Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Treats and Tidbits (Tic and Ionan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Muffin_Puppy

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:57 am
Ticene stretched out her shoulders as she walked to the dining hall. She hated archive duty. It was so boring. And stuffy. Why some people decided to devote their lives to being cooped up inside around all those dusty records she would never know. Still, to each there own. It would just be nice if it didn't mean that she had to do it. Outside was far better, in her opinion anyway. Even if High Reaches was cold as a dead fish.

Lunch looked to be stew. Again. It made sense. Stew was good for cold, and for when you were making food for a lot of people. It just wasn't one of Ticene's favourite. As she started to make her way towards the tables, the candidate spotted what looked like a fresh platter of meat rolls. Sidling up she snatched one before quickly speeding away. Finding an empty table Ticene put the tray down and plonked heavily down onto the bench, nose wrinkling slightly as she pushed some stew around with her utensil.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:03 pm
Ionan selected a meatroll and bowl of stew, sighing. He really needed to meet more people. The more people he met, the more he realized he was limited in his social circle. His family was the majority of it, and then other candidates. He didn’t prefer to spend his free time with them.

But maybe... he spotted a candidate sitting alone and hurried to sit across from her. “You’re Ticene, right? I’m Ionan. Can I sit with you?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

The_Muffin_Puppy

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:10 pm
A voice drew her away from poking unenthusiastically at her stew. Lumps of meat and potato in broth. How... alluring... Ionan's arrival was a welcome distraction from it to be honest.

"Hm?" Ticene looked up at the younger candidate. "Oh, sure, pull up a bench." It wasn't like she owned the dining hall. Besides that, she wasn't actually attempting to be alone, so company wasn't an issue. Looking down once more the corners of Tic's mouth fell. It was tempting just to skip the stew altogether and just eat the meatroll. That wasn't really wise though, then she'd just be hungry later.

With her head occupied with thoughts of food it wasn't surprising that a green blur should appear overhead and dive for the table. Claws dug into the wood as the young green skidded to a halt in front of her person. She was scarcely a couple of weeks old. So all the firelizard did was eat and sleep. Cali shuffled as she sat in front of Ticene, tiny eyes darting between the candidate and her bowl.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:38 pm
Ionan saw the way Ticene was looking at her stew. He pushed his meatroll towards her. “Do you want this? I don’t really like them. I usually give them to Kinye, but she’s not here.” He gave her a small smile and a shrug, before noticing the firelizard.

“Hello,” he greeted the tiny green, reaching out to pet her. “She’s new, isn’t she? Almost everyone in my family has one. What’s her name?” She was beautiful, wasn’t she? A lovely shade of green. “Do you like the Weyr?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

The_Muffin_Puppy

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:16 pm
"Are you sure?" It would be nice, but Ticene didn't want to take it from the lad if he really wanted it.

Cali looked back at Ionan, chirping happily. She pushed her small head against his fingers eagerly to get attention. Ticene smiled at the little green, so very very different from her big brother. "Yeah. Her name's Cali." At the sound of her name the green's head pricked up, looking back at Ticene. The girl could feel the intensity of the tiny creature's hunger. Letting out a huff she speared a piece of meat on her fork and held it out to the green. Squealing happily the green snatched the chunk, holding it in her small claws and tearing off pieces greedily.

"Well, it's-" Ticene was interrupted by deep clicking from under the table. She glanced down into her lap and a fond smile crossed her features. With a slight hmm, she caught another piece of meat and held it near herself. A dark blue head darted up, sinking teeth into the meat and retreating under the table once again to curl up in his person's lap with a grumble. "That's Babba. He's not big on people." The only reason he was in her lap was because thread forbid he let that little green usurper be closer to his person than he was.

"What was I saying? Oh yeah, do I like the Weyr. I suppose it's got it's ups and downs. Can't say I'm a big fan of the weather. What about you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:15 pm
"Yeah, I don't need it," Ionan gave Tic a smile. She needed something more than what she was eating, certainly. "You can get extra meat scraps for them from the kitchens," he offered, after a moment. "Especially when they're babies. When my brother Impressed Harper, he was always going to the kitchens."

He smiled. "Hi Babba," he said. Firelizards were so different. They were lovely creatures, which such different personalities. Like dragons, he supposed. "How old is he?" he asked. "I don't have a firelizard yet, but I keep hoping. I know this boy who's got a gold, and maybe when she has a clutch... Or maybe when my brother's green has one..." He hoped.

"I didn't like it when everyone got sick," he admitted. "My whole family did, except me. I just had a cough, but Tass nearly died and T'rel was really sick too."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces