Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:52 am
User Image

They'd been working hard.

After the failure of their first threadfall and their mediocre showing at the next - really, it was like they hadn't been there at all - Ellain had been putting the both of them on a stricter schedule, if that could even be possible with how strict things already were. When they had spare time, Ellain would insist they go flying. Not for leisure, but to practice turning just so and to make sure Varionnith had a proper workout if Ellain had deemed the day's drills were not quite enough. Varionnith dealt with it as she usually did - after all, Ellain knew best! - but it was certainly exhausting on the green. Oh, her body was fine, she was used to the exercise, but working all the time was so utterly boring.

Luckily, Varionnith knew exactly how to get them both to relax.

Ellain was walking down the halls after the evening meal when she felt... something. It was like a combination of warmth and tension that she couldn't really place. Startled, she stopped and focused her thoughts on Varionnith just to be hit by a blast of what could only be flightlust. Oh... oh no. She knew the day was coming, especially at Vari's age, but she still didn't feel ready. How could anyone feel ready for this?

Varionnith?! She thought to the dragon, her mental words coloured by alarm.

It's all right, Ellainmine, the green replied, trying to soothe her rider. I will make sure we both enjoy ourselves! Suddenly Ellain could see through Varionnith's eyes as the green leaped from her ledge to find a creature to blood. Ellain gasped and had to brace herself against the wall. Shards, she would have to get somewhere safe soon before anyone else noticed her predicament!

Once that was done, Varionnith once again looked to the sky, then rose up to meet it. Her vibrant green hide shone, highlighted by the oranges and purples that coloured the evening. She trilled, then let out a mental call.

Oh woe, poor Varionnith is all alone! Won't someone come out to meet her?

-----------------------------------------------------

First time running a flight, so please be patient with me. 8D This will officially begin on Monday, June 18th! So get your chasers ready.

We're going to use the good ol' stat system that everyone keeps stealing from each other.

Rules/Info:

- Any dragon in or around High Reaches Weyr can participate.
- Rolling an entry, but not filling out an RP post halves the points.
- Not rolling an entry before the time limit results in a 0
- Please track your own rolls.
- Ellain is open to spending the flight with a man, but only if he can track her down on time. Vari is open to being chased by any colour.
- Each round will last 2 days or until everyone has had a chance to roll and fill in their posts, whichever comes first. There will be 4 rounds.
- At the end of the rounds, I will roll between the top 3 scoring dragons, and perhaps another or two depending on how the rp plays out.
- If you match her roll, you automatically catch her and end the flight early.
- Dragons who wish to chase one another are welcome! Those who do not catch Vari are also free to catch each other. ;D
- Please, no NPCs this time. You may enter with an unaccepted dragon/rider pair, however. Scratching this to encourage participation!

Varionnith's Stats
Rising Green: +50
Less than 5 turns: +2
Average/Normal: +5
Blooding Bonus: +5
Total: 62 points

Strength: 9
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 20
Stamina: 11
Wits: 8

---

Getting your Dragon's Stats

Bronze: +35
Brown: +40
Blue/Green: +45

Bonus points:

Between 6-20 turns: +10
Between 21-35 turns: +7
Above 36 turns: +5

Rotund/Lazy: +0
Average/Normal: +5
Fit/Motivated: +10

HR Dragon: +5
Weyrless Dragon: +5
Tarot: -5  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:32 am
R'kesh and Brown Avroth

User Image

R'kesh will not be chasing women down, he'll be in his Weyr, keeping himself busy

Avroth had been watching the Tarot clutch youngsters closely, keeping an eye on them and he had almost... ALMOST chased the greens so far but he hadn't been around for one, he and R'kesh having been drilling hard. The second he'd seen the internal interactions among her clutchmates and had decided not to interfere, there were affections he wasn't going to get in the way of, had been pleased mostly with the Green's happiness at the end.

Once again he watched, as the swirl marked green chose her prey to blood.

"Dear Varionnith, fear not for you are not alone, i am here, i, who average brown that i am, almost caught your golden mother, might i be worth of catching you?" he called back.

