Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:20 pm
User Image

The house resides deep within the Enchanted Forest and unless you already know how to get to his home, it is a place few could ever hope to reach without some luck or without some assistance from Falcron himself.

The House is built within a rather large tree, inside there is a spiral staircase that goes along the west wall of the tree to two other floors. There is a second set of stairs that are behind the first set that goes down into a root cellar. The main floor has a modest living room with a fireplace on the east wall, attached to the living room is a dining room with a table that can support up to eight people. The living room as a couple of chairs resting in front of the fireplace with a table nestled between them. behind the chairs is a couple of couches facing each other with another table nestled between them, a fine red rug with gold lining covers the area around the table. off to the side is a few bookshelves with a fair amount of books on them, scattered about the living room and dining room are end tables of fine quality are scattered about the room, some with lamps on them others with potted plants, some with flowers while a few have herbs in them. Next to the fireplace is a door to a small kitchen. the second floor is a study area with a fair few bookshelves filled with various books as well as a desk, storage containers, and a small table with enough room to allow for two people to sit at it. on the top floor is a bedroom with a large bed rests by the north wall, to the right of the bed is a door to a small balcony. The bedroom has a rug in front of the bed in the center of the room with a chest resting at the end of the bed, to the south wall is a dresser, as well as an armor rack and weapon rack off to the side of it, is a desk with a chair, a bookshelf with a couple of books on it, and a couple of end tables with Lamps on them. In the Root Cellar is modest space to support a wine rack, a few chests with various things as well as enough containers to store food in them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:46 pm
Knowledge is power.

User Image

Falcron Camoth

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The enchanted forest, full of life and danger. Few would ever choose to live in such a place, but then again Falcron wasn’t most, He chose to live there so that he could commune with nature, after all he spent most of his time protecting the King and Palace as a Royal guardsman that when he finally stepped down and retired from it he felt like a great weight was lifted off of his shoulders. These days he’s been content to enjoy what the forest has to offer his home deep and far out of the way from anyone who would run into him he chose to live life in solitude.

Falcron sat at his desk pouring over documents that were scattered across the desk a couple of books of old lay on the desk open, a certain page visible. Falcron leaned back sighing heavily as he looked around for a moment before he got up and walked over to a window close to the stairs and looked outside, for the most part it was peaceful which suited him just fine but it was clear eventually he was going to have to go out and get supplies since it had been quite a while since he’d gone out. Falcron thought about it for a while, he knew that he had plenty of food to last him and if he needed anything the forest would provide what he required, other things that weren’t so easy to acquire would have to be bought or traded for at the port city. Now that he thought about it he was going to need to get resupplied with essentials since oil for his lamps were not something he could easily get in the forest nor any material to patch up his clothes as well as material to make new arrows and bolts, while he hadn’t used the bolt thrower in ages he didn’t have many on hand, and a few of his arrows had broke when he went hunting last so he would need to replace those for sure. Finally he went upstairs to his room and walked over to his weapons rack grabbing his bow and sheathed sword along with the quiver filled with arrows, pausing briefly to look at Celeste putting a hand on the blade, ever since he retired Celeste didn’t get out much, though truthfully there was never any need to since his weapon was meant for war, of which he saw none of in the forest, not to say that the forest wasn’t full of danger as it was but nothing that his bow or short sword couldn’t handle and if push came to shove minimal use of magic more than resolved any conflict he would ever see which was just fine in his book.

Falcron eventually walked away from the weapon racks and made his way down to the first floor blowing out lights as he went. Before he put the lights out on the main floor he went down stairs into the root cellar to get a couple days’ worth of food for the trip to and from the port city, it was two days walk from where his home was in the forest so he would have to make sure he was well prepared for the trip. While he was down there he stepped over to a couple of chests and pulled out a couple of bundles of hide that he would use to trade and grabbed a pack to hold them in before he went back upstairs and blew out the rest of the lights and leaving his home. Falcron stopped just outside his home and checked the lantern that hung on a hook next to his home and checked the oil before he lit it and looked out into the forest in front of him and made his way down the path he made to his home started walking in the direction of the port city.

Guard it well.

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:57 pm
Knowledge is power.

Dreamatic

User Image

Falcron Camoth

After having walked for some time with the serpent by his side Falcron stopped at the steps to his home briefly to look around finding that nothing was out of place since he had left looking at the serpent he smiled and spoke up "Welcome to my home it's not much but it keeps the rain out." The lamp by the front door was still lit so Falcron went up the stairs sure that the serpent would follow when ready and stopped in front of the lamp to blow it out before he stepped over to the door and opened it walking through.

