[PRP] What Makes You Tick-Tock Time’s Almost Up [Fal/Dynz]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:55 pm
Gr’del had given him time. Not a lot of time—under a sevenday—but time all the same. It felt like hardly enough to make such a huge choice, but he supposed he understood it. Time waited for no man or woman, and the man had plenty on his plate without the heaping side dish of trouble that was Falienn lately. The fact that time was short was all that had gotten him moving, and the young man had been a ghost just inside the doors of several crafting areas withing the Weyr over the last day or two. But none drew him, not really. And still neither did dragonriding. Had it ever?

Perhaps if he talked to another candidate about why they were there it would spark something in him—his previous motives had been entirely selfish after all, and though self-comfort and preservation were still excellent motivators...it might not be enough now. And now, exiled by choice from lessons, it was harder to find time to talk to those in lessons.

Thankfully he’d spotted one after skulking outside the barracks as evening freetime came on. He...didn’t really remember the name. Sharding between. Whatever, he didn’t have the time to wait for someone he knew! “Hey! Hey, yeah, can I borrow you a second?” He flagged the other male down, wincing when raising his voice to call out ended with a sour, lump-like feeling and the demanding need to clear his throat before saying aught else.

“Tsunake”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:15 pm
Normally, anyone that wanted to bother him during his free hours could piss off, thanks kindly! But as Dynzrak turned his unimpressed, green gaze upon the boy calling his name.... well, he reconsidered. The young man was quite the catch, make no mistake--but that wasn't the reason that a slow, pleased grin began to curl at the corners of his lips. "Now wait a minute," He drawled, letting his eyes linger on the ferocious set of scars left on that otherwise elegant neck. "Didn't you up and leave the other day?" Dynz had certainly been watching--so the fact that the boy was still here made this perfectly worth waiting around for.

Maybe he'd reconsidered? Seems like the Candidatemaster was softer than he first though, if that was the case. He let himself settle back against a wall, folding his arms so he could continue grinning at the stranger all the while. "I suppose the answer is yes. Though if you want it to be more than a second, give me a heads up now."

He'd be willing to make more time for a handsome-if-mauled former Candidate, after all.

ShinosBee

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:21 pm
Falienn didn't even try to hide the eye-roll; of course he'd gone and picked some smart-a** for this. But...that didn't mean he wasn't smiling about it either. It took one to know one after all. "Obviously," he rasped, "What could anyone get done in an actual second? I want your opinion, not wher-dung quality bedsport." Even with all the smoothness of a pile of gravel, his voice carried the clear bounce of humor. Half-humor. He was really never one to turn down some fun, but now was, perhaps, the first time ever that if he was offered either choice, he'd take the one that involved talking. Go sharding figure, right?

"Why do you want a dragon?" He charged ahead, blunt as you like, and eyeing the other candidate up and down. "I mean, really, why? What's in it for you?" He really hoped Dynzrak didn't say some tripe like 'to save Pern'. that was the given reason, but Falienn knew better. Or at least had always thought he did know better. Everyone had their own selfish reasons, and that meant that, deep down, even the ones who really did believe they only wanted to be heroes had alternative motives.

"Why do this instead of anything else?" Why risk your life on the sands or later in the sky? What on all of Pern could be worth that?

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:33 pm
Dynzrak snorted loudly at the response, staggering back with a look of exaggerated offense on his face. "Well aren't you fun at Gathers?" He snipped. Of course, when the other continued speaking, his look slowly grew more incredulous. Why did he want a dragon? Was he serious?

"To save all of Pern." He simpered immediately before he interrupted himself with a laugh. "To be one of the most powerful people on Pern, obviously. Why bother do anything else? Everyone knows that dragonriders are the most important people. And better to die early than old and grey, bouncing shrieking goblins on my knee."

Now he was eyeing the other almost dismissively, because how was that not an obvious answer? "What? Don't tell me you were looking for some noble response that would clear all your doubts and worries. Everyone's in it for themselves. Why else?" Idiot.

ShinosBee

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:23 pm
Had he already rolled his eyes? He had, hadn't he. Well shards. The mock-horror the other male was pulling was worth another go of it, the big drama-bronze. Falienn was a half breath from stomping off when he heard the dreaded 'save Pern' spiel come out, but then, thank fardling Faranth, the other surged on. "No, no, you've got it as backwards as a stunt-white flying full fall. Better a legacy of power than of flesh, right?" He, of anyone, knew how bitter just being born could make a father's son. He'd never really given a thought to having squalling brats of his own, but the thought now held little allure. Surely his father would consider any whelps he made part of his own dynasty, and to between with that.

"Honestly I just wanted to see if you all were brainwashed, and I was the only one standing around going 'uh, what?'." Whatever tension he'd held had swum from his spine like water. This guy, Dynz...was an a*****e. And that was just the right sort of guy to get with over the issue. Assholes told you the truth, and assholes had legitimate motives. It was perfect.

"Dying young's one thing. Mostly I'd just rather die a little bit later than this, that's all. Living, most often, feels good, and who knows what it's like beyond between." A shrug. "But getting older's no more fun than a wher's face is pretty either. Still. Rather go out from too much excitement with too many people during a gold's flight than bloody on the hatching sands." He glanced across the bowl towards the dark cavern mouth of said sands. "Not worried about that, huh? In for an eighth-mark, in for a whole?" It seemed almost too simple. Falienn...liked simple. But pain, the trauma of the other clutch, was still a heavy weight on him. What to do, what to do...