Base points for brown: 40pts
- Between 21-35 turns: +7 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
-A High Reaches resident: +5points
=57pts

------

Strength: 12
Speed: 10
Dexterity: 8
Stamina: 15
Wits: 14  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:47 am
User Image

One thing that Shoggoth didn't mind about living in the Weyr was the company of other dragons. Well. Sometimes. She loathed the golds and bronzes with a base distrust, but most of the greens and blues were not too bad. Usually. Sometimes. When they weren't too loud or touchy. The hatchlings, weyrlings, really, had been interesting as well. She'd never seen any before. She had been one, of course, but at the time she and her brother had been alone. Nothing to compare to. Seeing them so small was strange.

They were all well and grown now though. And one after the net, the greens among them had risen. Shoggoth herself had never been much of one for flights. Pickings had been slim, after all. And for whatever reason, she found the thrill of the chase was more exciting. She was ever a violent creature, and hunting her quarry felt better than being stalked.

So this time, when a shimmery dark green leapt into the sky, she slid her bulk from her ledge with a rasping rumble. Where are you going now? She felt her rider's mind clawing after her, wrapping around, and sinking in. Her Peresa was ever a creature of passions and high blood. She had denied herself too long since coming here. Get yourself a male, if you like. Or a female. I plan to. The green was happy to indulge the desire for a partner. It might not last beyond the morning, but that suited her fine. If the green was up to snuff though, maybe, perhaps, she would keep her all for herself.

You called, sky-sister? Come into my claws and I will hide you away from all others, she cooed, eyes flickering red at the brown that had beaten her to the chase.

-------------------------------------------------------------

About Shoggoth:
Pros: Versatile, committed, protective, resilient.
Cons: Wrathful, possessive, base, violent.

About Peresa: A cranky b***h, but also hiding away in her weyr, so no need to worry about her.

SHOGGOTH'S STATS
Blue/Green: +45
HR Dragon: +5
Total: 62

Strength: 17
Speed: 13
Dexterity: 10
Wits: 7  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:39 pm
User Image

One of her straps had busted. It was to be expected, the pair was so often around the water that the salt from there likely had been eroding that strap for the longest time anyway and it just chose that time to happen. It was the most unfortunate of timing through and through though, as she had nearly been thrown from Itharath's back and had only managed to catch herself by wrapping around the slim dragon's neck. Her speed demon was by no means so focused upon himself and the speed that he hadn't noticed and without much pomp he'd demanded the correct image and they'd hopped quickly to High Reaches. Home to some of the best crafters that she'd come across, even if Moak was not at all interested in joining.

Was it probably against some rule? Sure. But her marks spent just as well as any other's certainly and they'd never given her a hard time about it as a rider, since it came down to her safety and the comfort of her dragon. That had been a day ago and Itharath was so bored it had been niggling at the back of her head for hours. It had ended up so bad that Moak had actually searched out the nearest bar in the interest of drinking away his whining, but even she could feel his hearts begin to hammer and rush.

"Go go go, pleeaaase distract yourself from your 'boredom' you hard headed baby!" Moak yelled, turning heads all around her without a care in the world.

As if she'd needed to ask even. Itharath's body bunched up and he burst into the air like a streak, eyes twisting a dizzying dance of blue and purple as he went to chase after the dark green that was rising high into the air above. Lady, lady. Lovely lady, with markings that dance like the wind! Dance for all and twist and fall for only one of us can win! He sang to her, a silly song certainly and full of his excitement and usual playfulness, as he rose on dark wings to meet her.

--------

About Itharath: A speed loving flash of dark dragon, he's thin and ropy and loves to go faster faster faster into the sky.

About Moak: A hard hitting explorer that loves to drink and fight, she won't be doing much other than drinking unless someone can find her and drag her out. XD

Itharath's Stats

Blue: +45

Total: 70

Speed: 20
Dexterity: 17
Wits: 9

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

ChaosTheories generated a random number between 1 and 34 ... 18!

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:57 am
Varionnith beat her wings with confidence, observing the dragons that had come to meet her call. Her eyes swirled purple and blue, and she sent a mental caress to each of them, feeling affection for each and every one. Oh how beautiful they all were! They were all perfect, shining individuals, and she wanted to see what each of them could do.

A brown, worthy of a gold's attention, coming to catch me? You flatter me so! She said to Avroth, sending him the words with a hint of amusement, like a mental smile. But can you keep up? I'm a different kind of dragon.

Then she quickly turned her thoughts to Shoggoth, her words dancing around the green like a nimble creature. Hide me away? But what if I do not want to be hidden, but to shine for the entire world? She sent, teasingly. Your wings will have to be great indeed to hide me.

Finally, she addressed the blue, her joy at his song evident in her thoughts to him. Rhymes, rhymes! Can you twist and turn the same way and be mine? She mimicked, with a mental giggle. It wasn't a very good reply, but it entertained her all the same and she hoped he'd find amusement in it too.

To all, she called. Oh my, I am no longer alone in the sky? What to do but fly?

Despite how close to the ground she was, Varionnith suddenly dived. Her claws could almost brush the ground before she fanned her wings and shot ahead fast, fast as she could go.

Ellain, through their link, could see obstacles coming up quickly. Rocky terrain and trees. The rider panicked and yelled at Varionnith to pull up, shards, pull up! It wouldn't be much of a flight if she or her suitors got themselves killed! She let out a vocal scream that no doubt would have gotten the attention of anyone passing through the hallway, then clamped her hands over her mouth. She had to get away somewhere safe and fast.

Luckily, Ellain's panic had blasted through Vari's flight lust and the greens eyes briefly shot yellow before she used her momentum and angled her wings to go up, up, up.

Roll for Speed + Dexterity!  
Hattaki generated a random number between 1 and 37 ... 9!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:37 am
A whoop of happiness released from him as he shot higher and higher towards her, finally edging off and twisting about to watch how she reacted and moved. The mental carress had him almost preening, that paired with her words was enough for him to dance and flutter his dark wings in joy a bit. Itharath never got to chase very often, so rarely was he nearby any rising females since he spent near all of his life out around islands and near the water. So it was brilliant and just a lot of fun when the females were so nice and played along with him! Quickly he twisted to follow after her motions, his body twisting around and really dancing for her now that he was up close enough for her to see his motions.

Oh but you deserve all the rhymes and every song! Fly fast and high and we'll chase along! With that he dove after her, hearts pounding with the thrill of her dive towards the ground below. She was fierce and she was brave! What a spritely one that he had found today and he just couldn't wait to continue to follow after her at all! With a twisting motion Itharath spun and just barely missed contact with the ground as she pulled up and shot back towards the sky.

This would be the most interesting and fun flight he'd been in to be sure! The last green hadn't been this fast or this acrobatic and daring!

Far down below Moak had ordered not one more drink but two more on top of it so she could drown herself from his goofy feelings and all the things running through her. Forehead pressed into the bar, one hand wrapped around the empty glass she'd just thrown back as if it were only a shot when it was a full glass of alcohol, the woman grumbled.

"Of course he's excited, he's an absolute riot up there. Why not try to smash himself against the ground? Wouldn't make any sense if he didn't, right? It would be soooo boring if he just flew straight!" Moak's mutterings were purely for herself but loud enough that those around her were likely laughing.

--------

Itharath's Stats

Round 1: 9/37

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Revel1984 generated a random number between 1 and 18 ... 3!

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:57 am
Avroth have a mental grin when Varionnith replied, "Ah sweet Varionnith i should hope you are, you are You and not your mother after all" he answered, watching as a Green rose to chase, then a blue, he growled slightly as he recognised Itharath, that meant the blue's rider was around. He hoped R'kesh wasn't making his way towards the alcohol again... but even Avroth had to admit, he wasn't as bad as he used to be. Thanks to C'vi. He shook his head and dived for the green, what was she doing?! ... Itharath managed to just scrape the ground and get ahead, while Avroth landed with a thump, barely missing a beat though, he took off straight behind them. Wings pumping hard as he didn't have the same kind of turning speed a green or a blue did.

R'kesh was pretty sober, but had been going over the issues and why the recent weyrlings ... or some of them anyway .. hadn't made it through their first Fall. He rubbed his eyes and put his scroll down, looked around for C'vi but didn't see any sign of the 'friend' who had been looking out for him a lot recently, he'd grown to expect to see him around so when for once he wasn't, his feet took him towards the bar, where he spotted a familiar face. "Moak!, not seen you around in a while, still living the weyrless life or you decided to come settle down?" he asked, full well knowing that, even though he pushed it away, Avroth had noticed Itharath, around the same time he spotted Moak and figured the reason the other was here. "You buyin'?" he asked with a chuckle he didn't feel. He felt the drawing away from Avroth, hated hurting his dragon but he couldn't help it.
---------------------------------------

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 27 ... 5!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:15 am
Shoggoth roared after the retreating green, her larger bulk not quite as agile as she dove after her. Wide wings to hide the world away. If you let me catch you, that is. She was a possessive beast, that was sure, and though her hearts were guarded, perhaps she could ensnare this pretty little thing. Another treasure to tuck away for only herself.

Of course, the ground rushing up to meet her begged to differ. Where the blue whizzed past, and the brown ended up landing for a moment, Shoggoth attacked. Claws flashed out, already doomed to scrape the ground, and raking furrows in the dirt and stone as she took her revenge for the too-close call. A tinge of red slipped through her maroon eyes, but then all was right again as she gained a bit more altitude, fixated on the shimmering green beacon that drew her onwards. Invisible against her green claws, a few drips of ichor splattered down onto the ground. Shoggoth never minded a bit of pain—it would spur her on to help make up the lost ground. Hopefully.

SHOGGOTH'S STATS

R1: Speed+Dex: 1-27 (5)

TOTAL: 5  

ShinosBee

Nerd

ChaosTheories generated a random number between 1 and 31 ... 21!

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:22 am
Varionnith snaked her neck back to look at how the other dragons were doing, feeling a bit concerned for them. Perhaps that move had been too risky! This was her first flight, so she didn't really know her limits yet. A slight twinge in her wing from the strenuous moves told her that she would have to be more careful. Still, the thrill of the dive had her hearts pounding and her joy soaring. It was great to be alive!

She spun and swerved through the air, flying forward and rising a little higher into the sky. Come, suitors, come into the evening light!

Varionnith shared more affection and delight with Itharath, his words continuing to inspire her to reply in a similar manner. Sweet Itharath, you flatter me so! Now show me what else you know, she said, not minding one bit that her rhymes were silly.

To Avroth, she sent a feeling like a grin, then a chuckle. My mother is a gold, so her skills differ from mine! Are you able to adapt? She questioned, laughter in her mental voice. The brown certainly seemed ambitious, but she refused to be seen as second best to a gold when it was her flight.

Then she clicked her tongue at Shoggoth, wishing to tease the fierce green. If you injure your poor claws, how will you be able to hold me in flight? Varionnith asked, though she couldn't quite hold the real concern she had for the damage she had done to her claws. I happen to like the world; try to convince me to hide away!

With her words, Varionnith began to weave complex patterns in the air. Sometimes she would drift closer to her suitors, taunting them to reach out claws to try to grasp her, before floating away on a stream of air, leaving them hanging.

Meanwhile, Ellain stumbled through the hall. It was hard to keep with her dragon and navigate the weyr at the same time. How did other riders do it? She had experienced intense, consuming emotions from Varionnith before, but this was much longer lasting. Naturally it would be, but Ellain had not expected this level of intensity. No wonder some greenriders hated it when their dragons rose. At least, it seemed she would be left alone. She wasn't sure if she was ready to meet another rider... privately... yet.

Roll for Dexterity + Stamina!

Round 1: 18
Round 2: 21  
ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 12!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:59 pm
Shoggoth twitched her claws, drips of ichor flecking off. Still plenty strong to catch and hold you. And you are lovely and dark, and would look good within my claws. The green was sadly not very good with soft or wooing words, but her wings were strong and capable. She twisted after the rising speck of green, creeping closer (though still not nearly close enough!), ever closer. She rumbled as either blur or brown drew near—her tone would have been well more bitter if either had been bronze, but these, perhaps, could be tolerated. Provided they stayed out of her way. Why waste your time being a tiny piece of the whole world when you could come to me? Come to me, and be the center, the entirety of my world, pretty green.