Looking through the door it was dark inside but slowly but surely lights started appearing inside as Falcron went around the first floor to light the lamps scattered about the rooms. When Falcron was finished he simply went about preparing the house for company and made sure the lamps were lit about the other floors, stopping momentarily to put his weapons on the racks as well as laying the pack next to them he was sure that he would have to repack it later with the appropriate supplies when the time came to do so and sighed slightly as he made his way back down to the first floor to see how his guest was holding up.

Guard it well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Serpent

The serpent slithered up the front of the home, her vibrant green eyes wide with a sense of wonder. "It's... very, very lovely," She remarked with what would look to be a smile, or at least as much of a smile that a snake-like creature could muster. Seeing as he was being kind enough to invite her into his home, she thought it best she finally introduce herself. "My name is Syrena." She began to say with the dip of her head as she slithered on inside the home. "Thank you for this... You're the first person I've encountered in all of my years of travel, that have been kind and unafraid enough to invite a monster into their home," Her voice softly echoed.

Syrena was grateful to feel the warmth that the house provided. It was quite cozy. She had grown used to sleeping high up in the branches of trees, or in the depths of dark caves that she found along her journeys. But getting the chance to stay in an actual home, was a treat, and something she was very grateful for. "Is there a kitchen here? I could prepare some stew. I used to be quite the cook," Syrena offered with a slight chuckle, her tail flicking with anticipation at getting the chance to prepare a meal. She had always loved cooking and baking back when she was a human, but was sure that she could manage to find a way to cook something even while as a serpent.

Wolfe Garm

Dreamatic

Astounding Prophet

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 pm
Knowledge is power.

Dreamatic

User Image

Falcron Camoth

Falcron continued to smile as he closed the door behind her “a pleasure to meet you Syrena, I am Falcron, this home was a gift from the forest itself, and you’re welcome, I can imagine most would probably try to kill you, truthfully had I still been a member of the royal guard, my role to protect and serve the king and his subjects might have had me hunting you down at one point, but alas I’ve long retired from that and the only thing I desire is to simply live peacefully with life.” He glanced over his shoulder as he walked over to the fireplace and stood there for a moment his smile never leaving his face “as for a kitchen the door over here will take you to it, it is small but sufficient to work with” He paused and stepped over to the door that was next to the fireplace and opened it “there is a wood stove along with a seasonings made from ingredients acquired from the from this forest, the root cellar has various meat and vegetables that I’ve caught and grown here so if you have anything specific you need I’d be happy to assist you in getting them for you” it wasn’t often he had guest in his home due to how deep into the forest his home was but it wasn’t often that he had a guest that could cook or offer for that matter usually he handled the meal and to a point he would probably assist in preparation and cooking of the meal but he would wait there and see what she had in mind.

Guard it well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:14 pm

Serpent

Syrena couldn't help but hiss a bit at the mention of hunting. It was an involuntary reaction, one that was instinctive to the fact that she was still technically a serpent, at least for the moment. However, she relaxed once again, as soon as she heard that he was retired. "And what made you decide to retire?" Syrena couldn't help but ask. She knew it wasn't any of her business, but she was still curious nonetheless.

Syrena was happy to see that the kitchen was full, and that she was allowed to use it. "Thank you! And you've been gracious enough... I'll let you know if I need any help though," She replied with a soft chuckle. The serpent made her way over towards the wood cellar and began to slither up along a post. With her body wrapped around it, she craned her head forwards and began to knock various meats and vegetables down off the shelf intentionally. Once finished, Syrena began to pick them up one by one with her tail, and carried them over onto a cutting board. While then picking up a knife and beginning to rapidly chop them all up, Syrena looked towards Falcon. "If you could put some water into the pot over the fire and set it to a boil, that would be great," She suggested. Syrena next began to grab various spices and herbs with the end of her tail, sprinkling them over the now chopped meats and vegetables.

"As a child, I spent a lot of time with a chef at our manor. She taught me a recipe for stew. It was always very scrumptious, reminds me of home..." Syrena began to say, her voice gently trailing off in thought for a moment. "And it is very nice to meet you too, Falcron. I should warn you though, there are many hunters searching for me."

Wolfe Garm

Dreamatic

Astounding Prophet

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:49 am
Knowledge is power.

Dreamatic

User Image

Falcron Camoth

Falcron smiled as it was clear that Syrena was happy with the accommodations and watched her for a while before she asked him a question and nodded “of course I can do that for you!” Falcron held his smile as he grabbed the pot and moved it over to a simply sink that had a lever to pump water out of a reservoir he’d built to collect water and filled it up before he moved it over to the wood stove putting it on top, he made sure that there was plenty of wood inside before he lit it on fire and closed the door to it the now lit fire and stood there for a moment. He finally turned around and listened to Syerna speak of her past and the fact that she was being hunted and simply chuckled “well it sounds like you’ve had a very interesting life so far, but you need not worry about the hunters, I know of none who would venture this deep into the woods, the likelihood of them finding my home is very slim, the forest is alive you see, and it doesn’t simply allow you to wonder through it, it likes to cause problems to those who enter, the paths that go to my home are so far secluded that unless you know where to go and where they are you’d never find them let alone my home, in all my years I have never found anyone this deep into the forest, well that is before you, though had you not appeared when you did our paths might have never met and you most certainly would have remained lost before your heart could lead you to where you are wanting to go” Falcron stepped over to where Syrena was cutting everything and collected what she had finished chopping putting them into a deep bowl for easy collection and continued “as for your previous question, I chose to retire because I felt it was time to do so, I’d been serving my king for a century or more, so I felt that I needed to step away from that life so that I could life with nature in a peaceful manner over a more hectic life as it was when I served my king. Not to say I didn’t enjoy it as I did but you come to that point in life’s journey where you must decide which path to take, so I chose a peaceful life in solitude which isn’t such a bad thing.” Once Falcron had finish he stepped back and leaned up against the counter and simply watched Syrena all the while watching as the water in the pot grew more restless from the heat.

Guard it well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:41 am

Serpent

"You sound like you've had a very interesting life yourself," Syrena commented after hearing some of his story, her tail flicking with interest. "I must say, this forest... It is very remote, and vast with nature. Which is precisely why I probably ended up here, you know, being a serpent and all," She added with a soft chuckle, or at least as much as a serpent could muster, which came out as a funny sort of sounding hiss.

When Syrena noticed that the pot was boiling, she slithered closer to it and used her tail to push the chopped meat and vegetables into the water. Next, she knocked a few more spices in, and then used the end of her tail to begin stirring it all together with a wooden spoon. Soon enough, a warm and savory smell began to fill the home as all the ingredients came together. Once it had all cooked long enough, Syrena very carefully moved the pot off the fire and set it somewhere safe. Her tail was much stronger and durable than it looked, otherwise she probably would've been easily burnt.

"Ah... It's finally finished! The first meal I've cooked in... Well, years, so I hope it turned out okay,"
She said cheerily. For someone who had been feasting only on uncooked mice and birds for many years, this was a true treat. Syrena fetched two bowls, balancing them both on her tail, and filled them to the brim with the steaming soup. She gazed up at the table, suddenly realizing that she'd be unable to slither up there while carrying both of them. "Would you mind placing these on the table for me?" Syrena asked politely. "And please take this meal as a token of my thanks, for your generosity and open-mindedness."

Wolfe Garm

Dreamatic

Astounding Prophet

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:34 pm
Knowledge is power.

Dreamatic

User Image

Falcron Camoth

Falcron smiled as he listened to her and when it came time to eat he nodded “of course I can take them to the table, and you’re welcome” Falcron grabbed the bowls which he found the aroma to be mouthwatering, so he took the bowls to the dining room which was attached to the living room and put them on the table, though before he sat down he walked over to light a couple of lamps that were in the dining room so that there was plenty of light there before he went back into the kitchen and grabbed a couple of glasses and filled them with something to drink before he took them to the table and sat down. He looked at the bowl for a moment before he grabbed a spoon and scooped it into the stew taking a mouthful, the flavors were absolutely wonderful and he enjoyed it greatly, when he swallowed he spoke up “I must say it has been a while since I’ve had a meal as wonderful as this is thank you for the meal” he enjoyed the stew with great delight and simply ate in silence.

Once he had finished eating he sat there for a while and simply enjoyed the taste of the drink he’d chosen, and didn’t say anything for a moment, eventually he spoke up “how long have you been in serpent form?” he couldn’t help but wonder about it, most shifters he had ever encountered had some manner of control when in their other form, so for her to be unable to change back to normal he had to wonder what the circumstances of her inability for maintaining control were.

