Submit

DT Tricky

Hardcore Shapeshifter

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:32 pm
Herro, all. I am DT Tricky, and I am searching for one-on-one RP partners. I am 24 years old, but that does not mean I will not RP with people under 18, especially since I have been RPing in some form or another since I was 11, writing my own stories for about the same length of time. Earlier, if you count my childhood acting out of scenes from books or movies how I envisioned them to be or should have been. I will say this early on: I do not need romance in an RP to be happy. I've had more than a few dozen fall to stagnation either plot-wise or pacing-wise because the romance was all that was focused upon when no other ideas would come forth or someone was feeling lazy. I'll take equal share in the blame of that, as I have romanced myself into corners even in personal writing sometimes. That being said, I am not opposed to romance being an element of the story, as long as it does not become the sole plot point.

I am a writer, not an artist; you won't find all kinds of pretty images or face claims dominating my posts. I make pictures with words: imagery, character descriptions, metaphors and similes. Bold and Italics are about as frilly as I get as far as making a post look pretty. If I am writing for multiple main characters at once, I will gladly use colors to differentiate. At the same time, I don't expect a chapter per post; that's not an RP, that's a book.

Doubling, as it has come to be called, isn't mandatory, but it should be a thing you think about; if you only have one(two in an RP) main characters in the whole story, it gets rather stale, rather fast. Secondary main characters are a thing, and they can be brought in at almost any time. Just look at all the shenanigans that Seamus Finnegan, Dean Thomas, and Neville Longbottom get into in the Harry Potter universe, and they get, what, ten lines of dialogue each per book usually? They still stir the scene up, and add character to the background of the world.

I do not mind people who suddenly drop an RP; being of a situation where I don't always have access to the internet, I can understand. I would appreciate a little warning sometimes, but I won't go off on a trolling spree if someone stops replying suddenly.

Beyond my little rant above about romance, genre isn't that big a deal to me. I can do horror, I can do adventure and action, I can do comedy. I have a laundry list of fandoms that I enjoy, some of which I will list in my next post. I also enjoy original ideas immensely, being an aspiring author myself. Many of the original RPs I have done have given me great ideas for the stories I write, though if I intend to take something directly from the RP to add to my little Multiverse of stories, I will ask permission.

tldr: Not looking for a lot of romance in an RP, am lazy lit, and wanting to have fun writing with new people.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:34 pm
Anime/Manga Fandom cravings:
Pokemon--Anything before Gen 6/7, as I haven't played anything from the 3DS era onwards, and as far as the show, the last time I saw Ash, his Charizard and Iris' Dragonite were having a little showdown in Unova. Like most who do a Pokemon story, I prefer OCs, and love the idea of hybrid Pokemon, like a metallic Larvitar who came from Tyranitar and an Aggron.

Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist--I love the manga, and have seen the first season of the anime. That said, I would prefer OCs and a Branch other than Japan for this, as the anime and manga split off pretty heavily very early on.

Nanatsu no Taizai--Like above, read almost all of the manga out so far and seen the first season. Again, would prefer OCs in a different region, but that's more because the characters as they are in the main serial already have pretty firmly rooted stories to them, as well as character depth and development that I haven't seen in a lot of shows.

Naruto--Love the manga. Love the anime. Will do just about anything with this, as I'm already writing a-thus far-35 chapter fanfiction about it. Will do any time, from original, Shippuden, even the Lost Years between the two.

.hack//--See above, minus the fanfiction being written about it. I have the entire video series, from SIGN to Beyond the World, including GU Trilogy, the Japanese-only movie. I've read almost every manga serialization, including 4koma. I loved Ryou Misaki as both Sora and Haseo, and if I could afford it, I'd have gotten the remaster/continuation of GU for the PS4 already. I have several OCs that I use in this fandom, but am always willing to make a new one.

--------

Book Fandom cravings:

Artemis Fowl--Read all 8 books, read the graphic novel variants. Love the concept, especially that the fairies don't consider magic and science the same thing, yet apply scientific laws to the magic. There is plenty of room before, during, and after the series for OC shenanigans and interactions with the main cast; I always liked the idea of Arty having at least one friend besides Butler...who just happens to be magical. Whether the criminal mastermind knows or not varies.

Rick Riordan's works--Percy Jackson, Magnus Chase, the Kane Chronicles, Trials of Apollo...yes please. There is plenty of open room for expansion of the lore, and plenty of space in the US and other countries for OCs to come from.

Harry Potter--First actual book I read when I was 5 was Sorcerer's Stone. I have been in love with reading fiction ever since, and collected the entire series a total of three times now: Paperback, hardcover when my paperbacks got ruined in a flood, and ebooks when I moved for college and left my books to my sister and her children. I've been craving a Marauder Era story for ages, but everything seems to either revolve around the convoluted idea that the Marauders were gay for one another, or the OCs are just obsessed with the popular gang of boys. Where's Lily Evans calling James a prat and an arrogant toerag?

Garth Nix's Keys to the Kingdom--Arthur Penhaligon is my hero. He becomes god, and regrets it. He gives his inner child a chance to be...not mortal, but normal, in a way. The whole series feels well put-together, and there are few discrepancies between books. The timeline is a little wonky, as it's never said exactly when it takes place, yet the Denizens of the House wear and behave like it's still the Victorian Age.

Marvel/DC--I knew we'd get here eventually. Before the movies and TV series, which I also love, Marvel and DC were books. Comics, actually, but nonetheless, there are decades of histories, lore and lore changes, retcons and reimaging. This leaves a great deal of room for OCs, whether it's a mutant joining the X-men, a new Robin for Batman Beyond...the list is as endless as the number of Earths in each universe. Hell, I'd be willing to do a Marvel vs. DC RP, even.

--------

Video Game Fandom Cravings:

Final Fantasy--I've played the entire main series, 1-15. Beaten all but FF8, and that was due to an accident that broke my discs. What-ifs, AUs, epilogues/prologues, whatever it is, I'd probably do it. 9 and 15 are tied for my favorites, but I'd even be willing to do something similar to the Dissidia series, of which I played the handheld versions, but haven't had the money or time to get NT. Even Kingdom Hearts, which is technically its own entity, but draws on aspects of Final Fantasy games, is big on my list of loved games. I have OCs aplenty for this.

Devil May Cry/Onimusha--Played every game of both series, and despite the look of it, am actually looking forward to DMC5. Capcom should consider either remastering or making more of Onimusha, but that's not what this is about. Demons corrupting human souls and killing innocents until some badass, usually in red, saves the day...that's what this is about. Would love to do a mixed world of the two, basically that the Genma are just demons who found another way out of hell through Japan, and Sparda knew nothing of it.

Will add more as I think of them, including a movie/TV fandom craving section.  

DT Tricky

Hardcore Shapeshifter

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items