SHOGGOTH'S STATS

R1: Speed+Dex: 1-27 (5)
R2: Dex+Stam: 1-25 (12)
TOTAL: 17  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Hattaki generated a random number between 1 and 32 ... 11!

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:27 am
Though Itharath was a weyrless dragon and rather wild by personality, if only in respect to how fast he enjoyed going and how little he enjoyed the overly abundant company that often came from Weyrs, he wasn’t a monster and worried yellow eyes flashed back towards Avroth. Of course there was nothing that he could do to help him shy of leaving the flight altogether to fly support underneath him and that wasn’t happening as Varionnith was already dancing for them. Slowly the purple threaded back through the yellow and overcame his eyes as they turned towards the dancing green beauty once more. It seemed as though the larger brown wasn’t overly wounded for he was still giving chase as it was, but the little blue couldn’t help but shoot him a thought of support before pumping his dark wings hard to get closer to the green he had followed.

Sparks of blue danced and dotted across his purple eyes as she sang the rhymes back to him, clearly enjoying them even if he had only been having fun, which of course made everything even more fun! Oh beautiful daughter of the winds who dance, greenest beauty in the sky will you give a blue a chance? Each time she danced close enough to him for his claws to reach out, Itharath gave a laugh, trilling with his amusement and almost before he could help it he was dancing in dizzying patterns to follow her, his wings folding and tucking tight to pull off rougher versions of the intricate designs her wings wove to match her markings. With each motion he felt his hearts rise and fall appropriately until he felt as though he were chasing the winds of the ocean itself. It was beautiful and so was she!

Groaning her annoyance at her dragon, Moak lifted her head when she heard her name, something rather uncommon when she was in a Weyr of any sort, though even less so at High Reaches of all places. If anything those at Southern or Monaco Bay were far more likely to recognize her scarred face. A face swam into her field of vision, blurred along the edges as she’d already managed to down more than three drinks herself. “R’kesh! Yer still suckin’ air in those lungs, eh? Thought the beast mighta finally grabbed that tail a yours.” Moak smacked the man’s shoulder with a large hand, though there was very little force behind it since she’d known him for some time and drank with him on more than one occasion with no regrets. Though he might have witnessed her knocking the teeth out of a person or two… or six. “Nah, there’s still too much a that ocean out there, gotta find every piece of it before I think on somethin’ that ruddy foolhardy. Thread come back, can’t leave ‘less we croak it? Itha’d have my guts for lunch, best trust on that!” Though she wasn’t in the habit of buying drinks for anyone, the blue rider raised a hand to the barkeep and pointed downwards to R’kesh, her motive in doing so clear. “So Avroth’s chasin then is ‘e?”

Revel1984

--------

Itharath's Stats

Round 1: 9/37
Round 2: /32

Revel1984 generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 6!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:21 am
Avroth didn't dismiss the green chasing, knowing that Varionnith would make her choice as she would. His grumble at thee unafilliated blue cut short as the other gave him some silent encouragement after his hard return to the ground. Instead giving a grunt rather than a growl. These non weyr dragons weren't all bad, he just wished they would work with the weyr to defend against Thread. Being brown however, he wasn't able to pull off the finer dancing manoeuvres that the blue, or the greens were doing, but he did his best to dance in the air.

R'kesh chuckled, "Still breathin, despite my friend C'vi's worries" a flash of guilt spread through his gut but he forced it away when Moak slapped his shoulder. He knew how strong the woman could be, that he could have been sent flying into the counter at the surprise gesture. He didn't mind weyrless so much, long as they weren't causing trouble for folks. He winced at the mention of his dragon though, who had drawn away from him already, keeping his mental distance, something normally for private moments between people. "Yeah.... " he sighed, rubbing the back of his neck "He aint happy with me as usual" nodding a thanks to Moak for the drink "next one's on me"

Hattaki

---------------------------------------

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50