As he waited for an explanation, he started thinking about where to begin searching for a magic wellspring, he knew of them but admittedly he’d never seen one, he’d studied the circumstances of one popping up and the potential they had when he was training to become a spellslinger, from what he could remember on the subject such wellsprings were a well sought after location, mostly due to the immense potential they provided when you first make contact with them, to say that magic would literately pour through you was perhaps the most accurate description of what happens when you are around them, admittedly one could in theory use that increase in magical strength to do things that wouldn’t normally be possible, to say the least wellsprings contained immense power and were highly sought after by those who were both good and evil. But to find one these days was no simple task nor an easy one and would require research on where one had been found in the past, though it would be almost simpler to inquire from someone who’d encountered them, admittedly that only meant that one of two social groups were in question, those in the demon realm, and those over at the Vampire island, though one might be able to talk to the dragons about it since they have been around a while and might hold the information Syrena sought though hard to say since they were to a point a dying breed and finding someone who was an elder would likely prove to be a difficult task, that all provided that they would hear them out in the first place since most of the dragons on their island tend to stay in the high mountains and were for the most part content to stay away from anyone not dragon.

Guard it well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:30 am
Red Gypsy

After walking for a couple of hours they finally reached the small path that led through a small fence, the light he had lit before was still lit and stepped over to the Lamp and extinguished the fire before he opened the door and allowed Aylarra to go in first, with him following close behind to close the door. Falcron looked at Aylarra a moment before he walked around the living room and started lighting candles so that they could adequately see, briefly going over to the fireplace and snapped a finger which caused a flame to ignite on the wood that had been freshly laid before he had left and turned to look at Aylarra “welcome to my home, the stair next to you leads up to my study and bedroom. The stairs leading down goes into a root cellar with supplies collected from the forest itself. The door to the left of the fireplace goes into a kitchen make yourself comfortable we’ve got some time to rest eat and get any supplies we’ll need for the trip” Falcron smiled a bit as he made his way upstairs to his bedroom and stepped over to the weapons rack depositing his bow and sword along with the quiver she’d given him to use and looked at Celeste placing a hand on the blade a moment before he stepped over to his armor and started putting it on making sure every buckle was firmly fastened and the armor didn’t shift anymore than it was supposed to. After a while he was in his armor which was designed to be put on over the leather armor he wore and grabbed his helmet fastening it to his belt before he stepped over to the weapons rack once again and grabbed Celeste and sheathed it in the scabbard designed to hold it which rested in his back so that he had free movement, he also took extra measures of grabbing the short sword and scabbard and fastening it to his armor which was positioned just above Celeste so that he could draw it much the same he would normally and grabbed his pack that he would use with his armor before he went downstairs stopping a moment to look at the maps sprawled across his desk in the study making sure nothing had been moved and then heading downstairs to see what Aylarra was doing.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:11 am
Wolfe Garm

Aylarra looked around the place with interest but ignored the upstairs, instead exploring the downstairs briefly. She checked the stores he had and quickly worked up something for them both to eat, showing that she had surprising skill in the kitchen.

The food was waiting when he came downstairs. She was already sitting at the table with her notebook open and a plate in front of her. She didn't look up as he found her, simply pointed to the stove over her shoulder, "I made something to eat. It's not much, but it's filling. I might be able to do something better when I have more time," she said, her tone slightly absent minded for the moment.

She forked up a bite of the dish and noted that she might have overdone the peppers a bit, but thought that the cream adequately helped with the burn. It was just a throw-together dish, but was something that she liked to make. She liked to make up her own recipes but never wrote them down. She usually forgot to write them down.

She turned a page and found the part she needed to check on and frowned as she double-checked the spell, not paying attention to the bite she ate. When she was focused like this, she held a different kind of beauty that was usually overlooked.

She knew the spell she was using was risky, but it would take care of the problem and fix the forest her great-grandfather had created. She owed it to him to fix it. She'd promised.

The spell was a huge risk and took alot of power. But she simply knew she could do it, she could fix this. She had to....  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:20 pm
Red Gypsy

Falcron nodded and simply stepped over to get a little to eat before sitting down at the table without a word and simply began eating, thinking of what he was likely going to need to bring along besides his usual gear, ordinarily he would bring mission relevant, which in this case would simply be his own equipment, since they would likely return to his home once everything was taken care of. Then it occurred to him that he might need a few specialized potions, he’d remembered that he still had a couple of potions to assist with the drain his body tended to get when using spells, granted the armor and Celeste helped ease the magical fatigue he got from prolonged magic use and in this case it was going to be necessary to not collapse at the worse of times, but that fatigue would eventually get to him so having the potions that were made for spellslingers like him, and ate his food quickly noting that Aylarra was taking her time and simply got up as well as took his plate and placed it in the sink for the moment and went down into the cellar and over to the east wall and simply opened a hidden door to a small room with potion racks lining the wall, he didn’t have very many potions left but what he did have would certainly be enough and simply grabbed a potion pouch and two for magical fatigue and stored them inside the pouch, the pouches were as special as the potions were since they were made to protect the contents from damage which was essential for his kind of work.

Once he was certain he wouldn’t need anymore than just what he grabbed he left that room and closed the door behind him which blended into the wall seamlessly and simply went back upstairs and returned to the dining table and sat down slightly forward in his chair as he watched Aylarra and finally spoke up “once we leave here it’ll be a long trek to the breach, I’ll do my best to keep the beasts roaming further in at bay until the breach can be sealed” Falcron placed an armored hand on the table and watched Aylarra.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:35 pm
Wolfe Garm

Aylarra finished her plate and washed up the dishes while he was in the cellar then returned to the table to put her notebook back in her pack as she nodded to him, "I've got a spell that'll help us move without being noticed for a while, but it'll take a bit to wear off once it's in place. I've tried to tweak it for short term, but it seems to be a stubborn spell. Still, it'll give us a bit of a break on the trip. It seems to work on everything too. At least, it does so far..." she said softly as she considered the contents of her pack.

"I'll need us another pillow, maybe another blanket... Certainly another cup since I only brought the one... Anything else you want to put in here? It can hold alot of stuff... I tested it with a piano, so it really will hold alot..." she added then frowned as she considered the food she'd brought as well.

"There's actually plenty of food... I tried to plan for a few days, just in case. But it won't take me long once my spell takes hold. I'll admit that I'll need the protection while I'm casting the spell, but we should be able to get to it without any problems..." she finished there, not wanting to give way too much right now.

She knew the risk with her spell. But she knew it had to be done. It was the only way to fix it...

She'd set the 'hiding' spell when they left. She thought that she probably should have tried to get a little sleep before they left again, but it was the same risk either way.

She just wanted to get there and fix this. She had to do it. She'd promised...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:22 pm
Red Gypsy

Falcron looked at Aylarra and nodded “it’ll have to do, hopefully it’ll be enough to fool the Roasin Hound, the Grim shouldn’t bother us provided it is a strong enough spell, but dark beast with a keen sense of smell might give us problems so we’ll have to be careful” Falcron stepped stopped as he left the dining room and went upstairs to collect a pillow and a blanket, and carried them back downstairs with him and simply placed them on the table, before he stepped over to a shelf by the table and pulled a cup from it and placed it there on the table as well “if we end up not having enough supplies to return, it shouldn’t be difficult to come back here and resupply on anything we need for the trip back to the castle” Falcron paused when he drew Celeste and pulled an empty cylinder from it and replaced it with a fresh cylinder filled with bolts, he hoped he wouldn’t have to use them but he was prepared to do so if the need came. Celeste came to life with energy as he held it which only showed that Celeste held more than just physical bolts for munitions, but also magic energy which could be used to cast attack spells as the need required. From his time as a spellslinger his weapon made slinging spells at enemies so much easier and less strenuous on him which was a plus for him, though having the potions close helped as well.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:36 pm
Wolfe Garm
Your move from here

Aylarra packed the items into her pack then gave a simple nod as she shouldered it and headed for the door, fully ready to go. At least he was also carrying the quiver she'd given him, so they had some extra leeway on weapons. She also had a few other things in her pack that would come in handy if needed...

She got to the door and closed her eyes as she hummed a bit, her mouth moving with some silent words in the process as she cast the spell that would hide them on the trip. It didn't take her much to do and one really couldn't see any difference until one realized that animals were moving past them without seeing them.

Aylarra's magic was always very subtle and almost undetectable, making her perfect for blending into the background and being unnoticed. Honestly, if she hadn't broken her leg before, he might not have ever known she was there at all...

For now, she finished the spell and tossed a curl out of her face as she opened the door. Maybe she seemed to be a bit rushed, but her determination to do this task was very obvious, "Come on. Quicker we get there, the quicker I can fix this..." she said softly, clearly wanting to get on the move without any further delay.  
Elven Realm

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games