted, brilliant, capable, able, competent, apt; educated, learned, knowledgeable, wise; informalbrainy, clueful, savvy.

Well look there 3 traits from Ravenclaw is part of clever which is part of cunning.

I feel we all dig into the traits more the more we'll learn how all four houses are one in the same making our magical school more interesting and hopefully stopping the prejudice of Slytherin being only for the EVIL people. I end off here to let all look around and discover for themselves.