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:03 pm
The redhead tipped his head back and laughed at that, clearly delighted at that stricken expression. "Right, right!" His eyes glinted at the mentioned of brainwashing, and he shook his head with another chuckle. "Nah. It's all about playing along, see? People don't like others that step out of line... but in the end, it all matters what color you Impress, right?"

He'd seen enough of it in High Reaches. Color dictated hierarchy, and damned if he was going to be on the lower end of it. Of course, the mention of a bet immediately caught his attention, and the young man flashed white teeth in another grin.

"Deal. You had a rough go of it, but you aren't dead. Besides, scars are interesting." It was a lofty way of looking at it, but as far as Dynzrak was concerned, it just meant the other boy had been strong enough to survive. "Doesn't hurt that you were good looking beforehand. If you'd been ugly, well, you'd have just been uglier. Now? You've got stories and drama for the ladies."

He leveled a look at the other again, then snorted. "You aren't gonna run with your tail between your legs, are you? Could have been worse. That green could have been yours."

ShinosBee

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:12 pm
Funny how just being jabbed a bit, being prodded and encouraged, taunted almost, could work wonders when you were an emotional young person. It almost made the memory of being brutalized on the sands before...lighthearted. Yeah. Yeah why shouldn't he just show off how he'd managed to survive? What's-his-face, H-name-guy, he hadn't. "Better for that one she didn't pick me. Not very 'ranking', isn't it? Though what with her being at Western and all..." That was still a tangle for another day. He'd originally wanted a green desperately, just to flummox his father, but now? Now he wasn't sure. Any fast moving green unsettled him, but what did that leave? And was it worth the bottom-rung place in society he'd no doubt find here for it? He could always transfer...

"They do love a story. And better this than threadscore, right? That's common stuff, that is." It helped that Dynz had buttered up his ego. He KNEW he'd been a good looking guy before, and still was, minus the scars...but maybe they weren't so bad. Maybe they'd fade in time. Maybe if he stayed healthy his throat would heal too and he'd be back to his sleek silky voice. Probably not...but a permanent husky rasp wasn't the worst thing. As long as it didn't get, well. Worse.

"Tell you what. I'll get back on the sands, and this time, if one comes after me, I'll just shove you in its mouth, huh? then we can both have some lady-killing scars to flaunt." His grin was wicked, and sharp. He probably wouldn't ever do something like that, after all...probably. But he could definitely see spending some time with Dynz, and being shoulder to shoulder to scoff at the eggs when the time came. That might just be a tolerable thing.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:45 am
"Western." Dynzrak rolled his eyes at that. "Just another Weyr that got caught with its pants down when Thread came back. And with a green as Weyrleader." Really, what else had to be said? When Falienn seemed to catch on, the redhead offered a flash of teeth in a a grin. "See? Who else can say that death had them by the throat and they lived? You're a smart lad, you'll spin it so that people will be eating out of your hand by the end of the tale." The charisma, the touch of arrogance that came with knowing he was good looking? Oh yes, Dynz had no doubt that the other could make being mauled by an angry dragonet a stylish, fashionable thing.

He laughed openly, holding out his hand for the other man to shake. "You've got yourself a second deal, then. I don't promise not to return the favor, you realize." Dynz highly doubted it would be an issue. If a dragonet really wanted one of them, well. They were faster and more powerful than any person. Best to just trip someone who was running at let them deal with it.

"With as many idiots they've got crawling through the barracks now though? I'll be shardin' surprised if someone doesn't end up pissing off hatchlings one way or another." Oh, the Candidatemaster could lecture all he wanted: people would continue to be stupid despite clearly stated rules and protocol.

ShinosBee

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:10 pm
His hand was clasped with Dynz' before he could bother to think about it. "Deal. You shove me, I'll trip you. Or someone else, yeah, no, that's it exactly. All these candidates and Western's? No, I'm taking my rest days until then to do cardio. I've seen the stands, and even if you couldn't get to the stairs I'm sure with a running leap you could go up the side." Not that he'd ever be dumb enough to break out in a full bolt away from the hatching...but he wasn't kidding about being ready to dodge out of the way. He could spin his scars as cool, but it was harder to spin a missing hand, or missing eye that way.

"Guess I'll cheer for you too when you find your dragon. You certainly seem confident enough—just keep telling one it's yours and it will be, right?" He shrugged a shoulder. Though actually that wasn't a bad idea. Maybe he could just pick one egg to focus on once they were allowed to touch them. Then at least that one he might know was fairly safe. Still, that way lay the behavior of someone who really did want to be a rider. Did he want to be one? He still wasn't sure, but it wasn't any worse an idea than anything else.

"Just pick myself out a gold that way, and between with anyone who says she can't have me, right?" He shook his head. To think a gold would pick am an was utterly absurd, but at this point that felt just as likely as anything else positive coming from the hatching for him. Ah well. It was so much easier just to bullshit about it and smother his worries with humor.

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff