Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] An Evening in the Marsh (Nefertem x Andromeda)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

While this certainly wasn't the ideal setting for someone with such long fur (particularly around the hooves), he had to admit it was beautiful.

Just on the edge of the marshes, Nefertem stood tall, gazing out over the horizon. The sun was just beginning to start its descent, casting the lands in a brilliant halo of light gold. The sight immediately fixed a grin upon his face; his favorite time of all was that that rest between night and day, and here he was happening upon it in a beautiful location.

Beginning to reflect upon life these past few years, Nef was immediately interrupted by a loud and abrupt "ribbit!" He furrowed his brows, looking around as another "ribbit!" erupted. Soon enough, he spotted a small frog lounging on a nearby log overlooking the water of the marsh. As soon as he saw him, Nefertem chuckled. Of course it was a frog - he hadn't seen one of those odd creatures in some time, now that he'd thought about it.

Lowering his nose, Nef started towards the log slowly. It didn't take long before he cracked a twig and the frog leapt into the water in one swift motion, successfuly escaping what Nef imagined he thought was prey. Hm. Raising his head once more, the stallion glanced around, curious as to what other wonders he might find here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Among the marsh's high grass a mare watched with intent. Her blue eyes focused on the frogs hopping about the murky water, when a rather large figure approached the marsh's waterside she froze completely still. Blue always told her it was best to stay completely still so she'd become blended in to her surroundings. When the figure leaned closer to her favorite frog and surprised it, she suddenly forgot Blue's lesson; popping up from the tall grass then shouted "Stay away from Glenn!"

She emerged from the grass, her giant quad-wings puffing out as if trying to scare off the stranger. This pond was her favorite pond, the frogs that lived there were her friends. They all had names. Yes, all of them. Her long tail began to sway back and forth "State your business!"

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:50 am
Little did he know, Nef had been trespassing on someone else's territory.

When the mare appeared from the tall grass, Nefertem leapt backwards, startled. At first, the other appeared massive, looming over him like some sort of terrifying monster. It didn't take more than a few moments before the stallion realized that it was, in fact, a mare simply trying to protect her lands.

"My apologies," the stallion stated, dipping his head down into a shallow bow. "I did not mean to scare Glenn, I..." He pondered for a moment. "I wandered over here due to the pure beauty of the land, it was not my intention to threaten you... or Glenn." Gulping a breath, still fighting for air after the scare that was the mare before him cropping up, Nef took a moment to take her in. Large sets of wings - he couldn't be sure, but it seemed to be three or four - clouded much of her body, which it appeared was colored aptly, considering how easily she had surprised him. Her tail was long and abnormal - much like his own - but unlike his, did not contain the same typical fur. She was beautiful. Beautiful and fascinating.

After a moment passed, Nef spoke again: "I can leave, if that's what you'd like - I just meant to admire the lands and this beautiful sunset, but I understand if I've frightened you and your... friend," he finished with a gentle smile.

o-Elixir-o

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:29 pm
Andromeda became instantly flustered once all her bluff faded, he didn't run off afraid like her mother had said would happen. Instead he spoke to her and he didn't seem dangerous, even a bit polite which was something she wasn't use to. She blinked her blue eyes watching Glenn hop from one stone to another; her other frog friends didn't seem fazed either they just continued to croak loudly oblivious of the stranger. Well, if her frog friends were okay, then she'd be okay.

Her quad-wings flattened down, she held her head up high so her eyes could meet his unique shiny orbs "If the frogs agree with it, then all is well and you may stay." she said simply while lowering her tail.

"Marshes are pretty?" she blinks, she side glances the high grassy fields and murky waters.

Andromeda had never been anywhere but the marshes, but she's heard some stories from Blue about places with hot sand and a big giant water thing called the ocean. She always longed to visit them, but she never had the means to do so. She quietly looked over the stallion, it was a first for her to encounter another soquili and she wouldn't lie that she was a bit overwhelmed by his presence "Um.." she paused, trying to think of things to say "Your tail.." she blinked looking at it "Is rather different from what I expect..."

Ruler of Everything

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:38 pm
Visibly, the mare began to drop her guard, and it softened the large stallion. He almost let out a sigh of relief, glad he hadn't, er... ruffled too many feathers, quite literally. Watching her gaze, it hopped along with the frogs - Glenn, he presumed, was the one she kept the most watchful eye on, but she seemed to check on each of the visible frogs in the area. Ever the perceptive one, Nef began to believe these small amphibians meant quite a bit to the mare that stood before him. That was only confirmed when she next spoke. At her kind words, Nefertem nodded once again, smiling softly.

When she flattened her wings, Nef was able to get a greater picture of exactly what she looked like. It was peculiar - all the wings and the tail and the horn - much like he was. At her inquiry, Nefertem laughed. "Of course, this place - your home, I presume? - it's beautiful. But I've always been a sucker for bodies of water. I suppose you'd get used to the sight if you are living here," he concluded with a smile.

He was about to introduce himself when he saw her sapphire eyes slide to his odd, almost slithering tail. He flicked it in response. "From all I know, I came to being from a star, so I do look rather unlike your typical soquili... but my tail's not much different from yours!" In fact, hers seemed twice as long - he wondered idly if she had any particular uses for it. "I'm Nefertem, by the way - you may call me Nef if you'd like! What might your name be?" He chose to skip over the fact that her wording of "expectation" in regards to his tail seemed a bit strange, chalking it up to the pretty peculiarity that this mare seemed to embody.

o-Elixir-o

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:25 am
"Ah true, just whenever Blue told me about others like me she tends to describe them a bit differently."

Perhaps Blue didn't know much about soquili, then again expecting an alligator to know about her kind probably was foolish of her. She sighed softly, she felt a bit foolish right now for even bring that up about him.

A star? She blinked, Blue had said she was found under a shooting star. Her ears perked "I didn't know that a soquili could come from a star, my mother said she found me under a shooting star she followed.." but, she wasn't born from a star. At least she thought she wasn't, her parents were long gone before her eyes even stirred, so it was possible.

"Andromeda.." she said with a smile.

Ruler of Everything

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:52 am
Nefertem's head was swimming with questions - more and more each time the mare before him spoke. His immediate thought was that Blue - who seemed to be a different species - was a frog. Perhaps she had been raised by the frogs... no, that seemed silly. Frogs didn't have what it took to raise a soquili. "I don't mean to pry but... who's Blue?" he inquired, figuring she could shut him down if she wanted.

At the star connection, Nefertem smiled. "I knew there seemed to be something special about you - the stars seemed to know it, too," he stated, only now noticing the oddity of her forelegs. They seemed to be floating on nothing in the middle where two joints would be - although he had perfect vision, it immediately made Nef question his sanity. Even so, a mare on floating stilts didn't seem too far removed from the fascinating creature he'd already seen her to be.

"Andromeda, it's lovely to make your acquaintance," he spoke genuinely, smiling all the while. He wanted to ask about the fact that she had never seemed to see another soquili before, but he hesitated, not wanting to be rude. "Do you think you'd mind me staying in the marsh much longer? I'd love a tour, but I don't want to overstay my welcome, nor do I want to disturb any of your friends again..." She seemed nice - he hoped he wasn't stepping too far out of bounds suggesting she show him around. Nef really did find the place to be enchanting, in a... really wet sort of way, he thought, looking down at the large, damp clubs of fur around his hooves.

o-Elixir-o

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:12 pm
"Oh, Blue is my mother." she simply said, she decided best to avoid the conversation of her mother being a familiar. It's not that she was embarrassed she just didn't feel the need to explain. He was some stranger she had just met and perhaps if she saw him again, she'd be more inclined to introduce him to her mother.

"L--Likewise," she bowed her head a little, it wasn't everyday she got to talk to someone like her. So, she thought it best to being as approachable as possible. Her ears twitched at his request, what right did she really have to grant him to something that didn't really belong to her. She gave a light nod "I'm fine with that, I don't mind showing your around." she said softly.

Ruler of Everything

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:12 am
At her response, Nefertem nodded as if he understood. Really, he had trouble conceiving the word "mother." It didn't mean much to him. Kintori, on occasion, would talk about her own mother, but he just sort of nodded through that, too. It was odd, he was told, existing without real parents or a true upbringing, but that was alright. He was plenty content remaining odd.

Observing the mare, Nef noticed the ear twitch before her small nod, giving into his request. He smiled in response, wondering where she would show him first. "Do you have any favorite areas? I know you don't think it's all that beautiful, but maybe there's a place..." he made a motion akin to shrugging his shoulders. "You're the expert!"

o-Elixir-o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:07 am
A favorite place? She thought to herself. There was one such place she knew of but should she show someone she just met her special place? Her face frowned for a split second as she contemplated on what to say next "A special place..." she shifted her gaze, as if she tried to keep a secret but was horrible at such.

The sounds of frogs began to drown out her thoughts and worries, her friends never lie and it seems this stallion was deemed worthy of trust among the amphibians she called friends. She nodded "I know of such a place!" she said softly and then headed north into a thicket marsh; it wasn't wise to travel at night in such a dense location anything could be lurking. Her mother would be quite furious with her if she found out. Still, she decided to oblige to the stallion's request and show him the spot she loves.

Ruler of Everything

Sorry for such a delayed response!!!!  

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:28 am
Nefertem could tell she was hesitant, but soon that was drowned out by a chorus of deep sounds emanating from what seemed to be hundreds of frogs gathered around the two soquili. He glanced around, cocking his head a bit. Before he had a chance to make a comment on it, Andromeda lit up, exclaiming that she knew of a place before starting off towards it.

Not skipping a beat, Nef smiled and took off after her. "I have to say, I truly am amazed you manage to stay so clean amongst all this dampness. It's really a wonder I applaud you on," he mused around while trotting to catch up.

o-Elixir-o
xD Same! Let me know if you just want to drop this; I won't be offended.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games